Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone using my number 11:47 - May 14 with 1619 viewsgeg1992

Hi all,

I’m a bit concerned and hoping someone may be able to help. I keep getting texts from Lloyd’s bank saying a mrs guy has opened a credit card and requested a new card for this account. I’ve had the text several times. I called Lloyd’s and they couldn’t see the number on their system. The text appears to have originated from Lloyd’s a and the number they say to call was Lloyd’s too.

I assumed some clever scam so left it. Now I have energy companies and 02 just called me asking for this same Mrs Guy.

I’m a bit concerned to be honest. Could this person do anything with my number? I assume not but want to check.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Someone using my number on 12:02 - May 14 with 1556 viewsPinewoodblue

You need to ask the next company that rings for the address Mr Guy is using, if it is yours you may have a problem. They will probably refuse at first on data protection grounds but insist and ask to speak to supervisor if necessary.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Someone using my number on 12:03 - May 14 with 1547 viewsGuthrum

The 'Mrs Guy' may have given them your phone number by mistake (i.e. got the number wrong). I keep getting reminders for dental appointments in a completely different part of the country.

Just keep a very close eye on your bank accounts and tell anybody who rings for her it's a wrong number, individual not known to you, etc.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Someone using my number on 12:04 - May 14 with 1532 viewsSouperJim

If it's just some dullard giving out the wrong mobile number, it's a nuisance and nothing more. If it's identity theft, you need to make each company aware ASAP.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Someone using my number on 12:46 - May 14 with 1438 viewsgeg1992

Someone using my number on 12:02 - May 14 by Pinewoodblue

You need to ask the next company that rings for the address Mr Guy is using, if it is yours you may have a problem. They will probably refuse at first on data protection grounds but insist and ask to speak to supervisor if necessary.

I did that but the guy speaking wasn't very clear. The address didn't sound like mine though.

Someone using my number on 12:47 - May 14 with 1434 viewsgeg1992

Someone using my number on 12:03 - May 14 by Guthrum

The 'Mrs Guy' may have given them your phone number by mistake (i.e. got the number wrong). I keep getting reminders for dental appointments in a completely different part of the country.

Just keep a very close eye on your bank accounts and tell anybody who rings for her it's a wrong number, individual not known to you, etc.

I did think that with the Lloyds part, but then they didn't have the number on their system, and if 2 other companies have it also, it's all a bit strange!

Someone using my number on 12:48 - May 14 with 1428 viewsgeg1992

Someone using my number on 12:04 - May 14 by SouperJim

If it's just some dullard giving out the wrong mobile number, it's a nuisance and nothing more. If it's identity theft, you need to make each company aware ASAP.

I was hoping it was, but 3 x different companies makes me concerned.

Someone using my number on 12:51 - May 14 with 1417 viewsSuperblue95

Someone using my number on 12:48 - May 14 by geg1992

I was hoping it was, but 3 x different companies makes me concerned.

Friend/family member on the wind up?

Or someone who doesn’t like you trying to create nuisance?
[Post edited 14 May 2019 12:55]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Someone using my number on 12:56 - May 14 with 1395 viewsgeg1992

Someone using my number on 12:51 - May 14 by Superblue95

Friend/family member on the wind up?

Or someone who doesn’t like you trying to create nuisance?
[Post edited 14 May 2019 12:55]

Would be strange as it's been over the past year or so.

I just googled the number claiming to be 02 - scam.

googled the 'boost energy' - also comes up as a nuisance call.

Seems like my number is on a scam list lol.

Login to get fewer ads

Someone using my number on 13:01 - May 14 with 1375 viewsGuthrum

Someone using my number on 12:47 - May 14 by geg1992

I did think that with the Lloyds part, but then they didn't have the number on their system, and if 2 other companies have it also, it's all a bit strange!

The question is whether they didn't have the number on the system at all (or were not able to search just by that at the helpdesk level due to data protection), or whether they just couldn't find it attached to your account. Might be worth ringing them again and asking to speak to someone senior, or even writing them a letter (to create a paper trail).

It could simply be someone (maybe elderly) who has written down or memorised their new phone number wrong and thus keeps giving it out incorrectly. But still worth following up.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Someone using my number on 13:03 - May 14 with 1368 viewschicoazul

If it were me I'd go into the nearest branch of Lloyds, ask to speak with a senior person, and make sure your complaint/comments are put in writing.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Someone using my number on 13:40 - May 14 with 1312 viewsblue62

Is it a new number to you?

They do get reused if someone cancels a number.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024