Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've known people to do this on busses and trains... 16:24 - Jun 23 with 1638 viewsPendejo

Usually they get woken up somewhere to find they've got to buy another ticket to get home... but a plane

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/woman-who-fell-asleep-on-shorthaul-flight-

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I've known people to do this on busses and trains... on 16:43 - Jun 23 with 1583 viewswkj

I fell asleep on the last train to stowmarket a few years back. Waking up to see carrow Road out of the window is never fun, but in that occasion it was extremely horrible.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I've known people to do this on busses and trains... on 19:40 - Jun 23 with 1473 viewsfactual_blue

I've known people to do this on busses and trains... on 16:43 - Jun 23 by wkj

I fell asleep on the last train to stowmarket a few years back. Waking up to see carrow Road out of the window is never fun, but in that occasion it was extremely horrible.

One train manager (or whatever they're called) on one of the late trains back from Liverpool Street would announce on approaching Ipswich 'if you are near a sleeping passenger, please wake them up and tell them where we are. If they remain on the train after that, they'll be sleeping in the depot'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I've known people to do this on busses and trains... on 19:51 - Jun 23 with 1450 viewsWeWereZombies

Ah, Air Canada - all too believable.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I've known people to do this on busses and trains... on 20:05 - Jun 23 with 1431 viewsRozz

A female friend of mine woke up in a toilet cubicle of a completely deserted & locked up nightclub in Nottingham not so long ago. She had to exit through fire doors in the morning, triggering the alarms.

While a good story for the pub, it really is negligent in the extreme for staff not to check the obvious places before locking up, especially considering the additional vulnerability factor of a female toilet in a student nightclub.
I've known people to do this on busses and trains... on 21:54 - Jun 23 with 1313 viewsPinewoodblue

I've known people to do this on busses and trains... on 20:05 - Jun 23 by Rozz

A female friend of mine woke up in a toilet cubicle of a completely deserted & locked up nightclub in Nottingham not so long ago. She had to exit through fire doors in the morning, triggering the alarms.

While a good story for the pub, it really is negligent in the extreme for staff not to check the obvious places before locking up, especially considering the additional vulnerability factor of a female toilet in a student nightclub.

Knew a guy who fell asleep in the toilets on a cross channel ferry and woke up back in France

It was a pub trip, two coaches, and everyone assumed he was on the other coach.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I've known people to do this on busses and trains... on 09:13 - Jun 24 with 1155 viewsITFC_Forever

I've got form for doing this....

More than once I have had a few post-meeting drinks in London, got on the train and missed Ipswich, and had to get off at Stowmarket and get the next train back (thankfully it wasn't the last train).
Guard has asked for ticket from Stowmarket, I explained the situation and he laughed and let me off - said people do it all the time.

Also managed to do it on the bus - last bus back from Ipswich to Gt Blakenham, chatted to my mate as far as Claydon where he got off and I managed to fall asleep between Claydon and Gt Blakenham, missed my stop and woke up as the bus was completing its circuit of the new housing estate on the outskirts of Stowmarket. Had to get off the bus at Stowmarket station and get a taxi back to Gt Blakenham.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I've known people to do this on busses and trains... on 09:20 - Jun 24 with 1135 viewsPinewoodblue

I've known people to do this on busses and trains... on 09:13 - Jun 24 by ITFC_Forever

I've got form for doing this....

More than once I have had a few post-meeting drinks in London, got on the train and missed Ipswich, and had to get off at Stowmarket and get the next train back (thankfully it wasn't the last train).
Guard has asked for ticket from Stowmarket, I explained the situation and he laughed and let me off - said people do it all the time.

Also managed to do it on the bus - last bus back from Ipswich to Gt Blakenham, chatted to my mate as far as Claydon where he got off and I managed to fall asleep between Claydon and Gt Blakenham, missed my stop and woke up as the bus was completing its circuit of the new housing estate on the outskirts of Stowmarket. Had to get off the bus at Stowmarket station and get a taxi back to Gt Blakenham.

Don't most last buses from Town return to Ipswich. Should have spoken to driver.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I've known people to do this on busses and trains... on 09:23 - Jun 24 with 1126 viewsITFC_Forever

I've known people to do this on busses and trains... on 09:20 - Jun 24 by Pinewoodblue

Don't most last buses from Town return to Ipswich. Should have spoken to driver.

Quite possibly.

But in my confusion and embarrassment, (not to mention slight drunkenness), I didn't think about that!

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

I've known people to do this on busses and trains... on 14:16 - Jun 24 with 1036 viewshoppy

I've known people to do this on busses and trains... on 19:40 - Jun 23 by factual_blue

One train manager (or whatever they're called) on one of the late trains back from Liverpool Street would announce on approaching Ipswich 'if you are near a sleeping passenger, please wake them up and tell them where we are. If they remain on the train after that, they'll be sleeping in the depot'.

"...they'll be sleeping in the depot"

Strange way to spell 'shîthole'...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024