Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This decision from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico 09:22 - May 31 with 1821 viewsSteve_M

Just after the conclusion of the USMCA trade deal.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/30/trump-mexico-tariffs-migration

Are we still going to get a great trade deal post-Brexit then?
[Post edited 31 May 2019 11:14]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 09:45 - May 31 with 1498 viewsHolyGoalie

Smart move for a smart pres - Why should we get special treatment from the USA? Not living under the rule of the EU shouldn't mean we live under the rule of the US, no matter how great their country and leader is.

Ipswich by the grace of gloves

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 09:52 - May 31 with 1486 viewsOldsmoker

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 09:45 - May 31 by HolyGoalie

Smart move for a smart pres - Why should we get special treatment from the USA? Not living under the rule of the EU shouldn't mean we live under the rule of the US, no matter how great their country and leader is.

It's the american firms and consumers who use these Mexican products that have to pay the tariff not the mexicans. Trump is going to notch it up 5% a month until it reaches 25% to teach those pesky mexicans a lesson.
It's like a mugger who demands your wallet and when you say "no" he shoots himself in the foot. He demands your wallet again and says if you don't give it to him this time then the other foot gets it.
Donny needs to do Economics 101.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 09:55 - May 31 with 1480 viewsSteve_M

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 09:52 - May 31 by Oldsmoker

It's the american firms and consumers who use these Mexican products that have to pay the tariff not the mexicans. Trump is going to notch it up 5% a month until it reaches 25% to teach those pesky mexicans a lesson.
It's like a mugger who demands your wallet and when you say "no" he shoots himself in the foot. He demands your wallet again and says if you don't give it to him this time then the other foot gets it.
Donny needs to do Economics 101.

Has anything happened this week that he needs to deflect attention from?

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 10:01 - May 31 with 1468 viewsOldsmoker

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 09:55 - May 31 by Steve_M

Has anything happened this week that he needs to deflect attention from?

Only fake news according to Donny.
The fake news about Pelosi saying theres a cover-up and his subsequent hissy-fit in the Rose garden.
The fake news about Meuller saying Trump's a crook.
So, nothing really.

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 10:09 - May 31 with 1458 viewsGuthrum

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 09:45 - May 31 by HolyGoalie

It is going to be difficult to avoid living 'under the rule of' one or other of the strong economic blocs/powers in the world. We need the trade and inward investment. I suppose there's always the Chinese.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 10:15 - May 31 with 1445 viewsStokieBlue

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 10:09 - May 31 by Guthrum

It is going to be difficult to avoid living 'under the rule of' one or other of the strong economic blocs/powers in the world. We need the trade and inward investment. I suppose there's always the Chinese.

This is essentially why we shouldn't be leaving the EU and why in fact the logical progression (although this is tricky) is to have a federalised European state. There is no other way to compete with China and the US (and perhaps India if they ever get their act together).

Then there is the further worry that if we go it alone and get McDonnell as chancellor, he then nationalises things at an arbitrary below market rate in bonds and much of that inward investment immediately stops.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 10:30 - May 31 with 1422 viewsNo9

As W Ross said, the UK can have the best easiest Trade Deal; on Anerica's Terms.

I think Ch4 are having a programme on Monday about the chicken
Which is the tip of the rotten iceberg
Of course not, but you know that of course on 10:32 - May 31 with 1426 viewsDyland

Brexit fans not understanding why the Trump administration, and Putin of course, love Brexit too are living in a very strange reality.

I voted Remain all things considered but am also not averse to Brexit in some shape or form. But the basic lack of understanding from the soap box fans is enervating. I've actually given up now and am turning back to a nihilistic philosophy for mental self-protection. John Gray draws a compelling conclusion at the end of 'Black Mass: Apocalyptic Religion and the Death of Utopia'. He makes hard work getting there though, as per form :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 10:32 - May 31 with 1416 viewsWeWereZombies

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 10:09 - May 31 by Guthrum

Or Qatar/Iran

Or Saudi/UAE

Not sure which one of those Turkey is in with at the moment

But we've got plenty of options, haven't we?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 10:35 - May 31 with 1411 viewsDyland

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 10:30 - May 31 by No9

As W Ross said, the UK can have the best easiest Trade Deal; on Anerica's Terms.

I think Ch4 are having a programme on Monday about the chicken
Which is the tip of the rotten iceberg

Channel 4 is a libtard bumfest propaganda machine though, so reality is irrelevant.

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 10:39 - May 31 with 1400 viewsNo9

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 10:35 - May 31 by Dyland

Channel 4 is a libtard bumfest propaganda machine though, so reality is irrelevant.

Yopu won't know until you watch it, however American foodstuffs are not very nice - unless you pay through the nose for the proper stuff
This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 10:45 - May 31 with 1391 viewsfooters

Can't wait for our lucrative trade deal with the US to be signed post-Brexit.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Aye, I know about the US "standards" when it comes to meat on 10:48 - May 31 with 1383 viewsDyland

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 10:39 - May 31 by No9

Yopu won't know until you watch it, however American foodstuffs are not very nice - unless you pay through the nose for the proper stuff

Quite impossible to produce "safe" salmonella (e.g.) free chickens in the quantities required without some intuitively dubious processes.

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 11:02 - May 31 with 1362 viewsOldsmoker

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 10:45 - May 31 by footers

And then for Trump to declare its a bad deal and slap Tariffs on us.

Aye, I know about the US "standards" when it comes to meat on 11:17 - May 31 with 1340 viewsNo9

Aye, I know about the US "standards" when it comes to meat on 10:48 - May 31 by Dyland

Quite impossible to produce "safe" salmonella (e.g.) free chickens in the quantities required without some intuitively dubious processes.

Why is it impossible?
But that is just the tip of the rotten iceberg isn't it?
This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 11:17 - May 31 with 1339 viewsfooters

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 11:02 - May 31 by Oldsmoker

And then for Trump to declare its a bad deal and slap Tariffs on us.

Bad news for our innovative jam manufacturers.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 11:23 - May 31 with 1323 viewsfactual_blue

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 10:45 - May 31 by footers

Holding your breath for that would be extremely unwise.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Aye, I know about the US "standards" when it comes to meat on 11:25 - May 31 with 1318 viewsDyland

Aye, I know about the US "standards" when it comes to meat on 11:17 - May 31 by No9

Why is it impossible?
But that is just the tip of the rotten iceberg isn't it?

Because of the insatiable demand vs price issue. Obviously it's not "impossible" if everyone was prepared to pay significantly more.

It is, no doubt.

Aye, I know about the US "standards" when it comes to meat on 11:30 - May 31 with 1306 viewsNo9

Aye, I know about the US "standards" when it comes to meat on 11:25 - May 31 by Dyland

Because of the insatiable demand vs price issue. Obviously it's not "impossible" if everyone was prepared to pay significantly more.

It is, no doubt.

It isn't just American chickens is it?
Dump the crustaceans in chlorine becuse they won't clean up the gulf
Horrible taste
JESUS WEPT!!! Why hadn't I see this? on 11:33 - May 31 with 1303 viewsunstableblue

This decsion from Trump to impose tariffs on Mexico on 10:35 - May 31 by Dyland

That guy is lying, that is true FAKE NEWS.

Absolutely outrageous. And this guy was also given airtime.

Brexit feckin stinks.

Especially as the premise is that the illegal immigrants are somehow dangerous, when in fact they are just desperate people trying to get a better life, just life Mexicans. They're not rapists or gang members!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Indeed on 11:36 - May 31 with 1295 viewsDyland

Aye, I know about the US "standards" when it comes to meat on 11:30 - May 31 by No9

Horrible taste

Only singling out the US cos we're talking about trade deals and UK/EU leverage with the Trump brigade.

Indeed on 11:39 - May 31 with 1282 viewsNo9

Indeed on 11:36 - May 31 by Dyland

Only singling out the US cos we're talking about trade deals and UK/EU leverage with the Trump brigade.

More that Wilbur Ross has made it clear, any trade deal will be done on American terms.
That should be of concern to anyone
The fact the Foreign Secretary wants the Uk to increase the defence budget & dance to the US tune is indicative of government thinking
Aye, I know about the US "standards" when it comes to meat on 11:40 - May 31 with 1282 viewsPinewoodblue

Aye, I know about the US "standards" when it comes to meat on 11:30 - May 31 by No9

Horrible taste

The trouble is, if we are ever in a position to sign a trade deal with the Us, the EU will ban imports of chicken products from the UK. Same presumably with beef and any dairy products which would be damaging to UK food exports.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

JESUS WEPT!!! Why hadn't I see this? on 11:50 - May 31 with 1271 viewsDyland

JESUS WEPT!!! Why hadn't I see this? on 11:33 - May 31 by unstableblue

That guy is lying, that is true FAKE NEWS.

Absolutely outrageous. And this guy was also given airtime.

Brexit feckin stinks.

Especially as the premise is that the illegal immigrants are somehow dangerous, when in fact they are just desperate people trying to get a better life, just life Mexicans. They're not rapists or gang members!

The head shaking stuff is Arron Banks' reaction. Basically, who cares if it's not true, hahahaha. Literally. And their official response to Ch 4 which is if we've riled the leftie elitist propagandists then we must be doing something right. It's mind boggling, whatever your political beliefs.

Aye, I know about the US "standards" when it comes to meat on 12:07 - May 31 with 1247 viewsSteve_M

Aye, I know about the US "standards" when it comes to meat on 11:40 - May 31 by Pinewoodblue

The trouble is, if we are ever in a position to sign a trade deal with the Us, the EU will ban imports of chicken products from the UK. Same presumably with beef and any dairy products which would be damaging to UK food exports.

And the only trade deal this US administration would sign would be damaging to UK food production. I'm not sure why we would want chlorinated chicken here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024