Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That cabinet isnt going to govern for long 20:18 - Jul 24 with 7754 viewsgordon

Will lose a no confidence vote in September, replaced with a centrist cross-party government of national unity led by Starmer etc. who will facilitate a second referendum. Can't really see any other outcome now, given Boris and the EU aren't going back down from their respective positions, and there have got to be enough tories would happily bring that lot down to stop no deal. If Corbyn was a credible leader they would think twice about it, but the threat of a Corbyn government is too small to stop them.
That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 19:37 - Jul 26 with 584 viewsGlasgowBlue

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 19:31 - Jul 26 by DanTheMan

Didn't remember the ad quite right, got a bit mixed up between two of them. From the mind of Dominic Cummings...

That said the point is roughly the same. Look at the sick kid! It's crying! It's going to maybe die if you vote for AV!

Same with the soldier. It's a dumb argument that can be made about literally anything but it works.

Right. Yeah now I remember.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 19:58 - Jul 26 with 566 viewsDarth_Koont

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 19:31 - Jul 26 by DanTheMan

Didn't remember the ad quite right, got a bit mixed up between two of them. From the mind of Dominic Cummings...

That said the point is roughly the same. Look at the sick kid! It's crying! It's going to maybe die if you vote for AV!

Same with the soldier. It's a dumb argument that can be made about literally anything but it works.

This is the main problem with Cummings and also what we should be thinking about.

Cummings is a genius because he understands that politics is about problems. Identify those and you can pitch any solution, however irrelevant, to the electorate. It's the manipulation of that reality for narrow and unconnected results that is the worry and where I completely disagree with him.

But our major parties could really take a leaf out of that book and take it to the right level. Identify and focus on the problems and lift them into the debate as problems. Then talk about real solutions.

I'd argue that the big changes in our politics over the past decade come from the people who really recognise the problems. From the SNP 10 years ago, the LibDems over Brexit and Labour talking about a fairer society to Farage and the anti-EU Leave campaign and lately the Brexit Party. These major shifts have always occurred when people have addressed the problems in the UK.

Pronouns: He/Him

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 10:50 - Jul 27 with 504 viewsbluejacko

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 21:58 - Jul 24 by HARRY10

At the moment Mr Piffle waffle is almost totally dependent on the bigots in NI, hence his visiting a month or so back.

He does not have a majority in the house as far as brexit goes as so will be unable to force through a no deal, and with his dependence on the DUP change any of the back stop agreement either.

As to a no confidence vote why would the pro remain MPs back that. They have Johnson just where they want and such is his unprincipled vanity that he will agree to anything to keep himm in 'power'. Remember it needs 2/3rds of MPs to vote for an election, it is not Johnson's choice.

I expect another extension will be granted on the UK agreeing to a decisive act. Which would have to be a referendum. And given how the polling is going that would be fairly decisive in Remain favour.

The Brexit company will simply wither away as did the BNP before them. the UK voters will want to embrace the future not cling to the past.

Really? Bigots in NI meaning the DUP as opposed to SF the political wing of the IRA a terrorist organisation!
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 10:56]
That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 10:58 - Jul 27 with 494 viewsHerbivore

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 10:50 - Jul 27 by bluejacko

Really? Bigots in NI meaning the DUP as opposed to SF the political wing of the IRA a terrorist organisation!

The DUP are bigots, I'm not sure what you're getting in a flap about.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 11:06 - Jul 27 with 484 viewsGlasgowBlue

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 10:50 - Jul 27 by bluejacko

There are bigots on both sides of the divide in NI.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 11:24 - Jul 27 with 466 viewsgordon

To update my OP, it seems pretty obvious that the plan is for Boris to set us on course towards no deal, knowing that this will trigger a no confidence vote and (he hopes) a general election.

Boris will campaign on the grounds that Corbyn (et al.) have delayed Brexit, frustrated the will of the people, and given the country a General Election when that's the last thing we need.

He'll be the man fighting for the Brexit the people desperately need, then hope to win a majority that gives him a mandate to govern for the next five years. He wants/needs a general election but knows he can't be seen to be pushing for it himself because that would be seen as self-indulgent etc.
That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 12:07 - Jul 27 with 451 viewsHerbivore

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 11:24 - Jul 27 by gordon

To update my OP, it seems pretty obvious that the plan is for Boris to set us on course towards no deal, knowing that this will trigger a no confidence vote and (he hopes) a general election.

Boris will campaign on the grounds that Corbyn (et al.) have delayed Brexit, frustrated the will of the people, and given the country a General Election when that's the last thing we need.

He'll be the man fighting for the Brexit the people desperately need, then hope to win a majority that gives him a mandate to govern for the next five years. He wants/needs a general election but knows he can't be seen to be pushing for it himself because that would be seen as self-indulgent etc.

I would laugh my tits off if Labour refused to back a no confidence vote and forced Boris to try and deliver Brexit with the existing parliament.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024