Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At what point do we start to panic? 19:04 - Jul 18 with 20492 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Because the season starts in 16 days and we currently have 0 first team CBs for the Burton game and 1 striker.

EVANS OUT

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:52 - Jul 30 with 596 viewsSwansea_Blue

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:23 - Jul 30 by The_Romford_Blue

But we don’t even have enough CBSs for the first match!

It’s incredible.

We can’t buy for 1 game. If we get multiple injuries/suspensions after the window closed, we’d have to manage, by someone filling in or even using a development play if necessary. It’ll be the same approach here (should be anyway). Far from ideal, but sensible.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:54 - Jul 30 with 591 viewsjudespiveyg

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:28 - Jul 30 by The_Romford_Blue

Donacien as a CB.. maybe in a 5 at the back. But not 4-4-2.

Skuse at CB Zia terrifying.

No idea on Chambers tbh

Wolf and Ndaba against Burton. No team needs four first team centre halves. Two (Chambers and Toto) plus kids for back up (Wolf and Ndaba) seems enough to me.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

At what point do we start to panic? on 22:52 - Jul 30 with 530 viewsVaughan8

I think people need to remember we can get loans until 2nd September.

I'm definitely thinking a striker is being lined up as we have been linked with 2.

A CB maybe be needed but I don't think we will in time for Burton. Clearly not that impressed with the trialist, or we can agree a good deal with them.
At what point do we start to panic? on 08:25 - Jul 31 with 409 viewsitfcjoe

At what point do we start to panic? on 21:52 - Jul 30 by Swansea_Blue

We can’t buy for 1 game. If we get multiple injuries/suspensions after the window closed, we’d have to manage, by someone filling in or even using a development play if necessary. It’ll be the same approach here (should be anyway). Far from ideal, but sensible.

It's not 1 game though is it - the centre backs were billed as Chambers, Nsiala, Woolfenden and Ndaba

Chambers - suspended 1st game
Nsiala - Injured until at leas start of September
Woolfie - Looking good
Ndaba - Clearly not seen as ready from pre season minutes.

If we were planning on Woolfie and Ndaba for game 1, or Woolfie and Skuse, or Woolfie and Donacien we would have seen it for at least 45 minutes in friendlies - instead we have persisted with 2 trialists.

The fact we haven't signed these trialists yet is presumably because we are trying to sign someone else, but it's now 3 days to go - how late do we leave it because I am almost certain that Lambert doesn't want someone currently on the books to be playing alongside Woolfie on Saturday

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024