Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"If the referendum had been legally binding, then the findings of the Electoral 11:14 - Feb 26 with 1040 viewsRyorry

... Commission would have rendered it invalid. But because it wasn't binding, we can be held to something that was corruptly delivered."

Sorry for yet another Brexit thread, but this seemed pretty fundamental. What an utter shambles, our political system & too many of our politicians in it, seem about as much use as a chocolate teapot!
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 11:15]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

(No subject) on 11:17 - Feb 26 with 1023 viewschicoazul

"Straight white male standing for bloody-minded reasonableness and against fascist racist sexist homophobic fukcwittery"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

(No subject) on 11:23 - Feb 26 with 997 viewsBlueBadger

(No subject) on 11:17 - Feb 26 by chicoazul

"Straight white male standing for bloody-minded reasonableness and against fascist racist sexist homophobic fukcwittery"

I think that one's on the fourth Manic Street Preachers album.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"If the referendum had been legally binding, then the findings of the Electoral on 11:28 - Feb 26 with 980 viewsfactual_blue

OWT MEENS OWT. YEW LOSSED. GED OFER ITE.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

"If the referendum had been legally binding, then the findings of the Electoral on 11:30 - Feb 26 with 971 viewsDarth_Koont

I wonder if that was the Leave strategy all the way. They were certainly sharper in using social media but they also might have known that the nature of a referendum meant that they could lie on the side of a bus without any legal ramifications.

Unfortunately, what's the value of principles, logic and truth nowadays when it's more effective to dupe people? And easier too when you can take zero responsibility afterwards — legally or for actually delivering your "promises".

Pronouns: He/Him

"If the referendum had been legally binding, then the findings of the Electoral on 11:45 - Feb 26 with 936 viewsnoggin

"If the referendum had been legally binding, then the findings of the Electoral on 11:28 - Feb 26 by factual_blue

OWT MEENS OWT. YEW LOSSED. GED OFER ITE.

Sovrinty.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

"If the referendum had been legally binding, then the findings of the Electoral on 13:00 - Feb 26 with 871 viewsBlueBadger

"If the referendum had been legally binding, then the findings of the Electoral on 11:45 - Feb 26 by noggin

Sovrinty.

bloo pisspoors

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024