Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The fck is the point in you posting MM stories Phil/Gav? 11:11 - Mar 10 with 6466 viewstextbackup

It’s a fck all story that will do nothing but cause a few clicks.

Absolute waste of time.

Embarrassing all round.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

‘Divisive’ is an understatement! on 16:55 - Mar 10 with 967 viewsNewcyBlue

‘Divisive’ is an understatement! on 15:09 - Mar 10 by unstableblue

McGoldrick was already gone.

Look in my view the main reason we are in our situation is the appointment of Hurst, who thought he could take a formula into the championship and that Jackson and Harrison could in anyway replace Waghorn.

I agree he probably also messed up Bart.

BUT alas I think Hurst and Lambert would attest, and I think Lambert has said as much - we had allowed key positions such as right back, number 10, wingers and creative mid to remain unresolved, we had bought some injury prone players, AND most importantly our players over two seasons had retreated into a very poor way of playing. As Chambo has also eluded to.

So we’ll just have to disagree. I think you’ll find most Town fans agree.

You read his comments again in that news story. They’re bloody terrible.

McGoldrick was on his way, sure.

Last season wasn't Mick's finest. He kept us punching above our weight though, even thought it wasn't pretty. The odds have been stacked against us for a while now.

I think saying Mick is to blame for this season, or even partially to blame, is a bit of an overstretch.

As soon as Mick went, it was clean slates all around. A new era.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

‘Divisive’ is an understatement! on 17:11 - Mar 10 with 919 viewsunstableblue

‘Divisive’ is an understatement! on 16:55 - Mar 10 by NewcyBlue

McGoldrick was on his way, sure.

Last season wasn't Mick's finest. He kept us punching above our weight though, even thought it wasn't pretty. The odds have been stacked against us for a while now.

I think saying Mick is to blame for this season, or even partially to blame, is a bit of an overstretch.

As soon as Mick went, it was clean slates all around. A new era.

Apologies Newcy - and also not wanting to feed the trolls! - I’m really not stating that Mick is the major culprit in our relegation, that’s clearly Marcus and Hurst, BUT, to suggest he didn’t play some part in the state of the squad and the poor form and characteristics of the team and players is a little naive. The problem is you can never - ‘wipe the slate clean’ between seasons!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

‘Divisive’ is an understatement! on 17:25 - Mar 10 with 883 viewsDarth_Koont

‘Divisive’ is an understatement! on 17:11 - Mar 10 by unstableblue

Apologies Newcy - and also not wanting to feed the trolls! - I’m really not stating that Mick is the major culprit in our relegation, that’s clearly Marcus and Hurst, BUT, to suggest he didn’t play some part in the state of the squad and the poor form and characteristics of the team and players is a little naive. The problem is you can never - ‘wipe the slate clean’ between seasons!

That's not really what happened though. We had a number of solid senior pros some with a lot of goals in them and a number of youngsters coming in too.

Unfortunately we cashed in on too many of our valuable senior players, didn't play our youths and we still haven't filled gaps.

Now our squad is worth a lot less than this time last season and we're going down. Moving away from the strategy and going for lower league 25-year-olds failed in its primary goal of keeping us competitive. Now Lambert will look to see if he can make something out of that and turn us around.

Pronouns: He/Him

‘Divisive’ is an understatement! on 17:36 - Mar 10 with 853 viewsPJH

‘Divisive’ is an understatement! on 17:25 - Mar 10 by Darth_Koont

That's not really what happened though. We had a number of solid senior pros some with a lot of goals in them and a number of youngsters coming in too.

Unfortunately we cashed in on too many of our valuable senior players, didn't play our youths and we still haven't filled gaps.

Now our squad is worth a lot less than this time last season and we're going down. Moving away from the strategy and going for lower league 25-year-olds failed in its primary goal of keeping us competitive. Now Lambert will look to see if he can make something out of that and turn us around.

Exactly right, the squad that we had eleven months or so ago was not a relegation squad.
From that squad the loanees and almost certainly McG were going to be leaving but anyone competent coming in (assuming that the change was necessary)only needed to add a bit to what we had to have a potentially very good squad.
Regrettably the person that came in was far less than competent.
I am sure Paul Lambert would have done a lot better with the squad that we had in May than he has so far been able to do with the squad that we had in October.
‘Divisive’ is an understatement! on 17:41 - Mar 10 with 845 viewsunstableblue

‘Divisive’ is an understatement! on 17:25 - Mar 10 by Darth_Koont

Troll

‘Divisive’ is an understatement! on 17:43 - Mar 10 with 840 viewsDarth_Koont

‘Divisive’ is an understatement! on 17:41 - Mar 10 by unstableblue

Troll

Helpful. What part do you disagree with?

Pronouns: He/Him

‘Divisive’ is an understatement! on 17:44 - Mar 10 with 839 viewsunstableblue

‘Divisive’ is an understatement! on 17:43 - Mar 10 by Darth_Koont

Helpful. What part do you disagree with?

I was being humurous

I agree with you

The fck is the point in you posting MM stories Phil/Gav? on 14:40 - Mar 12 with 670 viewslondontractorboy57

The fck is the point in you posting MM stories Phil/Gav? on 15:06 - Mar 10 by Ryorry

Why do you think some people are still obsessed with MM? Couldn't have anything to do with them reacting to his continuing to stir it, be unprofessional, & make derogatory comments about ITFC fans could it?

McCarthy Has Sympathy With Town Players Facing Relegation Pay Cut 10th Mar 2019 09:55
Ex-boss Mick McCarthy has expressed his sympathy with his former Town players facing “hefty wage cuts” once relegation to League One is confirmed and insists he doesn’t want to stick two fingers up to his critics at Portman Road following the Blues' disastrous campaign. 103

[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 15:07]

MELT
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024