Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worried 09:37 - Aug 6 with 11933 viewstroyse

Mum just rang up pip place not happy might not get 2nd assessment and worried as got mandatory review thing social worker hasn't sent letter help yet to them just worried as soon have no money by mid sept and worried outcome need money 170 a month certainly to cover one month stuff so upset now had enough can u help
Worried on 09:27 - Aug 7 with 3312 viewsNaylorsboots

Worried on 09:08 - Aug 7 by Pippin1970

Not sure what the situation is m8. I lost my job as financially collapsed. Nearly lost house everything. Did 80 hrs a week jobs to keep family going . Took me a year to get back to normality. I can't even afford season ticket. Just glad to few away games up here in the North. Life is short money isn't everything.

Well said. Life is short. Choices do have to be made sometimes. Lost my job after 35 years. Family have to come first for me. Football has to take a back seat. I do feel for the guy though.
Worried on 19:57 - Aug 7 with 3154 viewstroyse

Worried on 09:27 - Aug 7 by Naylorsboots

Well said. Life is short. Choices do have to be made sometimes. Lost my job after 35 years. Family have to come first for me. Football has to take a back seat. I do feel for the guy though.

Sorry im stupid pathetic ino
Worried on 20:00 - Aug 7 with 3143 viewsPJH

Worried on 19:57 - Aug 7 by troyse

Troy, you are not stupid, pathetic or any of the other things that you might call yourself.
You are going through a particularly difficult few months but with the right help and advice I reckon that you will get through it ok.

Good luck , TWTD is with you.
Worried on 20:03 - Aug 7 with 3133 viewsJ2BLUE

Worried on 19:57 - Aug 7 by troyse

No you aren't.

Are you tied into your Sky contract? What do you get for the £70 you pay? Do you have a device capable of getting Sky Go like a laptop, PC, games console etc?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Worried on 20:01 - Aug 8 with 2935 viewstroyse

Worried on 20:03 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

No you aren't.

Are you tied into your Sky contract? What do you get for the £70 you pay? Do you have a device capable of getting Sky Go like a laptop, PC, games console etc?

Yeh 18 months 12 to go sorry
Worried on 20:43 - Aug 8 with 2874 viewsJ2BLUE

Worried on 20:01 - Aug 8 by troyse

Yeh 18 months 12 to go sorry

Ok bud, no need to be sorry

Truly impaired.

Worried on 20:48 - Aug 8 with 2855 viewstroyse

Worried on 20:43 - Aug 8 by J2BLUE

Ok bud, no need to be sorry

Worried
Worried on 21:52 - Aug 8 with 2765 viewswkj

Worried on 20:48 - Aug 8 by troyse

Worried

There is strength to be found in adversity, you've got your home ticket sorted, might not be the whole kit and kaboodle but it's a lot more than you thought was possible a few weeks ago, away games being an occasional treat rather than a weekly thing is nothing to be sniffed at.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Worried on 21:58 - Aug 8 with 2744 viewsjas0999

Worried on 14:17 - Aug 6 by Wallingford_Boy

Cancel Sky.

Not being funny mate, but its only TV, that'll make a huge difference.

Exactly this. It’s a luxury item, not a necessity. Money can be better spent elsewhere.
Worried on 22:02 - Aug 8 with 2734 viewswkj

Worried on 21:58 - Aug 8 by jas0999

Exactly this. It’s a luxury item, not a necessity. Money can be better spent elsewhere.

100% not this... Sky is a scam, not a luxury item.

Crybaby

Worried on 22:21 - Aug 8 with 2702 viewsSwailsey

Worried

Troyse, do you have someone you can talk to about this? Family?

Presumably you’re happy and relieved to have your season ticket paid for yeah?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Worried on 22:43 - Aug 8 with 2649 viewsjeera

Worried

Problem now is these threads are gradually becoming less about support and are leaning more towards judging.

If you take one thing from this thread Troy - if you are reading - please get some proper help with understanding your budget.

It is stressful worrying about money all the time and if you struggle to understand how to budget then you need to be shown how.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 22:45]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Worried on 23:09 - Aug 8 with 2601 viewsJ2BLUE

Worried on 22:02 - Aug 8 by wkj

100% not this... Sky is a scam, not a luxury item.

Lets not start being stupid. Sky, for all their faults, provide a ton of football coverage. Everyone has a way to relax which they spend money on. If football is Troy's escape then Sky is a perfectly valid expense and not a 'scam'.

He has said he is six months into an eighteen month contract so Sky can't be cancelled and there's no need for people to keep going on about it.

Truly impaired.

Worried on 23:46 - Aug 8 with 2565 viewswkj

Worried on 23:09 - Aug 8 by J2BLUE

Lets not start being stupid. Sky, for all their faults, provide a ton of football coverage. Everyone has a way to relax which they spend money on. If football is Troy's escape then Sky is a perfectly valid expense and not a 'scam'.

He has said he is six months into an eighteen month contract so Sky can't be cancelled and there's no need for people to keep going on about it.

It was an slam on sky, not Troy. And the fact there is a fixed term contract for a television service is precisely the reason why I see it as a scam, as I do with most Internet plans, as you're purchasing a service that doesn't depreciate in value of you use it for a shorter term than the contract.

I would thank you for not blindly saying I'm being stupid though as that isn't very nice or respectful, something I know you value dearly.

Crybaby

Worried on 14:29 - Aug 9 with 2370 viewsSpruceMoose

Worried on 23:46 - Aug 8 by wkj

It was an slam on sky, not Troy. And the fact there is a fixed term contract for a television service is precisely the reason why I see it as a scam, as I do with most Internet plans, as you're purchasing a service that doesn't depreciate in value of you use it for a shorter term than the contract.

I would thank you for not blindly saying I'm being stupid though as that isn't very nice or respectful, something I know you value dearly.

How much is Sky Sports these days? I'm out of the loop. Always thought it was pricey for the full package a few years back.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Worried on 14:39 - Aug 9 with 2347 viewsJ2BLUE

It's still unhelpful when someone is worrying about everything IMO but I don't wish to argue as we're both trying to help.

Truly impaired.

Worried on 14:59 - Aug 9 with 2317 viewshaynes_toe1

Understand you're 'in contract' with sky but still might be worth calling to see if you can cancel. Then perhaps someone local could help with setting up IPTV or something similar for you to keep watching football but not paying the monthly subscription?

You have a family around you who are obviously trying to help, I would concentrate on utilising their help and relaying some of the information people have given you on here as opposed to setting up a GoFundMe
Worried on 19:40 - Aug 9 with 2229 viewstroyse

Worried on 23:09 - Aug 8 by J2BLUE

Yh sorry mate really am
Worried on 19:41 - Aug 9 with 2226 viewstroyse

Worried on 22:21 - Aug 8 by Swailsey

Troyse, do you have someone you can talk to about this? Family?

Presumably you’re happy and relieved to have your season ticket paid for yeah?

I am just want my money if u get me
Worried on 19:42 - Aug 9 with 2223 viewstroyse

Worried on 22:43 - Aug 8 by jeera

Problem now is these threads are gradually becoming less about support and are leaning more towards judging.

If you take one thing from this thread Troy - if you are reading - please get some proper help with understanding your budget.

It is stressful worrying about money all the time and if you struggle to understand how to budget then you need to be shown how.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 22:45]

Thanks sorry yh
Worried on 19:43 - Aug 9 with 2220 viewstroyse

Sorry its 70 month haven't got sky sports
Worried on 19:44 - Aug 9 with 2217 viewstroyse

Worried on 14:39 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

It's still unhelpful when someone is worrying about everything IMO but I don't wish to argue as we're both trying to help.

Thanks sorry yh stressed me this
Worried on 19:45 - Aug 9 with 2210 viewstroyse

Worried on 14:59 - Aug 9 by haynes_toe1

Understand you're 'in contract' with sky but still might be worth calling to see if you can cancel. Then perhaps someone local could help with setting up IPTV or something similar for you to keep watching football but not paying the monthly subscription?

You have a family around you who are obviously trying to help, I would concentrate on utilising their help and relaying some of the information people have given you on here as opposed to setting up a GoFundMe

Sorry im stupid
Worried on 19:48 - Aug 9 with 2199 viewsSpruceMoose

Worried on 19:45 - Aug 9 by troyse

Sorry im stupid

Have you called, or has anyone helped you to call, any of the organisations recommended on here yet?

You really should do that. They can assist you far better than we can mate.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 19:48]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Worried on 19:50 - Aug 9 with 2184 viewsJ2BLUE

Worried on 19:45 - Aug 9 by troyse

Sorry im stupid

You're not stupid. You've been put in a horrible situation which isn't your fault and you're worrying. Perfectly natural.

Are you planning to skip the away games for a while? Maybe it is worth going on live chat on Sky site and asking them if they can do anything for you? Even a little saving would help.

Do you have any other bills which must be paid every month apart from Sky?

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024