Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert criticism 19:22 - Mar 30 with 1760 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't get it. From lots of posters I consider quite sensible as well. Lambert came into the club to a poor squad, a losing mentality, a complete disconnect with the supporters and a seemingly thankless task of saving us with a few loanee mercenaries.

Since then he has repaired the relationship with the fans, changed the style of football, tied players down for next season and produced a long term plan for the club. Who knows if Evans has agreed to it but it really shows some ambition.

Are people really forgetting that our number one striker before he got injured was last season's number 4 striker? If we lose Lambert before he has had a real crack at league one with his own squad then frankly we deserve nothing anyway.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lambert criticism on 19:29 - Mar 30 with 1705 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ill do this in bullet form;

- he has a worse ppg record than Hurst
- that record is also worse than Hurst’s last 5 games
- results have got worse the longer he’s been in charge
- he’s averaged about 3.5 changes to the side a game since January
- he signed 6 players in January who have largely had no impact on results
- we’re being relegated without putting up any semblance of a fight
- he hasn’t really shown any signs of being able to tactically change a match
- he says one thing in interviews only to then do the complete opposite about 2 weeks later

Don’t get me wrong, he’s done some good things. The PR stuff genuinely is great - but only if backed by results. On the pitch there have been some signs of promise of late - Derby was an excellent performance, Bristol City good and WBA decent. For me he definitely does deserve the chance to continue building next season

But if he left tomorrow, I don’t see how anyone could conclude anything other than that he’d failed miserably here, given the results

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lambert criticism on 19:30 - Mar 30 with 1692 viewsSwansea_Blue

I suspect that it’s because results haven’t changed. He was brought in to turn round our fortunes and has clearly failed (compare him with Mick when he first arrived).

Of course, that could be an unrealistic expectation given how poor our squad is (again, look at who Mick had - miles better). Others can be the judge of that.

I’ve enjoyed watching us over the last couple of months. We’ve played some good, high energy stuff and developed a bit of a backbone (didn’t see today and don’t know how we played). Lambert is/was heading in the right direction for me, but is severely hamstrung by the players, especially in the final third.

His off field stuff has been a revelation, but it’s not enough if the results aren’t there.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambert criticism on 19:31 - Mar 30 with 1682 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert criticism on 19:29 - Mar 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Ill do this in bullet form;

- he has a worse ppg record than Hurst
- that record is also worse than Hurst’s last 5 games
- results have got worse the longer he’s been in charge
- he’s averaged about 3.5 changes to the side a game since January
- he signed 6 players in January who have largely had no impact on results
- we’re being relegated without putting up any semblance of a fight
- he hasn’t really shown any signs of being able to tactically change a match
- he says one thing in interviews only to then do the complete opposite about 2 weeks later

Don’t get me wrong, he’s done some good things. The PR stuff genuinely is great - but only if backed by results. On the pitch there have been some signs of promise of late - Derby was an excellent performance, Bristol City good and WBA decent. For me he definitely does deserve the chance to continue building next season

But if he left tomorrow, I don’t see how anyone could conclude anything other than that he’d failed miserably here, given the results

Do we agree that he hasn't had a pre season or the chance to build his own squad?

The loanees haven't had an impact because no one with the quality we needed would have come.

Truly impaired.

Lambert criticism on 19:31 - Mar 30 with 1681 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Well said JCBlue you are a true town fan. You tell these fickle fans! (fake town fans)

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Lambert criticism on 19:32 - Mar 30 with 1667 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert criticism on 19:31 - Mar 30 by Ipswich_Crazy

Well said JCBlue you are a true town fan. You tell these fickle fans! (fake town fans)

I will have my vengeance Sneeky.

Truly impaired.

Lambert criticism on 19:38 - Mar 30 with 1627 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lambert criticism on 19:31 - Mar 30 by J2BLUE

Do we agree that he hasn't had a pre season or the chance to build his own squad?

The loanees haven't had an impact because no one with the quality we needed would have come.

Wouldn’t they though? We brought in two strikers - presumably on a reasonable wage each. Therefore figures that financially we could have gone after better, and ultimately you’d assume that players would rather play somewhere than warm the bench. Most of our signings were made within about a week of the window opening - that’s not the sign of a club scrambling after 4th or 5th choice targets

I agree he deserves a full pre-season - but again that doesn’t mean that he couldn’t have done better than he’s done so far

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lambert criticism on 19:39 - Mar 30 with 1619 viewsTractorWood

Lambert criticism on 19:31 - Mar 30 by Ipswich_Crazy

It's not really about being a true fan or not. Questioning a manager who's won 2 games in 25 is irrefutably reasonable.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Lambert criticism on 19:42 - Mar 30 with 1600 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert criticism on 19:38 - Mar 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Wouldn’t they though? We brought in two strikers - presumably on a reasonable wage each. Therefore figures that financially we could have gone after better, and ultimately you’d assume that players would rather play somewhere than warm the bench. Most of our signings were made within about a week of the window opening - that’s not the sign of a club scrambling after 4th or 5th choice targets

I agree he deserves a full pre-season - but again that doesn’t mean that he couldn’t have done better than he’s done so far

I'm not saying he is perfect. Perhaps we needed another MM after Hurst to grind out points. Long term though, I think Lambert will be great for us. If people turn on him before he has had a fair chance I will be gutted.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert criticism on 22:57 - Mar 30 with 1352 viewsMelford

How anybody is judging Lambert on this season is beyond me. Look at the results here when Burley came in, we won the the first two but look what happened afterwards
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994%E2%80%9395_Ipswich_Town_F.C._season
Burley didn't lift us at all in terms of results when he came in , we were getting proper hidings every week. There was a run of 7 straight losses without scoring, conceding 27 goals in the process. It was even worse than this season.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Lambert criticism on 23:27 - Mar 30 with 1303 viewsjasondozzell

Well said. He's done a good job and deserves time and support. People seem to have forgotten context behind what he inherited!
Lambert criticism on 23:28 - Mar 30 with 1298 viewsRyorry

Lambert criticism on 22:57 - Mar 30 by Melford

How anybody is judging Lambert on this season is beyond me. Look at the results here when Burley came in, we won the the first two but look what happened afterwards
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994%E2%80%9395_Ipswich_Town_F.C._season
Burley didn't lift us at all in terms of results when he came in , we were getting proper hidings every week. There was a run of 7 straight losses without scoring, conceding 27 goals in the process. It was even worse than this season.

Thinking long-term seems to have gone completely out of fashion I'm afraid, esp where football's concerned.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Lambert criticism on 03:33 - Mar 31 with 1136 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Two schools of thought here

#1 Either you acknowledge that Lambert is struggling here / failing to make an impact or sufficiently improving results.

#2 You realize that already, but hesitate / bite your tongue for fear of backlash from others i.e. pro-Lambert enthusiasts.

If the manager had some money to work with it would sure be interesting, but Marcus Evans is as mean with his money as Ebeneezer Scrooge before (Marley and) the three ghosts paid visit, so what the hell's he got to work with regards funds.

BUT - we realize money ISN'T the end all and be all of a successful team, it takes a manager with ideas and true direction, you know, (someone who) can implement something that works in training and on the field, and Paul Lambert has failed considerably with that objective.

One or two posters put it as it is. One or two wins in some 25 games, I mean seriously, what the f-ck is going on here. Said in the post-game comment area that Lambert is far from the golden child some insist. Would I be dismayed if he indeed vacated as the rumors today suggest ? In a word, No.

Hurst was poor, agreed, but Lambert has had ample time to address things and move the club away from the relegation zone since coming in last fall. That he hasn't, and results and scores have remained largely sub-standard, you know damn well people are going to find issue / skepticism, and doubt will eventually arise from the situation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024