Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WBA pub and food advice 10:11 - Mar 4 with 1331 viewsLord_Lucan

I highly recommend The Sportsman Club. Despite the name it is actually a pub and does some fantastic food, it's Indian run with loads of Indian BBQ offerings and some great curry. The Mixed Grill is superb.

It's at the start of the High St (although it isn't really a high St as such), it's one mile from the ground so about a 15 minute walk. It is likely to be very busy but there are lots of tables in the restaurant area (tressle table type operation) and you can probably book one. It was quite a spit and sawdust place but it's had a recent facelift - must admit I preferred it before.

No real ales unfortunately but well worth a visit.

https://www.sportsmanbarandrestaurant.co.uk/gallery/

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

WBA pub and food advice on 10:48 - Mar 4 with 1274 viewstextbackup

THERes one called the vine that sounds very similar

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

WBA pub and food advice on 11:01 - Mar 4 with 1254 viewsLord_Lucan

WBA pub and food advice on 10:48 - Mar 4 by textbackup

THERes one called the vine that sounds very similar

The Vine is a bit nearer, you could do both as you would walk past The Vine from The Sportsman.

The Vine is more well known and will be busier and the food is probably just as good, I prefer the Sportsman though, been going there for years. You get a few more "Characters" in there.

The Vine is a bit more trendy.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 11:04]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

WBA pub and food advice on 11:18 - Mar 4 with 1225 viewsPinewoodblue

WBA pub and food advice on 11:01 - Mar 4 by Lord_Lucan

The Vine is a bit nearer, you could do both as you would walk past The Vine from The Sportsman.

The Vine is more well known and will be busier and the food is probably just as good, I prefer the Sportsman though, been going there for years. You get a few more "Characters" in there.

Used to stay at Park Inn, just over M5, cheap beer match days. Have twice enjoyed a good chat with Ian Collard both pre and post match when he has been a guest of WBA and also staying.

Their fans don't seem to recognise him.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

WBA pub and food advice on 11:25 - Mar 4 with 1206 viewsLord_Lucan

WBA pub and food advice on 11:18 - Mar 4 by Pinewoodblue

Used to stay at Park Inn, just over M5, cheap beer match days. Have twice enjoyed a good chat with Ian Collard both pre and post match when he has been a guest of WBA and also staying.

Their fans don't seem to recognise him.

To be fair nor would I.

WBA pub and food advice on 19:17 - Mar 4 with 1039 viewsallezlesbleus

LL....is there any town / city in England where you can't recommend somewhere for a decent curry?
WBA pub and food advice on 19:58 - Mar 4 with 1001 viewsSwansea_Blue

WBA pub and food advice on 11:01 - Mar 4 by Lord_Lucan

Last time I was there I went to the Vine. Good, but rammed full as you say. Might try the Sportsman then cheers.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

WBA pub and food advice on 20:04 - Mar 4 with 991 viewsLord_Lucan

WBA pub and food advice on 19:17 - Mar 4 by allezlesbleus

LL....is there any town / city in England where you can't recommend somewhere for a decent curry?

I'm not very good with anything north of Brum.

WBA pub and food advice on 21:13 - Mar 4 with 923 viewsJamestownPrince

Good call Lucan

I live in West Brom, but I'm off to the Isle of Man for the weekend to play darts, otherwise Id have suggested the social club 5 tram stops away for Town fans (but the Gaffers away with me too!)

Vine and Sportsman are great (Sportsman even better) - now the Hawthorns is on the Metro line, which has a number of Park n Ride car parks and a day saver is £4 a day on a Saturday (think its £7 for a group ticket)

If you fancy a beer and these 2 pubs are packed - getg the tram towards Wolverhampton... Dartmouth Street round the corner is another Vine - Curry and ok beer - Dudley Street Tram station, go up the steps, turn right and passed the Clock Tower - 2 great pubs, on the right the Old Hop Pole and even better on the left is the Wheatsheaf.

If you go to the next tram station "Black Lake" - crodsd over and leave the station bu the path by the trees, at the end tuern left, 200 yards on teh right is the New Talbot - good Indian food and good beer, and on the left is the Sow and Pigs - fabuolus ales - there might be a darts knockout in there that I ususally play in but not till 2.30 and as I say some of us are away - plus it saves me losing to Jamie Hughes once again!!

There is a Hungry Horse in West Brom centre by the shopping precinct if your family orientated and don't like curry!!! - the Wetherspoons is Smackrat City, althught the Spoons in Oldbuty and Wednesbury are fine
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024