Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Better than last season 17:32 - Aug 7 with 1322 viewsChurchman75

Who would agree that we have a far better team than last year

3 more players
Pennington loan with view to permanent if we go up
Exciting loan from prem
Daryl Murphy

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

Better than last season on 17:38 - Aug 7 with 1277 viewsSpruceMoose

What part of last year...? I'll take the January 2018 team please.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Better than last season on 17:43 - Aug 7 with 1252 viewskizaitfc

Pennington going Hull
Prem loanee will cost £££
Murphy apparently not even on our radar

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Better than last season on 17:58 - Aug 7 with 1213 viewsBlueBadger

It's essentially the same as last season's team but with fewer forwards, conisderably less ability in goal, full back and greatly reduced depth at centre half.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Better than last season on 18:00 - Aug 7 with 1209 viewsPJH

Better than last season on 17:38 - Aug 7 by SpruceMoose

What part of last year...? I'll take the January 2018 team please.

I will have the team (and manager) that won at Sheff W on 6th March 2018 please.

Bialkowski, Spence, Webster, Chambers, Carter-Vickers, Knudsen, Skuse, Connolly, Hyam,Carayol, Waghorn Used subs Ward, Sears and Garner
Unused subs Crowe, Iorfa, Celina, Gleeson

McGoldrick not available.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 18:05]
Better than last season on 18:32 - Aug 7 with 1116 viewsclive_baker

I think we've got a better squad, on balance, vs. last season. It's not just about quality man for man but I really didn't like how big our squad was last season, packed with average loanees. A younger, hungrier, tight knit squad of players that are largely owned by us and see a future here are what we need.

I don't see a role for Murphy, but I do agree once Premier League squads are confirmed, if ME can sanction a 'marquee' loanee then that could well be the difference between top 6 and top 2. A signing of real quality that's going to take pressure off Norwood to score all the goals, at least until Sears is fit and can contribute. Not sure who that might be, but someone who could have the same impact here as loanees like Fraser / Lawrence / Williams in recent years, and Celina to a lesser extent.

I had hoped we were going to announce someone like Eddie Nketiah to really get the excitement levels up, but I would imagine Arsenal will want him playing in the Championship. I think Leeds have been linked. What about Charlie Brown back from Chelsea for the season?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

You been on the glue mate? (n/t) on 18:33 - Aug 7 with 1111 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Better than last season on 09:30 - Aug 8 with 884 viewsWestcountryblue

Better than last season on 18:00 - Aug 7 by PJH

I will have the team (and manager) that won at Sheff W on 6th March 2018 please.

Bialkowski, Spence, Webster, Chambers, Carter-Vickers, Knudsen, Skuse, Connolly, Hyam,Carayol, Waghorn Used subs Ward, Sears and Garner
Unused subs Crowe, Iorfa, Celina, Gleeson

McGoldrick not available.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 18:05]

Was completely baffled we let Carayol just slip into the wilderness of football.
Cracking player if managed wisely.
Better than last season on 09:32 - Aug 8 with 879 viewsWestcountryblue

Better than last season on 18:32 - Aug 7 by clive_baker

I think we've got a better squad, on balance, vs. last season. It's not just about quality man for man but I really didn't like how big our squad was last season, packed with average loanees. A younger, hungrier, tight knit squad of players that are largely owned by us and see a future here are what we need.

I don't see a role for Murphy, but I do agree once Premier League squads are confirmed, if ME can sanction a 'marquee' loanee then that could well be the difference between top 6 and top 2. A signing of real quality that's going to take pressure off Norwood to score all the goals, at least until Sears is fit and can contribute. Not sure who that might be, but someone who could have the same impact here as loanees like Fraser / Lawrence / Williams in recent years, and Celina to a lesser extent.

I had hoped we were going to announce someone like Eddie Nketiah to really get the excitement levels up, but I would imagine Arsenal will want him playing in the Championship. I think Leeds have been linked. What about Charlie Brown back from Chelsea for the season?

Murphy would be great as a 65-70 minute sub to come on as a battering ram. He'd also be good in a 2 alongside Jackson.
Charlie Brown on loan is a great shout.
Login to get fewer ads

Better than last season on 10:36 - Aug 8 with 806 viewsPJH

Better than last season on 09:30 - Aug 8 by Westcountryblue

Was completely baffled we let Carayol just slip into the wilderness of football.
Cracking player if managed wisely.

Me too.

Obviously there were fitness concerns but when firing he was devastating.
He could have been great for us in The Championship (remember that?) last season and I think he is several classes above Edwards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024