Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now 10:55 - Apr 15 with 5907 viewsSteve_M

They have definitely been one highlight of a very disappointing season:

http://turnstileblues.co.uk/blog.aspx?nid=1123

Although, we did think that Max's response to being asked about calling Delia Smith a whore merited a further response:

http://turnstileblues.co.uk/blog.aspx?nid=1122

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 12:08 - Apr 15 with 2256 viewsEwan_Oozami

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:55 - Apr 15 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Agree with the pro Ipswich. I hope we don’t go all Bertie Big Böllocks next season and start deriding opposition grounds etc.

Considering the state PR's got to under Evans I don't think we can say anything on that subject!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 12:13 - Apr 15 with 2251 viewsSteve_M

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 12:08 - Apr 15 by Ewan_Oozami

Considering the state PR's got to under Evans I don't think we can say anything on that subject!

Well, quite. The care and attention that Andy Holt, for example, has taken to provide Accrington with a ground for the medium term is in stark contrast to this:

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 15:00 - Apr 15 with 2185 viewschicoazul

Good content but IMVHO that small blue font on white really jars and is hard to read!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 15:03 - Apr 15 with 2180 viewschicoazul

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 12:13 - Apr 15 by Steve_M

Well, quite. The care and attention that Andy Holt, for example, has taken to provide Accrington with a ground for the medium term is in stark contrast to this:

Have no idea if it's true or not but supposedly Old Trafford is looking similarly decrepit, and has a similarly hands-off parsimonious owner (although Marcus is telling us otherwise now)

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 15:42 - Apr 15 with 2144 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:35 - Apr 15 by ITFC_Forever

We do seem to have picked up a few teenagers in the last couple of years who like to swan about and act like they're extras from Green St.

Sooner or later though, they'll be too lairy in the wrong place and provoke some bigger boys who will sort them out.

Tbf to them, the kids who are all dressed in stone island and brands of the like are the fans that I tend to see at every game, no matter how far away. They seem like decent kids as well when I have come in to contact with them. They do act hard which is pretty cringe, but they are harmless.

Obviously the melts that sing the Fashanu song are tools and only turn up in London.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 15:45 - Apr 15 with 2141 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:12 - Apr 15 by Dyland

" I remember that Rotherham game, where there was an equaliser in the last minute. It was abject, it was awful, and I remember getting really pissed off and I started chanting and then other people started booing. I thought “you have got no right to do that, if you have not been cheering”. I actually don’t think you’ve got a right to do that at all: but certainly if all you do is stand there in silence and the only thing you do, the only contribution you make as a supporter is to boo and jeer. Then I think it is a disgrace frankly. After that it was the first game where I actually started leaving 2 or 3 minutes before the end, if we had played crap: because I could not stand it when people started booing. I wasn’t leaving to beat the traffic, or because I had some other engagement. It was because I would have stopped going altogether as the atmosphere was so crap. But I think you reach a certain point in your life where, perhaps you are getting a little bit more active if there is something that you don’t like. You start to do something about it - rather than moaning about it. Put your money where your mouth is, sort of thing. That is where we are now."

Bang on buh.

I remember that game and it was terrible.

I didn't sing because it was so dull and I definitely did boo at full time. I appreciate what blue action have done, but that quote is a load of balls imo.

People have every right to boo when football was served up like it was in that game.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 15:48 - Apr 15 with 2133 viewsSteve_M

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 15:00 - Apr 15 by chicoazul

Good content but IMVHO that small blue font on white really jars and is hard to read!

Yeah, the website isn't great. I'll mention it as something that could be improved.

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 15:52 - Apr 15 with 2125 viewsITFC_Forever

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 15:42 - Apr 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

Tbf to them, the kids who are all dressed in stone island and brands of the like are the fans that I tend to see at every game, no matter how far away. They seem like decent kids as well when I have come in to contact with them. They do act hard which is pretty cringe, but they are harmless.

Obviously the melts that sing the Fashanu song are tools and only turn up in London.

Nothing wrong with that per se, I've got a few football casual brands in the wardrobe myself.

But I don't go round bringing attention to myself by shouting my mouth off at away games etc.... one day they might get taught an unpleasant lesson.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

I don't agree on 15:53 - Apr 15 with 2124 viewsDyland

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 15:45 - Apr 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

I remember that game and it was terrible.

I didn't sing because it was so dull and I definitely did boo at full time. I appreciate what blue action have done, but that quote is a load of balls imo.

People have every right to boo when football was served up like it was in that game.

Football fandom is about getting behind the team no matter what. Of course it's a two way street but if everyone expects the team to always be getting the crowd going most grounds would be dead half the time. And that creates an "atmosphere" that's no fun to be part of. What's the point in going to PR at all? Football isn't and can't be all about every team everywhere being amazing, all the time.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I don't agree on 15:57 - Apr 15 with 2117 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I don't agree on 15:53 - Apr 15 by Dyland

Football fandom is about getting behind the team no matter what. Of course it's a two way street but if everyone expects the team to always be getting the crowd going most grounds would be dead half the time. And that creates an "atmosphere" that's no fun to be part of. What's the point in going to PR at all? Football isn't and can't be all about every team everywhere being amazing, all the time.

Agree in the most part with what you have said.

What I remember about this game was that Rotherham hadn't won any points away all season and we got battered. It was so dull. This was a string of bad performances, so whilst it is a two way street, we had weeks of terrible performances and I was pretty fed up.

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 15:58 - Apr 15 with 2116 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 15:52 - Apr 15 by ITFC_Forever

Nothing wrong with that per se, I've got a few football casual brands in the wardrobe myself.

But I don't go round bringing attention to myself by shouting my mouth off at away games etc.... one day they might get taught an unpleasant lesson.

Fair enough.

I don't agree on 16:02 - Apr 15 with 2113 viewsDyland

I don't agree on 15:57 - Apr 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

Agree in the most part with what you have said.

What I remember about this game was that Rotherham hadn't won any points away all season and we got battered. It was so dull. This was a string of bad performances, so whilst it is a two way street, we had weeks of terrible performances and I was pretty fed up.

I know, and there's always context and nuance such as this.

The only crumb of comfort at the moment is the idea ITFC needed a cathartic moment to press the reset button. I'm not convinced we will bounce back too easily, but also feel Lambert needs the benefit of the doubt, and hope (against hope) that Evans backs him and what's needed to lay better foundations that ensure there is accountability beyond just the manager and owner.

COYFB

I don't agree on 16:07 - Apr 15 with 2105 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I don't agree on 16:02 - Apr 15 by Dyland

I know, and there's always context and nuance such as this.

The only crumb of comfort at the moment is the idea ITFC needed a cathartic moment to press the reset button. I'm not convinced we will bounce back too easily, but also feel Lambert needs the benefit of the doubt, and hope (against hope) that Evans backs him and what's needed to lay better foundations that ensure there is accountability beyond just the manager and owner.

COYFB

I think that we will be back first time of asking. Get a striker in and sort out a best 11 and I do genuinely think that we will be the best team in league one. But this is Ipswich so I am probably completely wrong and we will finish 14th.

Heh! (n/t) on 16:07 - Apr 15 with 2102 viewsDyland

I don't agree on 16:07 - Apr 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

I think that we will be back first time of asking. Get a striker in and sort out a best 11 and I do genuinely think that we will be the best team in league one. But this is Ipswich so I am probably completely wrong and we will finish 14th.

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 16:32 - Apr 15 with 2077 viewsMullet

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:58 - Apr 15 by Steve_M

Another good point. See also things like this which are in no way going to be thrown back at all Town fans next season:

If people are throwing cups at us that'd make a change.

Although their "it's just banter" seemed as ill thought as it is ill timed. As with a lot of the last 48 hours seems a few have had certain tweets or whatever ready to go for some time, which is really weird.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 16:57 - Apr 15 with 2052 viewsBenters2

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 15:42 - Apr 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

Not true that nasty song or chant was heard in a game up t’north not so long back.
The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 17:04 - Apr 15 with 2037 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 16:57 - Apr 15 by Benters2

Not true that nasty song or chant was heard in a game up t’north not so long back.

I am interested to know which game.

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 03:32 - Apr 16 with 1945 viewsBenters2

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 17:04 - Apr 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

I am interested to know which game.

I can’t remember it was reported on here though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024