Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? 14:36 - Mar 28 with 20153 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I voted leave. I was taken in by their lies (money reasons and law reasons were my two reasons for voting this way). I think both sides campaigns were awful and neither massively convinced me either way. Anyway.. I voted leave. Probably should’ve voted remain. I believe the government have totally ballsed it up and anyone voting Tory in the next election after this must just blindly follow them like they’re a football team they support.

Now.. if there was a second referendum, despite thinking I ought to have voted remain, I wouldn’t vote. Because whether I regret my vote or not, ‘leave’ democratically won the vote. Having a second referendum because the surprising result happened and the government have fooked it up is surely making a mockery of the voting system. If ‘remain’ had won, there wouldn’t have been a second one. So why should there be one because it went the way the government didn’t expect and haven’t been able to handle? For me, voting to remain would be voting to ignore the original democratic wishes of the country which is worse than leaving the EU now.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:25 - Mar 28 with 1821 viewsSpruceMoose

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:25 - Mar 28 by footers

Thankfully I was awaiting your inevitable backlash.

Did you mean 'Backsplash'?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:27 - Mar 28 with 1813 viewsWeWereZombies

Great first paragraph, second paragraph makes no sense - especially as there is still no sign of a second referendum let alone the terms of it or what each side might put forward in the way of arguments for their respective cases.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:28 - Mar 28 with 1810 viewsHerbivore

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:21 - Mar 28 by Pecker

Strange comparison. The vote was legally put to every person allowed to vote. It wasn't 12 people making the decision. If someone is wrongly convicted, then of course they should be set free, but this isn't the case with the referendum. It is wrongly believed that all those who voted leave are thick. Yes we were told lies about leaving the EU, but we were also told lies about remaining in the EU. This may come as a shock to you, but politician tell lies. We all know this. The people who try and say democracy doesn't work like that are those who didn't vote to leave.

What lies were told about remaining in the EU? Did they promise everyone a free toaster?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:28 - Mar 28 with 1809 viewsPecker

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:22 - Mar 28 by SpruceMoose

You forgot "I await the backlash".

No doubt some kind of childish metaphor.
Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:29 - Mar 28 with 1803 viewsSpruceMoose

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:28 - Mar 28 by Pecker

No doubt some kind of childish metaphor.

There should be some doubt.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:29 - Mar 28 with 1804 viewsPecker

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:25 - Mar 28 by footers

Thankfully I was awaiting your inevitable backlash.

So you are younger than 20. Apologies.
Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:30 - Mar 28 with 1799 viewsSpruceMoose

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:29 - Mar 28 by Pecker

Don't go inviting him for a slumber party. Think of your other arm man!

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:31 - Mar 28 with 1797 viewsgordon

We're about to get an outcome that the most prominent Leave campaigners have called it a betrayal, a slave state, vassalage etc.

As such, there is no way this outcome could be said to reflect what was promised in the referendum campaign.

Therefore, it would be undemocratic for the nation to continue down this course without seeking a confirmatory referendum.

There are a lot of people misunderstanding and misusing the concept of democracy in this thread.
Login to get fewer ads

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:31 - Mar 28 with 1796 viewsfooters

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:29 - Mar 28 by Pecker

Pecker don't be hard on me.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:31 - Mar 28 with 1791 viewsPecker

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:24 - Mar 28 by SpruceMoose

Nah, he's older than that. He's mugged you right off matey.

Please do not refer to me as your mate. That I most certainly am not. As for mugging me off, this is an internet forum you mug.
Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:32 - Mar 28 with 1785 viewsSpruceMoose

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:31 - Mar 28 by footers

Pecker don't be hard on me.

Did you mean 'in'?

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:32 - Mar 28 with 1781 viewsfooters

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:32 - Mar 28 by SpruceMoose

Did you mean 'in'?

Can't believe he's turned on us like this and is now talking like Danny Dyer.

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:33 - Mar 28 with 1776 viewswkj

Pecker, Ignore these two, they are just part of the pack trying to make things hard for you. I don't like it when you fight as I don't want anyone to be sad when it all climaxes. Let go of the low hung fruit and spend your time with some more time with quality posters who operate on top.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2019 18:35]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:33 - Mar 28 with 1770 viewsSpruceMoose

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:31 - Mar 28 by Pecker

Please do not refer to me as your mate. That I most certainly am not. As for mugging me off, this is an internet forum you mug.

I said matey, not mate. I was picturing you as a bottle of bubble bath.

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:37 - Mar 28 with 1742 viewsSpruceMoose

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:32 - Mar 28 by footers

Can't believe he's turned on us like this and is now talking like Danny Dyer.

I've a good mind to report his post as abuse.

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:41 - Mar 28 with 1737 viewsSwansea_Blue

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 17:49 - Mar 28 by Pecker

I voted remain, but if there is a second referendum I would vote leave. I base this on the first vote. Whether they were blindly lead down an alley or not, I believe the result should stand. I know most on here voted remain, like me, but I will get well and truly hammered for putting this. I do not believe, just because the government has "ballsed" it up and some people don't like it, that the result shouldn't stand. I believe in democracy and democracy isn't , I don't like that result change it. Democracy is people have a vote and that result stands. I await the backlash.

Interesting perspective, and you're free to do that. It's a moral minefield though. You'd be supporting a group defined at least 3 years ago on the basis of a perceived wrongdoing by the Government. But that group may not be be in the majority now and you may then yourself be failing a different group in a superceding democratic process. Especially as you'd be essentially voting in protest rather than according to your own beliefs. Good luck with reconciling those conflicting injustices in your conscience!

I'd just vote for what I wanted to happen as I prefer to keep things simpler. If I switched to leave because I feel sorry for those who've been sold unicorns (and I do) but then a narrow Leave win denied a new generation of teenagers their opportunities in Europe, I'd feel as guilty as hell.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2019 18:42]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:43 - Mar 28 with 1732 viewsWeWereZombies

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 15:50 - Mar 28 by flimflam

How many leave voters do you think will change to remain? Very few I would suggest,

How many remain voters will have changed to leave because they feel democracy should be upheld? I already know of several so I would say quite a lot.

So why do the remain camp seem so sure they will win this time as it will be an even bigger majority for leave.

What then? Will they just accept it? Very doubtful.

The best of the pollsters now has it down as 54/55% Remain against 45/46% Leave, not a massive sample size but he is reported as asking detailed and incisive questions so his opinion might just be more reliable than yours.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47693645

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:49 - Mar 28 with 1723 viewsPecker

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:37 - Mar 28 by SpruceMoose

I've a good mind to report his post as abuse.

So shall we see who has been mugged off. You 2 decided to bring me under your wing after I posted that I had hurt my shoulder. You have both posted that you hope that I get well and that you will protect me on here. I have told you that I drive a dark blue Audi and only go to away games on my own. You said something along the lines of think of the environment. You have both since turned on me as I do not follow your lines of childish behaviour. Because in real life I do not drive a dark blue Audi and travel alone and my first name is not Richard nor my surname Peck. I am currently off work because I have built up too much holiday leave. I haven't got a damaged shoulder, I am simply on holiday. Now, who do you think has been mugged off?
Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:51 - Mar 28 with 1720 viewsgordon

One of the most important deviations from the official Leave campaign prospectus is that in the official Brexit prospectus it said:

“We will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave"

Worth thinking about that for a bit and comparing to the situation we're in now.
Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:51 - Mar 28 with 1716 viewsSpruceMoose

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:49 - Mar 28 by Pecker

So shall we see who has been mugged off. You 2 decided to bring me under your wing after I posted that I had hurt my shoulder. You have both posted that you hope that I get well and that you will protect me on here. I have told you that I drive a dark blue Audi and only go to away games on my own. You said something along the lines of think of the environment. You have both since turned on me as I do not follow your lines of childish behaviour. Because in real life I do not drive a dark blue Audi and travel alone and my first name is not Richard nor my surname Peck. I am currently off work because I have built up too much holiday leave. I haven't got a damaged shoulder, I am simply on holiday. Now, who do you think has been mugged off?

Holiday leave, use it or lose it buddy.

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:53 - Mar 28 with 1712 viewsfooters

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:49 - Mar 28 by Pecker

Just know this, my love for you, and every other poster on here, is unconditional.

I am glad to hear you are not suffering an injury and are enjoying your holiday. Sorry to have taken up so much of your time.

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:55 - Mar 28 with 1705 viewsSpruceMoose

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:53 - Mar 28 by footers

Just know this, my love for you, and every other poster on here, is unconditional.

I am glad to hear you are not suffering an injury and are enjoying your holiday. Sorry to have taken up so much of your time.

Bit of a pwoper nawty thing to do though, whoring around for sympathy off the back of fake injuries. I for one am glad the Echo and the Bummymen have exposed this fraud.

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:56 - Mar 28 with 1696 viewsfooters

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:55 - Mar 28 by SpruceMoose

Bit of a pwoper nawty thing to do though, whoring around for sympathy off the back of fake injuries. I for one am glad the Echo and the Bummymen have exposed this fraud.

Although it is a sin to lie, there may be good reason for it. I do not wish to encroach upon Pecker's privacy by enquiring any further into the matter.

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:59 - Mar 28 with 1691 viewsPecker

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:55 - Mar 28 by SpruceMoose

" fraud". Coming from you, that really is the kettle calling the pot black.
Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:59 - Mar 28 with 1688 viewsSpruceMoose

Democracy or the right decision? What’s more important? on 18:56 - Mar 28 by footers

Although it is a sin to lie, there may be good reason for it. I do not wish to encroach upon Pecker's privacy by enquiring any further into the matter.

I agree. Let us put this whole sordid matter behind us. We have cast the negative influence out, and we no longer need fear for his safety as he has two fully functioning arms. End of.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024