Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something really needs to be done about this but what? 10:37 - Jun 19 with 10107 viewsStokieBlue

The fake news is winning and it’s going to become a serious problem over the next decade if nothing is done:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jun/19/survey-shows-crisis-of-confidenc

“A global survey of attitudes towards science has revealed the scale of the crisis of confidence in vaccines in Europe, showing that only 59% of people in western Europe and 50% in the east think vaccines are safe, compared with 79% worldwide.”

79% is bad enough but only 59% in Europe (less in Eastern Europe) is truly shocking. Conversely 95% of people in South Asia think vaccines are safe and effective.

It’s also interesting to see the difference between places where diseases run rife and cause misery and the rich Western nations which have benefitted from the longer term effects of vacinations and no longer see the impact of these diseases.

Out of sight, out of mind:

“In developing countries, where deadly diseases like diphtheria, measles or whooping cough are more common, I’ve seen mothers queue for hours to make sure their child is vaccinated,” said Seth Berkley, the chief executive of Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance. “It is in wealthier countries, where we no longer see the terrible impact these preventable diseases can have, that people are more reticent. This reticence is a luxury we can ill afford.”

He’s hit the nail on the head there.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Something really needs to be done about this but what? on 14:41 - Jun 24 with 307 viewsHerbivore

Something really needs to be done about this but what? on 23:53 - Jun 21 by The_Last_Baron

The broadcast media in the UK and USA have been shown up for what they are by Brexit and Trump. Political activists (left wing/liberal) would be a better description for many of them (but not all).

The amount of propaganda going on is insane. The public have woken up to it and don't believe a word they say. The BBC banging on about climate change every day is lunacy. Now they've got it in for Boris after championing the freaky Rory Stewart, a man so far away from having any Conservative attributes that he was a perfect fit for the Beeb.

Shame Raab didn't make it through. Can you imagine the BBC if Farage got elected PM?

My word. You really do talk unmitigated boll0cks.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Something really needs to be done about this but what? on 14:47 - Jun 24 with 304 viewsStokieBlue

Something really needs to be done about this but what? on 23:53 - Jun 21 by The_Last_Baron

The broadcast media in the UK and USA have been shown up for what they are by Brexit and Trump. Political activists (left wing/liberal) would be a better description for many of them (but not all).

The amount of propaganda going on is insane. The public have woken up to it and don't believe a word they say. The BBC banging on about climate change every day is lunacy. Now they've got it in for Boris after championing the freaky Rory Stewart, a man so far away from having any Conservative attributes that he was a perfect fit for the Beeb.

Shame Raab didn't make it through. Can you imagine the BBC if Farage got elected PM?

"The BBC banging on about climate change every day is lunacy."

Only a total idiot without any understanding of science would declare that lunacy. I guess given that we can pretty much disregard anything else you say.

"Now they've got it in for Boris after championing the freaky Rory Stewart"

And there is the extra point. Focusing on someones appearance rather than their content. You've nailed the full house.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Something really needs to be done about this but what? on 14:56 - Jun 24 with 292 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm so thankful that I was brought up in an environment where I had access to clever, reasonable, kind people who encouraged me to develop my intellect through critical explorations in a wide variety of topics.

Clearly you had none of those things judging by that post.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024