Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chinese 22:12 - Jun 9 with 7384 viewsleftback

My standard order from the local Chinese has gone up from £17 to £21, outrageous!
Chinese on 22:24 - Jun 9 with 3183 viewsSuperblue95

Okay

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Chinese on 22:26 - Jun 9 with 3173 viewsclive_baker

What do you order?

I've not had Chinese takeaway for yonks, I'm partial to a shredded chilli beef and sweet & sour battered chicken balls but I always feel dreadful after eating it, so tend to avoid.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Chinese on 22:30 - Jun 9 with 3157 viewsJ2BLUE

Chinese on 22:26 - Jun 9 by clive_baker

What do you order?

I've not had Chinese takeaway for yonks, I'm partial to a shredded chilli beef and sweet & sour battered chicken balls but I always feel dreadful after eating it, so tend to avoid.

They are my two favourites. Sometimes I get a real craving for sweet and sour chicken balls then it arrives and i've had enough after a couple of them. The sauce is usually too sweet and the chicken balls too greasy.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Chinese on 22:42 - Jun 9 with 3114 viewsclive_baker

Chinese on 22:30 - Jun 9 by J2BLUE

They are my two favourites. Sometimes I get a real craving for sweet and sour chicken balls then it arrives and i've had enough after a couple of them. The sauce is usually too sweet and the chicken balls too greasy.

Coming from a culinary trailblazer like yourself J that means a lot.

If I were to add a 3rd I quite like a little beef in blackbean. I'm not too adventurous with my Chinese. Few prawn crackers and some rice, lovely. Like duck too and prawn toast but wouldn't tend to bother ordering them typically. Ooh and ribs, although they can be really hit & miss, had an awful experience with them last time, essentially got a box of bones in a BBQ sauce.

Chinese on 22:50 - Jun 9 with 3088 viewsjeera

Cook your own.

Not just for the reason of money, but because it'll be a damn sight better than the rubbish some of those places churn out.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Chinese on 22:51 - Jun 9 with 3080 viewsBLUEBEAT

What do you order?

Chinese food for non-Chinese.

Poll: W or W

Chinese on 22:57 - Jun 9 with 3055 viewsclive_baker

Chinese on 22:51 - Jun 9 by BLUEBEAT

Chinese food for non-Chinese.

I'm the sort of heathen that orders chips from a Chinese. I'm unashamedly an absolute wrong un when it comes to 'Chinese' food.

Chinese on 23:00 - Jun 9 with 3042 viewsBLUEBEAT

Chinese on 22:57 - Jun 9 by clive_baker

I'm the sort of heathen that orders chips from a Chinese. I'm unashamedly an absolute wrong un when it comes to 'Chinese' food.

The majority of people in this country are, me included of course.

Having been to China a few times over the last 2 decades, I would say the most authentically tasting Chinese food you can get in the UK is actually in Thai restaurants!

Poll: W or W

Login to get fewer ads

Chinese on 23:01 - Jun 9 with 3037 viewsjeera

I like that honesty in a way though.

I've been a bit of a snob when it comes to some food things, but at the end of the day, if you like something then it shouldn't really matter.

But as you and J2 say, it's not exactly the way to healthy eating and you shouldn't really be feeling ill after eating half of your dinner.

Chinese on 23:20 - Jun 9 with 2975 viewsJ2BLUE

I once posted that I ordered pizza and chips on here. Poor Lucan, i'm not sure he ever got over it.

I would order a side order of chips with chips to be honest. The chilli salt ones from King's Garden are good.

Truly impaired.

Chinese on 23:22 - Jun 9 with 2962 viewsjeera

Chinese on 23:20 - Jun 9 by J2BLUE

I once posted that I ordered pizza and chips on here. Poor Lucan, i'm not sure he ever got over it.

I would order a side order of chips with chips to be honest. The chilli salt ones from King's Garden are good.

To be fair didn't Lucan have a banana as a side with pizza?

The photo evidence was pretty clear.

I'm not certain your choice of takeaways are exactly life-lengthening mate.

Chinese on 23:43 - Jun 9 with 2923 viewsChurchman

Chips are great with most things - curry, chilli and with a kebab (the elephants leg) they are a must.
Chinese on 23:45 - Jun 9 with 2916 viewsSpruceMoose

Pizza and chips?!

Lol

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Chinese on 00:01 - Jun 10 with 2894 viewswkj

Chinese on 23:45 - Jun 9 by SpruceMoose

Pizza and chips?!

Lol

The lunch of champions in high school, the real effing travesty is lagasgna and chips... Why those things together- it's absurd caloric intake for one meal

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Chinese on 00:10 - Jun 10 with 2875 viewswkj

What do you order?

On the subject of Chinese takeaway I love all the boring classics such as crispy beef, curry, etc- but have really gotten in to beef in satay sauce lately, especially if it's coming with brocoli.

Also, if your Chinese t.a. Does Thai, look out for panang. Its a bit spicy but gorgeous, the Chinese near ravenswood does a great tribute to a panang

Crybaby

Chinese on 00:11 - Jun 10 with 2867 viewsJ2BLUE

Chinese on 23:45 - Jun 9 by SpruceMoose

Pizza and chips?!

Lol

I never said I was attempting to order a healthy balanced meal.

Truly impaired.

Chinese on 00:13 - Jun 10 with 2863 viewswkj

Chinese on 00:11 - Jun 10 by J2BLUE

I never said I was attempting to order a healthy balanced meal.

But you achieved that with pizza and chip I can vouch. Tomato, herbs, bit of garlic? 3 of your 5 a day in the sauce alone I say

Crybaby

Chinese on 00:14 - Jun 10 with 2865 viewsSpruceMoose

Chinese on 00:01 - Jun 10 by wkj

The lunch of champions in high school, the real effing travesty is lagasgna and chips... Why those things together- it's absurd caloric intake for one meal

I'm going to say it. I'll take pelters for it but I'm saying it anyway.

Non chipshop chips are man baby food. Any Brit eating oven chips is a disgrace to the real patriots who have gone before.

Oven chips? Get out. Curly Fries? I'll slap that sh1t out of your mouth son. Microwave fooking chips? Get in the fooking sea.

No wonder the UK has grown fat and gluttonous, unthinkingly voting for Brexit, rendering the UK the great goon of the European family. It's chips that have done it. Meanwhile the rest of Europe looks on, laughing at us in between delicious mouthfuls of Coq Au Vin and Gravlax.

Combining this monstrosity with the real food lovingly crafted by our Euro siblings is the real cause of the British downfall.

I await the inevitable backlash from you chip munching broom pushers.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Chinese on 00:15 - Jun 10 with 2853 viewsJ2BLUE

Chinese on 00:13 - Jun 10 by wkj

But you achieved that with pizza and chip I can vouch. Tomato, herbs, bit of garlic? 3 of your 5 a day in the sauce alone I say

I got you all wrong, you're great.

Truly impaired.

Chinese on 00:16 - Jun 10 with 2854 viewswkj

Chinese on 00:14 - Jun 10 by SpruceMoose

I'm going to say it. I'll take pelters for it but I'm saying it anyway.

Non chipshop chips are man baby food. Any Brit eating oven chips is a disgrace to the real patriots who have gone before.

Oven chips? Get out. Curly Fries? I'll slap that sh1t out of your mouth son. Microwave fooking chips? Get in the fooking sea.

No wonder the UK has grown fat and gluttonous, unthinkingly voting for Brexit, rendering the UK the great goon of the European family. It's chips that have done it. Meanwhile the rest of Europe looks on, laughing at us in between delicious mouthfuls of Coq Au Vin and Gravlax.

Combining this monstrosity with the real food lovingly crafted by our Euro siblings is the real cause of the British downfall.

I await the inevitable backlash from you chip munching broom pushers.

I don't really eat any chips now as I'm sure all well know by now but I will add that high-school chips in the 90s were in an elite group along with those from the chippy. Oven chips are a waste of calories I agree

Edit: as for the EU- search up chips in Amsterdam, some amazing street chip combos... Oh, and mayo on chips? That didn't start in blighty you know
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 0:18]

Crybaby

Chinese on 00:19 - Jun 10 with 2842 viewswkj

Chinese on 00:15 - Jun 10 by J2BLUE

I got you all wrong, you're great.

I was going to mention the wheat being plant based but didn't want to go in with an 11 when 8 was enough.

Crybaby

Chinese on 00:20 - Jun 10 with 2843 viewsSpruceMoose

Chinese on 00:16 - Jun 10 by wkj

I don't really eat any chips now as I'm sure all well know by now but I will add that high-school chips in the 90s were in an elite group along with those from the chippy. Oven chips are a waste of calories I agree

Edit: as for the EU- search up chips in Amsterdam, some amazing street chip combos... Oh, and mayo on chips? That didn't start in blighty you know
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 0:18]

And just like that, a woman destroys months of hard earned credibility.

You're celebrating 'Chips' slapped on a plate, lukewarm and limp, by some middle aged battleaxe of a dinner lady? That truly is some Jaytwosian level culinary nonsense.

Chinese on 00:23 - Jun 10 with 2837 viewswkj

Chinese on 00:20 - Jun 10 by SpruceMoose

And just like that, a woman destroys months of hard earned credibility.

You're celebrating 'Chips' slapped on a plate, lukewarm and limp, by some middle aged battleaxe of a dinner lady? That truly is some Jaytwosian level culinary nonsense.

Was you actually permanently stoned during high-school? Our cafeteria was not at all like that! Not that you'd know as you didn't get hot dinners, just a sh*t sandwich, recycled bottle with red water as an attempt at squash and a satsuma, I didn't stop nicking your lunch because I liked you... Don't be fooled of that

Crybaby

Chinese on 00:25 - Jun 10 with 2833 viewsSpruceMoose

Chinese on 00:23 - Jun 10 by wkj

Was you actually permanently stoned during high-school? Our cafeteria was not at all like that! Not that you'd know as you didn't get hot dinners, just a sh*t sandwich, recycled bottle with red water as an attempt at squash and a satsuma, I didn't stop nicking your lunch because I liked you... Don't be fooled of that

I'm sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of all the teams fats pouring out of your pores, Becky.

Chinese on 00:26 - Jun 10 with 2831 viewswkj

Chinese on 00:25 - Jun 10 by SpruceMoose

I'm sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of all the teams fats pouring out of your pores, Becky.

All because I nicked your minty biscuit you were given for your birthday. Grudge much?

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024