Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
cricket highlights up 19:51 - Aug 25 with 2843 viewsfarkenhell

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49465193

My favourite moment has to be Boycott ejaculating at the reverse sweep on 31 seconds.
cricket highlights up on 20:03 - Aug 25 with 2807 viewsgainsboroughblue

1. I've watched it live today.
2. Watched the debate on Sky.
3. Highlights on Sky.
4. Just turned over to Channel 5 plus 1 to watch more highlights.
5. Will click on your link to listen to those.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2019 20:04]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

cricket highlights up on 20:04 - Aug 25 with 2791 viewsReuser_is_God

cricket highlights up on 20:03 - Aug 25 by gainsboroughblue

3. Highlights on Sky.

Yes I’ve done the same apart from watch live.

So so so so good.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

cricket highlights up on 20:16 - Aug 25 with 2775 viewsSteve_M

cricket highlights up on 20:03 - Aug 25 by gainsboroughblue

3. Highlights on Sky.

I'm still amazed watching it back. Brilliant game management from Stokes for the second time in six weeks.

I also missed the Aussie reaction to Stokes at the end, very magnanimous. They are a very un-dislikeable Aussie side.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

cricket highlights up on 20:21 - Aug 25 with 2752 viewsgainsboroughblue

cricket highlights up on 20:16 - Aug 25 by Steve_M

I'm still amazed watching it back. Brilliant game management from Stokes for the second time in six weeks.

I also missed the Aussie reaction to Stokes at the end, very magnanimous. They are a very un-dislikeable Aussie side.

They do.

I've been struck by just how nice Mitchell Johnson seems to be when I've seen him work on TV too.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

cricket highlights up on 20:35 - Aug 25 with 2727 viewsReuser_is_God

cricket highlights up on 20:21 - Aug 25 by gainsboroughblue

They do.

I've been struck by just how nice Mitchell Johnson seems to be when I've seen him work on TV too.

Always liked Johnson in fairness. Think he took the ‘his bowling is sh1te’ stuff in good spirit & responded in the right way.

Although I did get fed up of seeing his face accompanying the headline on BBC app every time I woke during the night of winter 2013.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2019 20:35]

Evans out

cricket highlights up on 21:13 - Aug 25 with 2659 viewscatch74

cricket highlights up on 20:16 - Aug 25 by Steve_M

Felt like Stokes was the only one that hadn’t really given up bowling in the second innings too. Brilliant sportsmanship all round.
Loved the near silence for Stokes second six off Lyon, as the crowd have hearts in mouth, plus the Stokes celebration for the win as the crowd get to their feet in sections as they realise. Watching the highlights again now.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

cricket highlights up on 21:36 - Aug 25 with 2615 viewsfarkenhell

cricket highlights up on 21:13 - Aug 25 by catch74

Felt like Stokes was the only one that hadn’t really given up bowling in the second innings too. Brilliant sportsmanship all round.
Loved the near silence for Stokes second six off Lyon, as the crowd have hearts in mouth, plus the Stokes celebration for the win as the crowd get to their feet in sections as they realise. Watching the highlights again now.

Thought they were a bit unfair on the fellow at 3rd man (Head?) saying he had dropped the ashes. Seemed to me he didn't quite get there for the catch.

What a day. Have watched those highlights 10 times now!
cricket highlights up on 23:07 - Aug 25 with 2519 viewsRyorry

cricket highlights up on 21:13 - Aug 25 by catch74

He put his heart n soul into it like a Trojan, felt so sorry for him when Root juggled & dropped that catch.

Recorded the C5 highlight, they're gonna get padlocked forever!

Watching the scenes after Stoke hit that boundary to win, I also thought how generous the Aussie players were wih their congrats. A bit like our POF again, where the opposition players & fans played a good part in contributing to a truly memorable day.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

cricket highlights up on 23:18 - Aug 25 with 2498 viewshatch

Was at Headingley today and yesterday. History made. Unbelievable. Saw a bloke in a town shirt a block along too.

The after party in Manahatta is something to behold too - they’re going to need a team of 6 ceiling moppers to clean the cider and beer off the ceiling. I’ve never seen scenes like it.

Best sporting event I’ve ever seen live. Speechless.
cricket highlights up on 00:05 - Aug 26 with 2453 viewsGarv

Cricket keeps on giving.

As does Ben Stokes.

I still can't believe Wilson didn't give it, though. As plum as you will ever see.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

cricket highlights up on 08:06 - Aug 26 with 2286 viewsReuser_is_God

cricket highlights up on 00:05 - Aug 26 by Garv

Cricket keeps on giving.

As does Ben Stokes.

I still can't believe Wilson didn't give it, though. As plum as you will ever see.

I dunno, watching it first time it did feel closer to leg stump than what Hawkeye actually showed.

Evans out

cricket highlights up on 08:41 - Aug 26 with 2246 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

cricket highlights up on 08:06 - Aug 26 by Reuser_is_God

I dunno, watching it first time it did feel closer to leg stump than what Hawkeye actually showed.

Yeah thought the same - I actually thought it hit his leading leg outside of the stumps in real time

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

cricket highlights up on 11:39 - Aug 26 with 2180 viewsRyorry

cricket highlights up on 23:18 - Aug 25 by hatch

Was at Headingley today and yesterday. History made. Unbelievable. Saw a bloke in a town shirt a block along too.

The after party in Manahatta is something to behold too - they’re going to need a team of 6 ceiling moppers to clean the cider and beer off the ceiling. I’ve never seen scenes like it.

Best sporting event I’ve ever seen live. Speechless.

Was there on Thurs & Fri (and will get refund for today) - you obviously had the best of the fun!

Note for anyone going there in future on hot sunny days & sitting on the Western Terrace (blocks A-I) - wear a shirt with collar which can be turned up, a broad-brimmed hat will not be enough to cover the back of your neck if you're only wearing a T-shirt as I was, & it got pretty painful after a few hours!

cricket highlights up on 11:49 - Aug 26 with 2168 viewsSteve_M

cricket highlights up on 11:39 - Aug 26 by Ryorry

Was there on Thurs & Fri (and will get refund for today) - you obviously had the best of the fun!

Note for anyone going there in future on hot sunny days & sitting on the Western Terrace (blocks A-I) - wear a shirt with collar which can be turned up, a broad-brimmed hat will not be enough to cover the back of your neck if you're only wearing a T-shirt as I was, & it got pretty painful after a few hours!

I missed putting sun cream on the right side of my neck, it was glowing red when I looked at it Saturday evening. Still better off than the bloke near us in black jeans and a black shirt.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

cricket highlights up on 11:57 - Aug 26 with 2161 viewsRyorry

cricket highlights up on 11:49 - Aug 26 by Steve_M

I missed putting sun cream on the right side of my neck, it was glowing red when I looked at it Saturday evening. Still better off than the bloke near us in black jeans and a black shirt.

Can't recall what he was wearing apart from not even bothering to have a hat! but watched the neck of the guy (v. short black hair) just in front of me but one seat to the right, turn an ever deepening shade of dark mahogony red - he seemed completely unconcerned!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024