Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to 15:15 - May 29 with 1511 viewsJ2BLUE

lose if it meant Spurs didn't win the CL. I sat here thinking what a stupid question then one by one they all said yes.

WTF.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:18 - May 29 with 1480 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I don't think it's that stupid.

If we could win the Europa League it would be amazing. But if it came at the same time Norwich were about to win the Champions League, I could see the temptation to arrange for both teams to lose.

I guess the logic is that Chelsea and Arsenal feel they will get another shot to win a Europa League but they feel Spurs will never have a chance to win the Champions League again.

Arsenal fans will hate it if all their years of CL participation is nothing more than a final defeat to Barca, whilst Spurs rock up as relative newcomers and inconsistent qualifiers and then win the thing. That can never be taken away ever. Spurs would have won it before Arsenal. Forever.

On that basis I can see some weird logic, although it's weird Chelsea fans would agree - even though they hate Spurs. They've already won it so should be far less bothered and interested in what they achieve.

What you have to remember is whether these are 'real' fans. If they are the type that support Chelsea because they were good then they've already seen the win the Champions League and the Europa League, so arguably this means very little to them comparatively. Most of the fans of these clubs are utter morons. You still have the same 100,000 that would have supported them over the last 30 years regardless, but now have another 900,000 people that support them for no reason other than to be complete tools and gloat over real fans of teams like Ipswich and Norwich.

It should be massive. But one of my best mates is a Chelsea fan and not sure he's even going to watch the final FFS!
[Post edited 29 May 2019 15:21]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:20 - May 29 with 1465 viewsJ2BLUE

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:18 - May 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

If we could win the Europa League it would be amazing. But if it came at the same time Norwich were about to win the Champions League, I could see the temptation to arrange for both teams to lose.

I guess the logic is that Chelsea and Arsenal feel they will get another shot to win a Europa League but they feel Spurs will never have a chance to win the Champions League again.

Arsenal fans will hate it if all their years of CL participation is nothing more than a final defeat to Barca, whilst Spurs rock up as relative newcomers and inconsistent qualifiers and then win the thing. That can never be taken away ever. Spurs would have won it before Arsenal. Forever.

On that basis I can see some weird logic, although it's weird Chelsea fans would agree - even though they hate Spurs. They've already won it so should be far less bothered and interested in what they achieve.

What you have to remember is whether these are 'real' fans. If they are the type that support Chelsea because they were good then they've already seen the win the Champions League and the Europa League, so arguably this means very little to them comparatively. Most of the fans of these clubs are utter morons. You still have the same 100,000 that would have supported them over the last 30 years regardless, but now have another 900,000 people that support them for no reason other than to be complete tools and gloat over real fans of teams like Ipswich and Norwich.

It should be massive. But one of my best mates is a Chelsea fan and not sure he's even going to watch the final FFS!

It's incredibly tinpot IMO. Especially for Arsenal who need to win for a CL place. Ridiculous.

Truly impaired.

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:21 - May 29 with 1459 viewsHerbivore

Says a lot about our current society imo. For some people it's more important to see others suffer than to actually be happy yourself.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:22 - May 29 with 1450 viewsTractorCam

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:18 - May 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Disagree entirely, I don't care what the scum are doing if my team are in a European final then I obviously want to win it.

Chelsea have already won the CL and Arsenal haven't won any of them so bizarre they think about Spurs ahead of themselves. In Arsenal's case it would be slightly embarrassing to be behind Spurs in that regard but that still doesn't add up to me. Those Chelsea fans are almost certainly glory hunters.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:23 - May 29 with 1447 viewsBasuco

I want Spurs and Arsenal to both win so the super cup will be a North London derby, not a money making friendly as usual.
SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:28 - May 29 with 1418 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:22 - May 29 by TractorCam

Disagree entirely, I don't care what the scum are doing if my team are in a European final then I obviously want to win it.

Chelsea have already won the CL and Arsenal haven't won any of them so bizarre they think about Spurs ahead of themselves. In Arsenal's case it would be slightly embarrassing to be behind Spurs in that regard but that still doesn't add up to me. Those Chelsea fans are almost certainly glory hunters.

I can't imagine any scenario where I would ever want Town not to win. A European final. Jesus. Of course I would.

But the ridiculous hypothetical question here is what if.

We have an illustrious history. Norwich have nothing. If tonight we could lose a Europa League final, when we've already won the competition, to stop Norwich winning the Champions League and immediately claiming to now be a bigger club that us …. you wouldn't be tempted? Norwich going from nobodies to Champions of Europe?

If Arsenal win the Europa League they'll be delighted but for your rivals to then go one better, in a way diminishes it.

It's a stupid question as it's not like you can control it. But would I give up winning a trophy to stop Norwich going not only better, but immediately becoming more illustrious and bigger than us in the blink of an eye? I would have to think about it!

If I imagine the 3 hour long episodes of Look East and About Anglia that we'd be subjected to for the next 12 months alone, it's enough to make anyone consider it.
[Post edited 29 May 2019 15:35]

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:34 - May 29 with 1386 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Losers.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:34 - May 29 with 1383 viewsJ2BLUE

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:28 - May 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I can't imagine any scenario where I would ever want Town not to win. A European final. Jesus. Of course I would.

But the ridiculous hypothetical question here is what if.

We have an illustrious history. Norwich have nothing. If tonight we could lose a Europa League final, when we've already won the competition, to stop Norwich winning the Champions League and immediately claiming to now be a bigger club that us …. you wouldn't be tempted? Norwich going from nobodies to Champions of Europe?

If Arsenal win the Europa League they'll be delighted but for your rivals to then go one better, in a way diminishes it.

It's a stupid question as it's not like you can control it. But would I give up winning a trophy to stop Norwich going not only better, but immediately becoming more illustrious and bigger than us in the blink of an eye? I would have to think about it!

If I imagine the 3 hour long episodes of Look East and About Anglia that we'd be subjected to for the next 12 months alone, it's enough to make anyone consider it.
[Post edited 29 May 2019 15:35]

We've gone 38 years without a major trophy. It's even more stupid for us than it is for those fans to say it. They will be back there.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:36 - May 29 with 1368 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:34 - May 29 by J2BLUE

We've gone 38 years without a major trophy. It's even more stupid for us than it is for those fans to say it. They will be back there.

The question though is not do you want to lose a European final is it.

It's would you lose a European final to stop your deadly rivals winning an even bigger one and never shutting up about it until the day you die.

If Spurs win on Saturday then Arsenal fans will have to accept that Spurs are now a bigger club. That's what the question is focused on. Would they lose in order to stay a bigger club.
[Post edited 29 May 2019 15:37]

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:37 - May 29 with 1365 viewsBiGDonnie

Arsenal and Chelsea fans - what answer did you expect them to give?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:38 - May 29 with 1354 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:37 - May 29 by BiGDonnie

Arsenal and Chelsea fans - what answer did you expect them to give?

Id expect them to want their own club to succeed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:39 - May 29 with 1341 viewsJ2BLUE

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:36 - May 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

It's would you lose a European final to stop your deadly rivals winning an even bigger one and never shutting up about it until the day you die.

If Spurs win on Saturday then Arsenal fans will have to accept that Spurs are now a bigger club. That's what the question is focused on. Would they lose in order to stay a bigger club.

Winning the CL doesn't make them the bigger club just like Norwich winning the league we were in doesn't make them the bigger club.

I find your mentality very odd.

Truly impaired.

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:50 - May 29 with 1271 viewsBiGDonnie

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:38 - May 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Id expect them to want their own club to succeed.

Normal sets of fans would agree.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:52 - May 29 with 1259 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:39 - May 29 by J2BLUE

Winning the CL doesn't make them the bigger club just like Norwich winning the league we were in doesn't make them the bigger club.

I find your mentality very odd.

Norwich winning the second tier means nothing because we've also won it. Same as if they won the top division.

But if they eclipsed our achievements that would rightly start a debate as whether they were the bigger club. We have won the FA Cup, the top division, finished runners up several times. Norwich winning the Champions League would potentially put us in their shadow for the first time ever.

Same situation here with Spurs and Arsenal which is why they asked such a stupid question.

This only really applies to football. I'd not turn down a £1m lottery win if a hated enemy of mine (say a bloke that ran off with my girlfriend) won £50m on the Euromillions. That would rightly be daft.

This is purely about whether these fans would swap an honour they either already have or could potentially win again to stop a rival becoming a bigger club and winning something they may never get the chance to do ever again.

Arsenal fans I get. Why Chelsea fans would want to lose though is mental because they've won the CL so Spurs wouldn't even get to claim to be bigger. That is odd.

For Norwich to eclipse us they have to have greater success. Not win a division we've both won a few times each already. Neither Spurs or Arsenal have ever been champions of Europe. Hence the question.

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:54 - May 29 with 1247 viewsTractorCam

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:36 - May 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I would be going to Baku and I would not even consider Norwich playing in Madrid a few days later. I would be in Baku begging to see Chambers lift the trophy. Norwich winning the bigger trophy 3 days later would mean absolutely nothing too me if we're in the other final.

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:55 - May 29 with 1240 viewsJ2BLUE

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:52 - May 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Norwich winning the second tier means nothing because we've also won it. Same as if they won the top division.

But if they eclipsed our achievements that would rightly start a debate as whether they were the bigger club. We have won the FA Cup, the top division, finished runners up several times. Norwich winning the Champions League would potentially put us in their shadow for the first time ever.

Same situation here with Spurs and Arsenal which is why they asked such a stupid question.

This only really applies to football. I'd not turn down a £1m lottery win if a hated enemy of mine (say a bloke that ran off with my girlfriend) won £50m on the Euromillions. That would rightly be daft.

This is purely about whether these fans would swap an honour they either already have or could potentially win again to stop a rival becoming a bigger club and winning something they may never get the chance to do ever again.

Arsenal fans I get. Why Chelsea fans would want to lose though is mental because they've won the CL so Spurs wouldn't even get to claim to be bigger. That is odd.

For Norwich to eclipse us they have to have greater success. Not win a division we've both won a few times each already. Neither Spurs or Arsenal have ever been champions of Europe. Hence the question.

Take our major trophies out of it and I actually think Ipswich and Norwich are very similar sized clubs. If they had the Champions League and we had four majors I don't think they would be the bigger club. They would have the best trophy but would you prefer one CL or one title, one FA Cup and two Europa League titles?

Truly impaired.

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:55 - May 29 with 1238 viewsTractorCam

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:52 - May 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

That bottom bit makes me question why Chelsea are bothered.

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:56 - May 29 with 1235 viewsfooters

SSN presenter just asked 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal fans if they would be happy to on 15:21 - May 29 by Herbivore

Says a lot about our current society imo. For some people it's more important to see others suffer than to actually be happy yourself.

A fairy appears one day to a farmer and says 'I'll grant you anything you want, but I'll give your neighbour twice as much.' The farmer replies 'Take one of my eyes.'

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024