Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up 11:44 - Jul 19 with 3471 viewsBlackboots

All against fourth division teams.Presumably one of the main reasons for choosing them as opposition is that Lambert and those involved in the decision viewed them as challenging but winnable.

After the awful season we’ve just had and the poor end to 17/18 the club (supporters as well as players and staff) need to be reminded what it’s like to win a few consecutive games and get some momentum. That needs to start tonight.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 11:47 - Jul 19 with 2411 viewsartsbossbeard

Is the plan to play the planned starting XI v Burton and not give any of the kids any pitch time then?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 11:49 - Jul 19 with 2393 viewsfooters

*waits for Badger*

#BrayForTadger2019

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 11:51 - Jul 19 with 2372 viewsTractorCam

Notts County are 5th tier now!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 11:55 - Jul 19 with 2348 viewsBlackboots

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 11:47 - Jul 19 by artsbossbeard

Is the plan to play the planned starting XI v Burton and not give any of the kids any pitch time then?

I’d expect Lambert to give his first team squad the vast majority of the playing time over these 3 games. Surely by this stage of pre-season it should be about fine tuning and preparing for the first games rather than giving experience to kids who won’t play a big part in the season.

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 11:56 - Jul 19 with 2339 viewsBlackboots

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 11:51 - Jul 19 by TractorCam

I’d forgotten that, it feels wrong a club of their stature not being in the football league.

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 11:57 - Jul 19 with 2338 viewsartsbossbeard

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 11:55 - Jul 19 by Blackboots

I’d expect Lambert to give his first team squad the vast majority of the playing time over these 3 games. Surely by this stage of pre-season it should be about fine tuning and preparing for the first games rather than giving experience to kids who won’t play a big part in the season.

You tell me, Jose.

I do think that putting any emphasis on results over performance at this stage is madness. Why does anyone care?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 11:57 - Jul 19 with 2330 viewsfactual_blue

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 11:49 - Jul 19 by footers

*waits for Badger*

#BrayForTadger2019

101 points and 101 goals.

Badger is a pessimist.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:00 - Jul 19 with 2315 viewsfooters

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 11:57 - Jul 19 by factual_blue

101 points and 101 goals.

Badger is a pessimist.

I'm an optimist. Oh by the way, your new reading glasses will be ready for collection next Wednesday.

Login to get fewer ads

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:02 - Jul 19 with 2293 viewsBlackboots

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 11:57 - Jul 19 by artsbossbeard

You tell me, Jose.

I do think that putting any emphasis on results over performance at this stage is madness. Why does anyone care?

If we perform well in those 3 games we will get positive results in at least 2 of them. I don’t usually place much, if any, importance on pre-season results but after the diabolical season we’ve just experienced we need to get some momentum and a winning mentality back. Do you really think that if we lose them the players will have the belief they need to get a decent result at Burton?

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:10 - Jul 19 with 2255 viewsartsbossbeard

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:02 - Jul 19 by Blackboots

If we perform well in those 3 games we will get positive results in at least 2 of them. I don’t usually place much, if any, importance on pre-season results but after the diabolical season we’ve just experienced we need to get some momentum and a winning mentality back. Do you really think that if we lose them the players will have the belief they need to get a decent result at Burton?

All depends on how PL sells these matches to the squad, but agreed, if we play well, there's every chance of a positive result to come.

Although, If it's a case of trying something new/match fitness/getting players used to each other then the results don't matter at all.

The Cambridge game should, I'd suspect, be the one to watch should you want an indication of the Burton starting XI intentions.

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:16 - Jul 19 with 2226 viewsBlueBadger

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 11:49 - Jul 19 by footers

*waits for Badger*

#BrayForTadger2019

If we get wins in those we'll be facing a serious bid from Man City for Lambo's services. And then we'll be really pressed and might have to settle for only 132 points and 402 goals.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:21 - Jul 19 with 2195 viewsfooters

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:16 - Jul 19 by BlueBadger

If we get wins in those we'll be facing a serious bid from Man City for Lambo's services. And then we'll be really pressed and might have to settle for only 132 points and 402 goals.

Swap deal for Pep?

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:24 - Jul 19 with 2173 viewsBlackboots

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:10 - Jul 19 by artsbossbeard

All depends on how PL sells these matches to the squad, but agreed, if we play well, there's every chance of a positive result to come.

Although, If it's a case of trying something new/match fitness/getting players used to each other then the results don't matter at all.

The Cambridge game should, I'd suspect, be the one to watch should you want an indication of the Burton starting XI intentions.

Lambert has had plenty of time to get this right. We were down from early last year and so he didn’t have the pressure to win that most managers and teams have. He’s effectively had a 6 month pre-season so I’m hoping and expecting that the players have a very good idea as to what’s expected, how he wants them to play and so on. If he’s waiting until this stage to make fundamental changes to personnel or style then we’re in trouble.

I agree that it’s how we perform in the game next Saturday that will have more bearing on the mindset going into the first game than how we do tonight or against Notts County but all 3 matter in terms of building up to our first league game.

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:25 - Jul 19 with 2159 viewsBlueBadger

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:21 - Jul 19 by footers

Swap deal for Pep?

I don't think he has the necessary gravitas or medals to handle the likes of Toto, who is Proven In League One.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:25 - Jul 19 with 2158 viewsSuperblue95

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:21 - Jul 19 by footers

Swap deal for Pep?

Hopefully not, he’s unproven at this level

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:27 - Jul 19 with 2149 viewsAlan_Essex

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:16 - Jul 19 by BlueBadger

He's already got us up to 10th without kicking a ball...

BardfieldBlue
Poll: VAR - or no VAR in League One

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:34 - Jul 19 with 2124 viewsHerbivore

When you start talking about preseason games in 'must win' terms you should probably go and have a lay down.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:38 - Jul 19 with 2102 viewsBlackboots

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:34 - Jul 19 by Herbivore

When you start talking about preseason games in 'must win' terms you should probably go and have a lay down.

I agree but that’s not what I said

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:40 - Jul 19 with 2093 viewsBlueBadger

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:34 - Jul 19 by Herbivore

.although getting the idea of 'winning' into the heads of the players as a concept might be a nice thing to do, before the start of the season.

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:47 - Jul 19 with 2064 viewsBlueBadger

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:27 - Jul 19 by Alan_Essex

He's already got us up to 10th without kicking a ball...

Rubbish. Why aren't we top?

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:49 - Jul 19 with 2050 viewsHerbivore

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:38 - Jul 19 by Blackboots

I agree but that’s not what I said

"We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up"

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:50 - Jul 19 with 2049 viewschristiand

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 11:51 - Jul 19 by TractorCam

We're 3rd tier now!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:57 - Jul 19 with 2022 viewsTractorCam

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:50 - Jul 19 by christiand

We're 3rd tier now!

Yes, I think we're all aware of that one...

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:58 - Jul 19 with 2021 viewsBlackboots

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:49 - Jul 19 by Herbivore

"We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up"

I think we do but that’s not the same as saying they are “ must win” games. Put another way if we put in three poor or at best average performances and lose them, it will set the tone for the season.

Like most supporters I’m fed up of us being beaten week after week. I’ve had enough of listening to Lambert spouting on about how well we played, how we deserved more etc. It’s time to start seeing the evidence because so far I’ve not seen anything to suggest that we are better on the pitch now than we were when he came in. I want him to succeed, I want us to do well, I don’t like knocking the team and want to start believing we can have a good season. At the moment, I’m not convinced.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 12:59]

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:58 - Jul 19 with 2015 viewschristiand

We need good performances and results in the 3 friendlies coming up on 12:57 - Jul 19 by TractorCam

Yes, I think we're all aware of that one...

I'm not so sure judging from some of the comments on here over the summer.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 12:59]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024