Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worried 09:37 - Aug 6 with 11931 viewstroyse

Mum just rang up pip place not happy might not get 2nd assessment and worried as got mandatory review thing social worker hasn't sent letter help yet to them just worried as soon have no money by mid sept and worried outcome need money 170 a month certainly to cover one month stuff so upset now had enough can u help
Worried on 14:37 - Aug 6 with 2998 viewsJackPITFC

Worried on 14:13 - Aug 6 by troyse

Yh dw mate I'll suffer I pay 70 month sky

Troy,

I know you personally mate, all i can see on here is people being generous and offering you support either through Go Fund Me pages or through support, the people on here are very knowledgeable and you'd be silly to neglect there advice.

Who needs sky mate, it isn't the be all end all, if anything it is just a rip off, you have family around you that can surely support you and help you where possible.

If you have too miss a few away games too get back on your feet then so be it, nobody will think any less of you and it doesn't make you any less of a supporter, i have seen you recently at Cambridge & Burton so surely there has been funds there available.
Worried on 14:38 - Aug 6 with 2991 viewstroyse

Worried on 14:17 - Aug 6 by Wallingford_Boy

Cancel Sky.

Not being funny mate, but its only TV, that'll make a huge difference.

Yh but need some income bit more
Worried on 14:41 - Aug 6 with 2957 viewswkj

Worried on 14:37 - Aug 6 by troyse

Yh havnt gone to citizens advice or dab as social worker did say they help but they havnt even wrote letter to help tru get pip overturned yet worried this takes ages

Honestly, that is a pity. You aught to call both as they can help with budgeting advice as well as with DWP advice. You'd be helping yourself more by getting on the blower this afternoon than any of us can.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 14:43]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Worried on 15:10 - Aug 6 with 2845 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

Hi Troy, I donated to your first go fund me appeal, but a second one isn't, and can't be a long term solution.

I mentioned previously that I went through the appeals process for PIP for my autistic 16 year old daughter six months ago. Thankfully through persistence we were successful in the end. I can't give you a definite solution, but what I can say is appeal everything, and say you intend to attend a tribunal if necessary, citing how your condition affects your day to day life (things like what it prevents you from doing, how you need continuity, and the detrimental effect the loss of income will have on you). I really urge you to speak with the Citizens Advice Bureau, instead of relying on your social worker; he/she will no doubt have many other cases to deal with and may not see you as a priority at this stage.

Finally, stop being so hard on yourself! You aren't pathetic, or useless - you come across as a decent bloke to me.

I suspect you already have a pre match routine, but if you dont and fancy a chat about your appeal on Saturday I'll be in the Steamboat Tavern between around 13:30 and 14:45. I'll recognise you from your photo - if you're there I'll introduce myself and buy you a drink.

All the best mate! 👍
Worried on 15:21 - Aug 6 with 2796 viewsTractorCam

Worried on 15:10 - Aug 6 by RedWhiteAndBLUE

Hi Troy, I donated to your first go fund me appeal, but a second one isn't, and can't be a long term solution.

I mentioned previously that I went through the appeals process for PIP for my autistic 16 year old daughter six months ago. Thankfully through persistence we were successful in the end. I can't give you a definite solution, but what I can say is appeal everything, and say you intend to attend a tribunal if necessary, citing how your condition affects your day to day life (things like what it prevents you from doing, how you need continuity, and the detrimental effect the loss of income will have on you). I really urge you to speak with the Citizens Advice Bureau, instead of relying on your social worker; he/she will no doubt have many other cases to deal with and may not see you as a priority at this stage.

Finally, stop being so hard on yourself! You aren't pathetic, or useless - you come across as a decent bloke to me.

I suspect you already have a pre match routine, but if you dont and fancy a chat about your appeal on Saturday I'll be in the Steamboat Tavern between around 13:30 and 14:45. I'll recognise you from your photo - if you're there I'll introduce myself and buy you a drink.

All the best mate! 👍

Troy, I recommend you take up Chambeau on his offer as he has been through it all and can talk you through it in person.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Worried on 15:35 - Aug 6 with 2752 viewsjeera

If you are deemed unable to work (I have no idea) then surely you get ESA Troy?

Don't get me wrong, I know ESA can be a poxy amount, but if you live with your mum then it should be enough to survive ok.

Yes, you could do with PIP too, I understand that, but you must get some help with budgeting. Someone who understands to go through your weekly costs with you carefully so you know what you can spend and where.

You need to be prepared in case.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Worried on 15:39 - Aug 6 with 2742 viewstroyse

Worried on 14:36 - Aug 6 by Swailsey

Did you get your season ticket sorted? Is that all paid off mate?

Yh gotta get drs to help write letter to help get pip overturned worried
Worried on 15:40 - Aug 6 with 2729 viewstroyse

Worried on 15:10 - Aug 6 by RedWhiteAndBLUE

All the best mate! 👍

Really sorry yh
Login to get fewer ads

Worried on 15:41 - Aug 6 with 2727 viewstroyse

Worried on 15:35 - Aug 6 by jeera

Don't get me wrong, I know ESA can be a poxy amount, but if you live with your mum then it should be enough to survive ok.

Yes, you could do with PIP too, I understand that, but you must get some help with budgeting. Someone who understands to go through your weekly costs with you carefully so you know what you can spend and where.

Yh should win case need to
Worried on 15:42 - Aug 6 with 2725 viewstroyse

Worried on 15:21 - Aug 6 by TractorCam

Troy, I recommend you take up Chambeau on his offer as he has been through it all and can talk you through it in person.

Thanks sorry yh
Worried on 15:42 - Aug 6 with 2722 viewstroyse

Worried on 14:41 - Aug 6 by wkj

Honestly, that is a pity. You aught to call both as they can help with budgeting advice as well as with DWP advice. You'd be helping yourself more by getting on the blower this afternoon than any of us can.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 14:43]

Yh got get a drs letter to help win case turn It round with all support and get pip
Worried on 15:43 - Aug 6 with 2719 viewsjeera

Worried on 15:41 - Aug 6 by troyse

Yh should win case need to

That's not the point I am making though.

PIP isn't necessarily for life and if you did win it back then you will go through this all over again in a couple of years time.

You need help to get plans in place so you don't have to keep worrying.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Worried on 16:03 - Aug 6 with 2640 viewsrunaround

Worried on 15:35 - Aug 6 by jeera

It will be universal credit rather than ESA now but otherwise everything still the same.
Troy, has your mum or support worker told PIP that you wish to have a mandatory reconsideration? I think you said previously you have but there is a time limit so you need to have done that in order for them to stop the clock for you to gather your evidence
Worried on 16:12 - Aug 6 with 2609 viewstroyse

Worried on 15:43 - Aug 6 by jeera

That's not the point I am making though.

PIP isn't necessarily for life and if you did win it back then you will go through this all over again in a couple of years time.

You need help to get plans in place so you don't have to keep worrying.

Ok thanks it should be ok as circumstances wont change in 2 yes sorry yh
Worried on 16:14 - Aug 6 with 2591 viewstroyse

Worried on 16:03 - Aug 6 by runaround

It will be universal credit rather than ESA now but otherwise everything still the same.
Troy, has your mum or support worker told PIP that you wish to have a mandatory reconsideration? I think you said previously you have but there is a time limit so you need to have done that in order for them to stop the clock for you to gather your evidence

Yh think mandroty review is currently taking place they can hold it for week so think drs and support social workers letters got sent to pip from them going be by end week to help case in mean time to help hope overturn it aswell
Worried on 16:14 - Aug 6 with 2588 viewstroyse

Worried on 16:03 - Aug 6 by runaround

Still ESA at min in next few yrs gonna change
Worried on 17:02 - Aug 6 with 2464 viewsNaylorsboots

Worried on 14:17 - Aug 6 by Wallingford_Boy

Cancel Sky.

Not being funny mate, but its only TV, that'll make a huge difference.

Afraid sky needs to go. Lost my job a while back, struggling to get one at the minute. Sky and my season ticket have gone. Just cant justify them. And l love my football too. You have to make sensible choices lm afraid
Worried on 22:58 - Aug 6 with 2256 viewsrunaround

Worried on 16:14 - Aug 6 by troyse

Yh think mandroty review is currently taking place they can hold it for week so think drs and support social workers letters got sent to pip from them going be by end week to help case in mean time to help hope overturn it aswell

Fingers crossed for you but I’m led to believe it might take a while for them to make a decision. Good that you get ESA too.
Regarding help with budgeting your money for now & future, if your Support Worker cannot access help with this then Citizens Advice will help.
Good luck
Worried on 23:14 - Aug 6 with 2217 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Worried on 17:02 - Aug 6 by Naylorsboots

Afraid sky needs to go. Lost my job a while back, struggling to get one at the minute. Sky and my season ticket have gone. Just cant justify them. And l love my football too. You have to make sensible choices lm afraid

Sensible. Hope you soon find suitable work again.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Worried on 08:31 - Aug 7 with 1989 viewstroyse

Worried on 23:14 - Aug 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Sensible. Hope you soon find suitable work again.

Sorry worried alot
Worried on 08:32 - Aug 7 with 1983 viewstroyse

Worried on 22:58 - Aug 6 by runaround

Fingers crossed for you but I’m led to believe it might take a while for them to make a decision. Good that you get ESA too.
Regarding help with budgeting your money for now & future, if your Support Worker cannot access help with this then Citizens Advice will help.
Good luck

Hopefully like month 2 defo need money borrow 180 if needed be for end sept oct cover 1 more month in case not sorted in 8 weeks
Worried on 08:43 - Aug 7 with 1949 viewsPinewoodblue

Worried on 08:32 - Aug 7 by troyse

Hopefully like month 2 defo need money borrow 180 if needed be for end sept oct cover 1 more month in case not sorted in 8 weeks

The last thing you should be considering is borrowing money. Don't make plans to go to anymore away games until this is sorted.

You really do need to heed the good advice you have been receiving. Your priority is getting someone taking control of the process on your behalf, not just waiting for social workers and doctorsto act.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Worried on 08:52 - Aug 7 with 1923 viewsPJH

Worried on 08:43 - Aug 7 by Pinewoodblue

The last thing you should be considering is borrowing money. Don't make plans to go to anymore away games until this is sorted.

You really do need to heed the good advice you have been receiving. Your priority is getting someone taking control of the process on your behalf, not just waiting for social workers and doctorsto act.

I agree with that but it seems that things that are priorities for Troy are not the same as things that would be more urgent for a lot of us if we suffered a sudden drop in income.

From the outside it does seem that he needs someone to work on his behalf and it is difficult to work out from his posts how much use his Social Worker might be to him, it could be that they are doing all the right and necessary things.
Worried on 09:04 - Aug 7 with 1881 viewsLanky

Some excellent advice in this thread. Would certainly suggest Citizens Advice. Your local MPs office should also assist with support/pointing you in the right direction if you get in touch with them. They will know how the systems work.

You can find out who your local MP is by putting your postcode into this site if you're not sure:

https://www.writetothem.com/
Worried on 09:08 - Aug 7 with 1875 viewsPippin1970

Not sure what the situation is m8. I lost my job as financially collapsed. Nearly lost house everything. Did 80 hrs a week jobs to keep family going . Took me a year to get back to normality. I can't even afford season ticket. Just glad to few away games up here in the North. Life is short money isn't everything.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024