Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happened to Nydam? 08:56 - May 2 with 2377 viewsgroovyASH

Is he injured or out of favour?

Just thinking is he a contender with Emmanuel for the RB role next season rather than bringing another? I'd say he has a better football brain and on the ball than Emmanuel which would make up what he lacks perhaps in size and speed.

I just am not convinced Emmanuel is going to cut it. I like his attitude and hes a nice guy, just not quite good enough

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

What happened to Nydam? on 09:02 - May 2 with 2342 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I wish people would stop slamming Emmanuel. No one is saying he is a world beater.

By the end of this season he will be our only recognised senior right back. He is well worth having in the squad, and singing him up for one more year does not prevent us signing someone better if the opportunity arises.

He has won promotion from League 1, which in itself is useful experience.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What happened to Nydam? on 09:11 - May 2 with 2318 viewsMrTown

He is a left footed player who has played most his career at central midfield and occasionally left back.

Definitely not a right back. Why we would consider him over an out and out RB who has already won promotion from L1 I don’t know. Not saying Emmanuel will or should be first choice but that’s different argument.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

What happened to Nydam? on 09:16 - May 2 with 2295 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What happened to Nydam? on 09:11 - May 2 by MrTown

He is a left footed player who has played most his career at central midfield and occasionally left back.

Definitely not a right back. Why we would consider him over an out and out RB who has already won promotion from L1 I don’t know. Not saying Emmanuel will or should be first choice but that’s different argument.

Any idea what the latest is on Dylan Crowe? Wonder if he will see first team action next year.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What happened to Nydam? on 09:17 - May 2 with 2288 viewsGarv

Too many better midfielders ahead of him. Probably hasn't shown enough to be considered for left back.

He's very much a left footer so won't be playing right back. I don't see how he'll be anything more than a squad player at best. Loan until January would be my bet, otherwise he's probably back up for Downes.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What happened to Nydam? on 09:21 - May 2 with 2258 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What happened to Nydam? on 09:17 - May 2 by Garv

Too many better midfielders ahead of him. Probably hasn't shown enough to be considered for left back.

He's very much a left footer so won't be playing right back. I don't see how he'll be anything more than a squad player at best. Loan until January would be my bet, otherwise he's probably back up for Downes.

I think hes good enough to be in the mix at the start of the season.

His problem was that he was loaned out by Hurst, and came back in Jan when we were well in the sh1t.

PL will have the chance to assess him in the summer.

He was ahead of Downes at one point, cant remember at what point Downes overtook him.

What happened to Nydam? on 09:33 - May 2 with 2230 viewsOhFreddieFreddie

What happened to Nydam? on 09:16 - May 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

Any idea what the latest is on Dylan Crowe? Wonder if he will see first team action next year.

With the interest previously held in Crowe and him being one of the last without a pro contract, I don’t think anyone is sure what is happening with him
What happened to Nydam? on 10:07 - May 2 with 2137 viewsMrTown

From what I last heard about a month ago believed he was off the Arsenal, before the club reminded him as such he is contracted to Ipswich.

Maybe not the greatest attitude ever at the moment, still v young, undoubtedly v talented.

Yet to sign a new deal, not sure his agent is the most sparkling influence. Would be a massive shame and loss for him to leave at the end of the season. Sure when he matures will be a v v good full back.

Not sure it will benefit his career to move to ‘big’ club yet but the incentives are v hard to turn down. For example, believe Ben Knights family saw a fair few quid in their personal pockets when he moved to Man City.

What happened to Nydam? on 10:11 - May 2 with 2121 viewsMrTown

An example of the wealth at the bigger clubs:

Mason Greenwood signed his first pro deal recently, 15k a week. Staggering.

Login to get fewer ads

What happened to Nydam? on 10:17 - May 2 with 2093 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What happened to Nydam? on 10:11 - May 2 by MrTown

An example of the wealth at the bigger clubs:

Mason Greenwood signed his first pro deal recently, 15k a week. Staggering.

To be fair to Greenwood, he is on the verge of the first team where one of the reserves earns £400k per week.

What happened to Nydam? on 10:19 - May 2 with 2070 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I still believe that Nydam's best position would be as a left wing back.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

What happened to Nydam? on 10:21 - May 2 with 2058 viewsMrTown

What happened to Nydam? on 10:17 - May 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair to Greenwood, he is on the verge of the first team where one of the reserves earns £400k per week.

No doubt I understand what you're saying, Sanchez has been nothing shy of flop at United though, can't hold down a position or form.

Still think the wider context 15K a week to a 17 year who has made 2 first team appearances is mid-blowing. Having said that, the wealth that Man Utd generate, to potentially lock down a future superstar 15K will be lose change to themselves. Would imagine Trev is on v similar wages at Chelsea.

What happened to Nydam? on 10:23 - May 2 with 2052 viewsMrTown

What happened to Nydam? on 10:19 - May 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

I still believe that Nydam's best position would be as a left wing back.

I personally think his best position is one of holding 2 in a 4-2-3-1 formation or as no.8 in a 4-3-3. Whether he'll ever get a true chance to prove it at Town remains to be seen.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him out on loan next season.

What happened to Nydam? on 11:00 - May 2 with 1941 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What happened to Nydam? on 10:21 - May 2 by MrTown

No doubt I understand what you're saying, Sanchez has been nothing shy of flop at United though, can't hold down a position or form.

Still think the wider context 15K a week to a 17 year who has made 2 first team appearances is mid-blowing. Having said that, the wealth that Man Utd generate, to potentially lock down a future superstar 15K will be lose change to themselves. Would imagine Trev is on v similar wages at Chelsea.

Wouldn't disagree.

Although the figures are mind blowing, you have to be a bloody good prospect to get near the Man Utd first team.

And even if he flops, someone like Derby would take a punt on him for £5m+ to give Utd their money back.

What happened to Nydam? on 11:06 - May 2 with 1931 viewsitfcjoe

What happened to Nydam? on 10:07 - May 2 by MrTown

From what I last heard about a month ago believed he was off the Arsenal, before the club reminded him as such he is contracted to Ipswich.

Maybe not the greatest attitude ever at the moment, still v young, undoubtedly v talented.

Yet to sign a new deal, not sure his agent is the most sparkling influence. Would be a massive shame and loss for him to leave at the end of the season. Sure when he matures will be a v v good full back.

Not sure it will benefit his career to move to ‘big’ club yet but the incentives are v hard to turn down. For example, believe Ben Knights family saw a fair few quid in their personal pockets when he moved to Man City.

I just don't see it with Crowe as yet, I think he is one that if he goes to a big club will just disappear there.

I imagine we'll lose him this summer and get a chance to find out though - but he isn't on the same level as Ben Knight

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What happened to Nydam? on 12:20 - May 2 with 1794 viewsMrTown

What happened to Nydam? on 11:00 - May 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

Wouldn't disagree.

Although the figures are mind blowing, you have to be a bloody good prospect to get near the Man Utd first team.

And even if he flops, someone like Derby would take a punt on him for £5m+ to give Utd their money back.

Agreed.

Made me think that, whatever happened to James Wilson.

What happened to Nydam? on 12:28 - May 2 with 1765 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What happened to Nydam? on 12:20 - May 2 by MrTown

Agreed.

Made me think that, whatever happened to James Wilson.

Struggling to make an impact at Aberdeen.

....while probably picking up £15k per week from Utd.

Free transfer at the end of this season, may join Aberdeen.

Bet they turned down some big offers early doors, not sure if hes been affected by injuries.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024