Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's weird how in France 08:41 - Apr 17 with 9695 viewschicoazul

you have loads of civil unrest for many many weeks now over tings like taxation, the cost of diesel etc but you burn half on one cathedral down and all of a sudden they can raise 1bn euros just like that.
It's very ///chef's fingertip kiss

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

It's weird how in France on 12:18 - Apr 17 with 1567 viewsjeera

It's weird how in France on 12:08 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

In fairness, spunking load sof cash on vanity and symbolic projects of arguably little worth at the expense of the needy is not uniquely French - we're spending BILLIONS on refurbishing the Palace of Westminster, HS2, Trident and Brexit after all.

Boris's bridge.

How was that even a consideration?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

It's weird how in France on 12:25 - Apr 17 with 1560 viewsfooters

It's weird how in France on 12:18 - Apr 17 by jeera

Boris's bridge.

How was that even a consideration?

For some strange reason I've been seeing possible private crowdfunding stuff for that lately!

These people must be certified nutters. I believe we spent 60m on that. Hope they've got deep pockets!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

It's weird how in France on 12:26 - Apr 17 with 1554 viewschicoazul

It's weird how in France on 11:48 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

Better healthcare, policing and public services?

If high taxation resulted in those things then Singapore should be like Cambodia.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

It's weird how in France on 12:27 - Apr 17 with 1551 viewschicoazul

It's weird how in France on 11:11 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, you'd have to be a bit of a psychopath to suggest that looking after the vulnerable, sick and disabled, educating your children ad keeping the streets safe WEREN'T goods thing, though.

And who is suggesting that, precisely?

It's weird how in France on 12:31 - Apr 17 with 1537 viewsjeera

It's weird how in France on 09:47 - Apr 17 by BrixtonBlue

Just like how the Tories said there was no magic money tree and then swiftly found £90m for the DUP.

A billion was reported.

It's weird how in France on 12:32 - Apr 17 with 1535 viewschicoazul

It's weird how in France on 11:26 - Apr 17 by Guthrum

I disagree.

Society is the framework within which human civilization has developed. Taxes have always been paid to finance that (in kind and in service, if not money).

If we wish to perpetuate that civilization, rather than reverting to an individualistic hunter-gatherer lifestyle, then there is a responsibility to continue funding it. To do otherwise really is expecting nice things for free.

One could argue that governments and state apparatus are an inefficient way to run things. But there has to be some sort of organisational structure, economies of scale cannot be taken advantage of and centralisation helps avoid duplication of effort. I'm not against private enterprise in the commercial sphere, but when providing public services the necessity to make a return on investment is at odds with the unprofitable nature of providing that service to people who cannot afford to pay for it.

If governments did not exist, someone would have to invent them - as happened in the earliest human societies (it's no coincidence that the oldest documents found are official accounts).

All I simply say is that, when you make taxes a question of morality, then you are subject to other people having "better" (or what we actually mean by this, different) morals than you, as we see on here all the time. It may in fact be a more ethical thing to avoid paying tax as much as possible and perhaps Governments agree given they give so much opportunity for exactly that.

It's weird how in France on 12:33 - Apr 17 with 1520 views26_Paz

It's weird how in France on 12:12 - Apr 17 by jeera

List it.

Explain exactly how it works.

List what exactly?
Explain how what works?

The Paz Man

It's weird how in France on 12:42 - Apr 17 with 1503 viewsjeera

It's weird how in France on 12:33 - Apr 17 by 26_Paz

List what exactly?
Explain how what works?

All this welfare you keep repeatedly saying is being churned out willy-nilly.

"From April 2018, the rate for contribution based JSA is: age under 25 - £57.90. age 25 or over - £73.10."

That's that bit covered for you.

What's worrying you, because there's not much room for recreation on those miniscule amounts.

Edit; your post says: "With the level of welfare in this country the only reason why anyone would be unable to buy food is if they have wasted their benefits on ill advised pursuits (drink, fags, drugs etc)."

[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 12:43]

Login to get fewer ads

It's weird how in France on 12:54 - Apr 17 with 1454 views26_Paz

It's weird how in France on 12:42 - Apr 17 by jeera

All this welfare you keep repeatedly saying is being churned out willy-nilly.

"From April 2018, the rate for contribution based JSA is: age under 25 - £57.90. age 25 or over - £73.10."

That's that bit covered for you.

What's worrying you, because there's not much room for recreation on those miniscule amounts.

Edit; your post says: "With the level of welfare in this country the only reason why anyone would be unable to buy food is if they have wasted their benefits on ill advised pursuits (drink, fags, drugs etc)."

[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 12:43]

Can get a lot of food for £57.90 mate. I got a loaf of bread for 20p the other day. I big bag of rice is less than a quid. Bag of dried pasta in sanisburys is 30p.

The Paz Man

It's weird how in France on 12:56 - Apr 17 with 1451 viewseireblue

It's weird how in France on 12:54 - Apr 17 by 26_Paz

Can get a lot of food for £57.90 mate. I got a loaf of bread for 20p the other day. I big bag of rice is less than a quid. Bag of dried pasta in sanisburys is 30p.

How are you cooking the rice?
It's weird how in France on 12:58 - Apr 17 with 1441 views26_Paz

It's weird how in France on 12:56 - Apr 17 by eireblue

How are you cooking the rice?

Obviously you have gas and electric bills as well ... but as you will see my shopping list added up to nowhere near £57.90

The Paz Man

It's weird how in France on 12:59 - Apr 17 with 1436 viewseireblue

It's weird how in France on 12:58 - Apr 17 by 26_Paz

Obviously you have gas and electric bills as well ... but as you will see my shopping list added up to nowhere near £57.90

Where are you cooking the rice?
It's weird how in France on 12:59 - Apr 17 with 1435 viewsBrixtonBlue

It's weird how in France on 12:31 - Apr 17 by jeera

A billion was reported.

Oh right, even worse than I remembered.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

It's weird how in France on 13:00 - Apr 17 with 1431 viewsfooters

It's weird how in France on 12:58 - Apr 17 by 26_Paz

Attacking the jobless is a strange hill to die on.

Especially when there will be as many personal circumstances as there are claimants.

I know this won't fit your black and white view of the world but might be worth thinking on.

It's weird how in France on 13:00 - Apr 17 with 1430 viewsXYZ

It's weird how in France on 12:32 - Apr 17 by chicoazul

All I simply say is that, when you make taxes a question of morality, then you are subject to other people having "better" (or what we actually mean by this, different) morals than you, as we see on here all the time. It may in fact be a more ethical thing to avoid paying tax as much as possible and perhaps Governments agree given they give so much opportunity for exactly that.

Trying to follow your argument here. I've concluded you're now trolling yourself.
It's weird how in France on 13:01 - Apr 17 with 1420 viewsXYZ

It's weird how in France on 11:26 - Apr 17 by Guthrum

I disagree.

Society is the framework within which human civilization has developed. Taxes have always been paid to finance that (in kind and in service, if not money).

If we wish to perpetuate that civilization, rather than reverting to an individualistic hunter-gatherer lifestyle, then there is a responsibility to continue funding it. To do otherwise really is expecting nice things for free.

One could argue that governments and state apparatus are an inefficient way to run things. But there has to be some sort of organisational structure, economies of scale cannot be taken advantage of and centralisation helps avoid duplication of effort. I'm not against private enterprise in the commercial sphere, but when providing public services the necessity to make a return on investment is at odds with the unprofitable nature of providing that service to people who cannot afford to pay for it.

If governments did not exist, someone would have to invent them - as happened in the earliest human societies (it's no coincidence that the oldest documents found are official accounts).

You're "on fire" this morning, Guthers. Top work.
It's weird how in France on 13:02 - Apr 17 with 1413 views26_Paz

It's weird how in France on 12:59 - Apr 17 by eireblue

Where are you cooking the rice?

Obviously you have ( heavily government subsidised) rent as well ... but as you will see my shopping list added up to nowhere near £57.90

The Paz Man

It's weird how in France on 13:07 - Apr 17 with 1395 viewsjeera

It's weird how in France on 12:54 - Apr 17 by 26_Paz

You do understand bills need to be paid don't you?

It's not a food allowance.

Rent aside, that figure is everything.

Everything.

Do you live with you mum or something, where all is free?

It's weird how in France on 13:09 - Apr 17 with 1387 viewseireblue

It's weird how in France on 13:02 - Apr 17 by 26_Paz

Obviously you have ( heavily government subsidised) rent as well ... but as you will see my shopping list added up to nowhere near £57.90

For a healthy diet, you need more than rice, pasta and bread, 3 times a day, 365 days a year.

Where are you getting the other necessary nutrients to meet the NHS recommended guidelines for a healthy diet?
It's weird how in France on 13:09 - Apr 17 with 1387 viewsjeera

It's weird how in France on 13:02 - Apr 17 by 26_Paz

Seriously, no one is is this ignorant.

Do you really believe that payment is for food?

It's weird how in France on 13:09 - Apr 17 with 1389 viewsBloomBlue

Self made millionaires who made their millions from hard work and taking a few gambles give personal money to charity (Church) shocker
It's weird how in France on 13:13 - Apr 17 with 1363 views26_Paz

It's weird how in France on 13:09 - Apr 17 by jeera

Seriously, no one is is this ignorant.

Do you really believe that payment is for food?

No, its for everything but I honestly believe one person could feed themselves for £20 a week. Just eat cheap stuff.

The Paz Man

It's weird how in France on 13:14 - Apr 17 with 1359 views26_Paz

It's weird how in France on 13:09 - Apr 17 by eireblue

For a healthy diet, you need more than rice, pasta and bread, 3 times a day, 365 days a year.

Where are you getting the other necessary nutrients to meet the NHS recommended guidelines for a healthy diet?

If you don't want to get a job you have to make sacrifices

The Paz Man

It's weird how in France on 13:16 - Apr 17 with 1352 viewsfooters

It's weird how in France on 13:13 - Apr 17 by 26_Paz

No, its for everything but I honestly believe one person could feed themselves for £20 a week. Just eat cheap stuff.

Which leaves a huge 160 to cover rents and rates and everything else a month.

Sod this. I'm going on the dole, lucky beggars.

It's weird how in France on 13:16 - Apr 17 with 1351 viewseireblue

It's weird how in France on 13:14 - Apr 17 by 26_Paz

If you don't want to get a job you have to make sacrifices

In other words, you don't have an answer to that question.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024