Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Potter new Brighton manager... 16:33 - May 20 with 4256 viewsMrTown

People’s opinion?

Strange one for me. Can see him struggling, Oestersunds manager and 1 season in the Championship. Only won 2 more games than they lost last season.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 08:20 - May 21 with 389 viewsMrTown

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 08:14 - May 21 by itfcjoe

He really didn't, Swansea cashed in on anyone they could at every point in the season.

I posted about it at the time, but most of that squad were U23 players with next to no first team experience at this level - it's testament to the job he did that he could stop the slide whilst all that was happening.

Swansea fans were gutted, you won't find any who think he didn't do a very good job last year with all that was going on there.

We’ll see how he gets on.

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 08:20 - May 21 with 385 viewsMrTown

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 08:16 - May 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Wrong again, but keep clinging to that irrelevant non-point if you wish 🙂
[Post edited 21 May 2019 8:17]

We’ll see.

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 08:22 - May 21 with 377 viewsMrTown

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 08:17 - May 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I don’t know why you’re mentioning what Swansea fans think, MrTown has an Ipswich season ticket don’t you know

And C_HealyIsAPleasure certainly doesn’t. Bet you’ve got a Swansea one though haven’t ya son

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 08:25 - May 21 with 373 viewsJohnny_Boy

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 16:44 - May 20 by artsbossbeard

I'll have a charity bet with you that Brighton don't get relegated.

£20 to the winners chosen cause.

A few of my Bundesliga following friends are adamant the new Southampton manager will be a total success there. Might even get them into Europe next season. Interested to find out the odds for that.

Anyway, I think it's going to be a real slog to avoid those 3 Premiership relegation places next season. Brighton have had to roll that dice because I fear Hughton may have taken them down if the 18/19 campaign was anything to go by.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 8:26]
Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 08:46 - May 21 with 351 viewsGarv

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 23:47 - May 20 by Johnny_Boy

Spent 70m on players, some of those barely featured at all, totally regressed from the previous campaign, ultimately only stayed up this season because Cardiff's form tailed off at the very end.
Hughton & Brighton were more than a little fortunate this season.

There's a genuine feeling next year's promoted teams won't be cannon-fodder like Fulham, Hudds or Cardiff were.

The Brighton owner could clearly see warning signs & acted now - because as I saw it, B&HA, with Hughton at the helm would have taken them down next year. I'm fairly sure of that.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 8:35]

I'm still trying to work out how Huddersfield stayed up last season.

Sadly the scum probably stand the best chance of staying up out of the promoted/play off teams.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Graham Potter new Brighton manager... on 11:06 - May 21 with 317 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Think you're being a tad harsh on him. What he's done at Swansea under ridiculous circumstances was a really good job, and there isn't a Swansea fan who isn't gutted and concerned they will now plummet - that he is gone. He got a tiny swedish team from the lower leagues into Europe and beating Arsenal away. Yes he doesn't have PL experience but the guy is clearly a good manager. It's a shrewd appointment and very surprised he wasn't picked up earlier by another PL team.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024