Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? 19:54 - Apr 24 with 9667 viewsunstableblue

I did say I wasn’t going to comment on Mick anymore... but his ridiculous comments need some feedback and who better than Mick Mills.

His frankly brilliant insight to where it all went wrong for Mick M and why his tenure was unsustainable is all people need to hear. And what the 80% numbskulls would all agree with.

It’s simple - after some losses we moved to a very reserved style of often 8 defensive players, players became more and more conservative, the style less and less expansive, a reliance on LOANEES and a few flare attacking playing out of their skin converting minimal chances does not a sustainable team make, AND THIS IS THE CRITICAL BIT, to be outplayed at home by the top teams is one thing, to be outplayed at home by mid table teams is another but to also be outplayed by the lower table teams was beyond the pale.

Thanks Mick Mills.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 16:56 - Apr 25 with 758 viewsJohnny_Boy

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 10:47 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

Bless your heart. Time to change your knickers and dry your eyes, flower.

I'm not the one worried about life in L1.
Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 17:01 - Apr 25 with 753 viewsHerbivore

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 16:56 - Apr 25 by Johnny_Boy

I'm not the one worried about life in L1.

Neither am I, but you are the one wetting yourself still over an ex ex manager.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 18:30 - Apr 25 with 721 viewsKeaneish

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 15:38 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

I'm an astronaut. It pays the bills I guess.

Your repartee needs a lot of work.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 18:36 - Apr 25 with 717 viewsSarge

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 15:38 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

I'm an astronaut. It pays the bills I guess.

I don’t think you are, I’ve not seen you around the office.
Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 18:46 - Apr 25 with 705 viewsHerbivore

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 18:36 - Apr 25 by Sarge

I don’t think you are, I’ve not seen you around the office.

I'm a freelance astronaut.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 19:59 - Apr 25 with 676 viewsGarv

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 20:32 - Apr 24 by Darth_Koont

Who is looking forward to it more than they would a new season in the Championship?

I'll make the best of it and hope it becomes a positive but I'm dreading it. We haven't even dealt with the fallout of losing players, staff and millions from our budget yet.

Who is looking forward to it more than they would a new season in the Championship?

The people - you could call them naive - who are expecting to see a combination of better football than the dire stuff we've paid to watch before, and more wins, which is fair considering we're going into a league below.

Sometimes it is that simple. Some people will just enjoy going to football matches and not get caught up in the ins and outs of the club and where the blame lies etc.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 20:05 - Apr 25 with 671 viewsDarth_Koont

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 19:59 - Apr 25 by Garv

The people - you could call them naive - who are expecting to see a combination of better football than the dire stuff we've paid to watch before, and more wins, which is fair considering we're going into a league below.

Sometimes it is that simple. Some people will just enjoy going to football matches and not get caught up in the ins and outs of the club and where the blame lies etc.

I'm not looking for blame, now or before.

But if it's just about watching football and having a laugh then we should stay in League One. Or drop down to League Two or the National League and have a right old giggle.

I don't believe we have a right to be in the Premiership by any means but if we don't have any standards after the last 60 years then what's the point? I'll go and watch rugby instead.

Pronouns: He/Him

HALLE FECKING LUJAH (n/t) on 21:18 - Apr 25 with 641 viewsunstableblue

Oh Mick.. really? Perhaps you should listen to Mick? on 06:39 - Apr 25 by ballycastle

Why do the silly fetish boys not get this? We were dying, the football was absolutely atrocious anti football, crowds were decreasing week by week, MM was instigating a players versus crowd atmosphere, only a fool praises that .

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

HALLE FECKING LUJAH (n/t) on 21:27 - Apr 25 with 637 viewsDarth_Koont

HALLE FECKING LUJAH (n/t) on 21:18 - Apr 25 by unstableblue

Although, ironically, the best 5 games from the last two seasons wouldn't feature any from this one.
We may not have had the worst 5 games this season. But then again we've had only 4 wins and got relegated by miles so let's put that in its rightful context.

What's needed is a bit of balance and a bit less projecting failure or success purely depending on your view of Mick. And I say this as someone who still thinks Lambert can work out in the long run.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 21:27]

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024