Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... 12:27 - Jul 29 with 2883 viewsSomethingBlue

Bart/Elliott is an important move for improving the balance of our squad. We need Bart to go; we can't carry him and Holy. And we do need a sh6thouse option up top, much as that might upset the purists. We're not going to get a 20-goal one but I'd fancy Elliott to chip in with a few and hopefully create space for others. It's not a world-beating deal but for this season it's fine and solves a couple of specific problems.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 14:36 - Jul 29 with 500 viewsJakeITFC

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:38 - Jul 29 by Dubtractor

What's bizarre, is that our utterly shambolic relegation was met with all round indifference, when we probably should have been raging.

Sign a couple of loan players and it's all panic/blame/disgrace.

I think that is exactly the problem.

Getting relegated had to be a wake-up call for the entire club, top to bottom, to do things differently (and quickly). Instead we’ve just ended up doing the same old things, leaving gaping holes in the squad that need to be plugged with loan players.

In isolation, none of the deals are bad and they have justifications, but that has always been the case. It’s more the overarching theme of piss poor planning that irks.
that's better on 14:39 - Jul 29 with 492 viewschicoazul

that's better on 14:35 - Jul 29 by Dyland

nftysc

XOXO

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 15:55 - Jul 29 with 433 viewsTractorJack

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:58 - Jul 29 by Wacko

Murphy scored 14 goals in 110 appearances for Sunderland before signing for us. Stats mean nothing

I love it when people use Murphy as an example like this rather than the many, many other examples of players continuing poor goalscoring form. Data is becoming increasingly more important in football and failure to utilise it smartly will see us left behind.
Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 16:16 - Jul 29 with 410 viewsDurovigutum

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:04 - Jul 29 by Oldsmoker

We have excellent training facilities for a League 1 club such as a gym and an indoor pitch as well as excellent medical facilities. We are a good destination for clubs looking to loan players out. Cast your mind back to Accrington Stanleys dressing rooms in that FA cup match and that's a reminder that not all clubs can match what Town have. A player from a Premiership club would want all the bells and whistles rather than roughing it. We have attracted quality loans before such as Fraser, Cellini, Lawrence so I hope this years intake will be half-decent too.
BTW - The Brick Outhouse up top would be great. A 6'6" version of Akinfenwa would do me.

I refereed a charity match at Peterborough United a few weeks ago. The main stand changing facilities for home, away and the refs was straight out of 1950. I've seen better local facilities than the away changing room. The ref showers were the Mita things you buy for home and are too cheap to buy something decent. They did still have a picture of Edwards up on the wall too....

About two months ago I did an U16 game at their academy, nothing like the ITFC facility.

This all said, I've worked at impressive glass palaces and the job has been RUBBISH, and at ramshackle offices and it's been brilliant. The day before the game at London Road I had been on the Portman Road pitch, and the Peterborough pitch was better....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024