Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Police Interceptors last night 18:56 - Jun 4 with 1265 viewsPendejo

Some fella, "borrowed" his brother in law's car [also known as taking without owner's consent], his driving attracted the attention of the cops, "failed to stop" then after losing them lost it finishing "parked" wheels over a crash barrier at a set of lights. £37k Audi was a write off.
He got a fine of £69.00 [there were other punishments but this was the fine]

I got fined £100 [fixed penalty] for a minor breach of the speed limit on the A13?

Please don't think this is me moaning about my fine, temporary lapse of judgement, my fault, i was simply stunned that his fine was so low.

On the subject of these TV programmes.

Does anyone else think the sentences handed out in general are so low as to effectively be recruiting chavs for crime as there seems little or no jeopardy for the offences committed.

On one there was a white transit with tyres so bad the threads were showing, no tax [back when we still used discs] and something else that I can't remember. At the end of the programme the narrator says something to the order of "the charges were dropped due to the lack of evidence"... it was recorded on a TV programme FFS, shown on national TV. Lack of evidence my ass.

On others where it says "investigations are ongoing" I wonder if that really means, they're getting a deal for information.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 19:17]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Police Interceptors last night on 18:57 - Jun 4 with 1237 viewsSpruceMoose

What were the other punishments? I think we have to take them as a whole.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Police Interceptors last night on 19:12 - Jun 4 with 1194 viewsLeoMuff

Smaller fine than I got for doing 33 in a 20 zone...

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Police Interceptors last night on 19:16 - Jun 4 with 1177 viewsBasuco

8 or 9 years ago a guy at work got caught doing either 105 or 108 in a 70 limit, he ended up with a £90 fine and 3 points. We couldn't believe he did not get a ban, but a previously clean licence helped him out a bit.
Police Interceptors last night on 19:16 - Jun 4 with 1166 viewsPendejo

Police Interceptors last night on 18:57 - Jun 4 by SpruceMoose

Can't remember the other punishments in full but I think they included community service, banned from driving. But surely no insurance is minimum £100?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Police Interceptors last night on 19:24 - Jun 4 with 1138 viewsronnyd

Police Interceptors last night on 19:16 - Jun 4 by Pendejo

Can't remember the other punishments in full but I think they included community service, banned from driving. But surely no insurance is minimum £100?

My missus gets really riled when she hears the "punishments" handed down to these scrotes.
Police Interceptors last night on 19:26 - Jun 4 with 1140 viewsjontysnut

Police Interceptors last night on 18:57 - Jun 4 by SpruceMoose

He was banned and got some community service I think but most of the time they don't have a licence or insurance anyway or are already banned so what's the point? I don't have an answer though people just don't give a fck.
Police Interceptors last night on 19:36 - Jun 4 with 1105 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Police Interceptors last night on 19:26 - Jun 4 by jontysnut

He was banned and got some community service I think but most of the time they don't have a licence or insurance anyway or are already banned so what's the point? I don't have an answer though people just don't give a fck.

Have definitely seen episodes of this where people have been caught driving without a licence and then received a ban - because that will obviously be a deterrent 🙄

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Police Interceptors last night on 07:57 - Jun 5 with 858 viewsallezlesbleus

I agree entirely.

The whole system is completely fecked. I've seen a few of these programmes and the police generally know the scum who has stolen someone's car to go "joy riding" in. That piece of scum normally hasn't had a licence (often under age), is regularly under the influence of drink or drugs and is driving like a complete twaat. The police eventually track them down and it goes something along the lines of "Hello Johnny, not you again.....it's only 2 weeks since we last stopped you". "Johnny" gets a ticking off, maybe a measly fine and get's let out to do it all again when he's bored.

It costs a fortune in policing and court costs, someone has had their car stolen (possibly damaged or written off) and potentially several people could have been seriously injured or killed.

Meanwhile, if an average person or small business owner pays their income tax, council tax, VAT etc a few days late, they get treated like a career criminal.
Login to get fewer ads

Police Interceptors last night on 08:11 - Jun 5 with 834 viewsbluelagos

Police Interceptors last night on 19:16 - Jun 4 by Basuco

8 or 9 years ago a guy at work got caught doing either 105 or 108 in a 70 limit, he ended up with a £90 fine and 3 points. We couldn't believe he did not get a ban, but a previously clean licence helped him out a bit.

Usually 30 mpg over a limit results in a ban so your colleague got very lucky on that one. May have pleaded that his job was at risk?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024