Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds or Sheffield united for 2nd place? 12:21 - Apr 8 with 4093 viewsitfcjoe

Who do you WANT to go up, not who do you think will.

I'll go with Leeds. Their fans have sold out every away allocation for about 15 years outside the top flight and they are a massive club deserving of PL status. That and the Bielsa factor.

A couple of mates are Leeds fans and both good guys, my Father in Law is one also and at least means if I take him to a game for his birthday or something it will be a PL game rather than another poxy Championship game which I must have watched 500 of live in my life!

Sheffield United haven't had it as hard, and I always felt more of a dislike for them with the Warnock and Taricco days.

Were we rivals with Leeds in the 70s? Or did our great era foolow theirs rather than overlap?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Leeds or Sheffield united for 2nd place? on 14:49 - Apr 8 with 893 viewsITFC_Forever

Leeds or Sheffield united for 2nd place? on 14:37 - Apr 8 by Illinoisblue

given the potential significance, have the club given Leeds a bigger allocation?

See other thread.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Leeds or Sheffield united for 2nd place? on 14:57 - Apr 8 with 888 viewsIllinoisblue

Leeds or Sheffield united for 2nd place? on 14:49 - Apr 8 by ITFC_Forever

See other thread.

ah, just saw it. Fitting that a man who built his fortune on selling tickets will have a stadium with thousands of empty seats on the last day of the season when they could have sold out twice over to Leeds.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leeds or Sheffield united for 2nd place? on 15:05 - Apr 8 with 876 viewsBluedandy

Leeds or Sheffield united for 2nd place? on 13:57 - Apr 8 by PJH

They certainly are, ITFC can never be a "huge" club in that respect but the principle that PL is working on is similar to what Don Revie did-a lot of the truly great Leeds side of the early 1970's(Bremner,Gray, Lorimer etc)more or less grew up together from the mid 1960's.

Never say never ... when both clubs were in the Championship we averaged higher league attendances than Leeds in the 2005-2006 and in 2006-2007 seasons.

Of course they are a much bigger one club town but we are a one club county whereas in the top four divisions there are ten professional clubs from Yorkshire.
Leeds or Sheffield united for 2nd place? on 15:11 - Apr 8 with 865 viewsITFC_Forever

Leeds or Sheffield united for 2nd place? on 14:57 - Apr 8 by Illinoisblue

ah, just saw it. Fitting that a man who built his fortune on selling tickets will have a stadium with thousands of empty seats on the last day of the season when they could have sold out twice over to Leeds.

And on the final day at this level for a while.

Couldn't be more fitting!

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Leeds or Sheffield united for 2nd place? on 16:24 - Apr 8 with 817 viewsIllinoisblue

Leeds or Sheffield united for 2nd place? on 15:11 - Apr 8 by ITFC_Forever

And on the final day at this level for a while.

Couldn't be more fitting!

I'll cut him some slack due the unique situation/policing/logistics but seems like they missed a wide open goal to cash in on Leeds. Still, not as if we need the money eh?!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leeds or Sheffield united for 2nd place? on 16:36 - Apr 8 with 799 viewsKropotkin123

I like the rivalry we've had with Sheffield Utd over the years. We've largely had the better of them too. Their managers have often praised our support. I don't hate them, I just like to beat them.

Hating them reminds me of Bolton fans blubbing at us for their inability to accept their play-off loss, which was entirely their fault.

On the other hand, Leeds cheated this season and their punishment wasn't harsh enough. They should have been docked points.

I want Sheff Utd and DM to go up, with Villa as Play-Off winners.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Leeds or Sheffield united for 2nd place? on 16:45 - Apr 8 with 793 viewsHerbivore

Leeds or Sheffield united for 2nd place? on 16:36 - Apr 8 by Kropotkin123

I like the rivalry we've had with Sheffield Utd over the years. We've largely had the better of them too. Their managers have often praised our support. I don't hate them, I just like to beat them.

Hating them reminds me of Bolton fans blubbing at us for their inability to accept their play-off loss, which was entirely their fault.

On the other hand, Leeds cheated this season and their punishment wasn't harsh enough. They should have been docked points.

I want Sheff Utd and DM to go up, with Villa as Play-Off winners.

You can't dock a side points when they haven't infringed any rules. Don't be silly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leeds or Sheffield united for 2nd place? on 16:47 - Apr 8 with 791 viewsKropotkin123

Leeds or Sheffield united for 2nd place? on 16:45 - Apr 8 by Herbivore

You can't dock a side points when they haven't infringed any rules. Don't be silly.

I can't dock points even if they have infringed rules, I'm not part of any governing body. Either way, it doesn't stop me holding the opinion that they should have.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024