Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Agent Cummings 22:54 - Sep 4 with 4665 viewsBlueNomad

You are half way to destroying the Tory Party
Well done Agent Cummings on 12:35 - Sep 5 with 1157 viewsGuthrum

Well done Agent Cummings on 12:33 - Sep 5 by BackToRussia

He doesn't have to with Boris in power, does he?

He doesn't have to take the heat or the blame for any ill consequences, you mean.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well done Agent Cummings on 12:36 - Sep 5 with 1156 viewsBackToRussia

Well done Agent Cummings on 12:35 - Sep 5 by Guthrum

He doesn't have to take the heat or the blame for any ill consequences, you mean.

Never that, no. But I meant Boris is pushing no deal so he can keep schtum in the shadows.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Well done Agent Cummings on 12:44 - Sep 5 with 1143 viewsBlueRaider

Well done Agent Cummings on 10:40 - Sep 5 by flimflam

The Tories will gain half the vote as long as BJ and NF work together which appears will be the case.

The rest of the traitor parties will have to share the other half between them.

The last few days will make them stronger not weaker.

You dont think they have not taken all possibilities into account and made plans accordingly.

I think you're bang on, the remain side will likely be more fragmented than the leave side, and if it remains a one issue election then the leave side will win.

I've thought all week that whoever wins this battle will lose the brexit 'war' overall

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Well done Agent Cummings on 13:28 - Sep 5 with 1118 viewsRyorry

Well done Agent Cummings on 12:44 - Sep 5 by BlueRaider

I think you're bang on, the remain side will likely be more fragmented than the leave side, and if it remains a one issue election then the leave side will win.

I've thought all week that whoever wins this battle will lose the brexit 'war' overall

Seriously, no one "wins" out of all this, not even the vast majority of politicians, as the UK's reputation has taken a nosedive over all this.

Businesses are losing, employment will be losing, UK revenue & HMRC are losing = NHS and other services are losing = every single member of public is losing.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Well done Agent Cummings on 13:42 - Sep 5 with 1106 viewsGuthrum

Well done Agent Cummings on 13:28 - Sep 5 by Ryorry

Seriously, no one "wins" out of all this, not even the vast majority of politicians, as the UK's reputation has taken a nosedive over all this.

Businesses are losing, employment will be losing, UK revenue & HMRC are losing = NHS and other services are losing = every single member of public is losing.

A few of Farage and JRM's hedge fund mates will make some money if we become a low-regulatory tax haven. Otherwise everyone loses.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well done Agent Cummings on 13:50 - Sep 5 with 1094 viewsRyorry

Well done Agent Cummings on 13:42 - Sep 5 by Guthrum

A few of Farage and JRM's hedge fund mates will make some money if we become a low-regulatory tax haven. Otherwise everyone loses.

Mmm, a major root of our problem. I know other countries have worse, but are there any which have better anti-vested interests preventative measures that you're aware of? (quite a tall order to answer I know!)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Well done Agent Cummings on 14:53 - Sep 5 with 1070 viewsClapham_Junction

Well done Agent Cummings on 10:30 - Sep 5 by m14_blue

The tories are spent as a force already I reckon.

Even if they win this election as a rebadged Brexit Party, they have permanently alienated all the sensible middle ground voters who they will need again when Brexit is finally resolved.

The fabled Labour voting, Brexit supporting, masses may go blue as a one off but they'll soon realise that the values of the tories don't align with theirs in any way.

Obviously this will be exacerbated still further if the unicorns don't have sparkly horns after we've left.

"they'll soon realise that the values of the tories don't align with theirs in any way"

You say this, but many country folk are brought up with the mantra that Labour hate them, and will vote Tory forever regardless of the evidence. I wonder whether Brexit could be the catalyst for this to start happening in worse-off urban areas too.
Well done Agent Cummings on 15:08 - Sep 5 with 1060 viewsDarth_Koont

Well done Agent Cummings on 10:46 - Sep 5 by flimflam

OK wrong choice of words.

But there will be some very clever strategists working behind the scenes who have accounted for every possible scenario.

If they get a majority which I believe they will then they will have no MP's who will vote against them and can get what they wish passed through parliament. The Lords may be a different matter though.

They will just repeal all the acts passed and create new ones.

"But there will be some very clever political strategists working behind the scenes who have accounted for every possible political scenario."

That's probably why they're in their current mess. They can't work out the real world of the Irish border, supply chains, trade tariffs and the pragmatism and strength of the EU's negotiating position. So all their political manouverings are futile as it always brings them back to these inescapable issues.

All it's doing is giving them more rope to hang themselves with. They can't even cover their @rses on a personal level any more.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Agent Cummings on 15:12 - Sep 5 with 1053 viewsm14_blue

Well done Agent Cummings on 14:53 - Sep 5 by Clapham_Junction

"they'll soon realise that the values of the tories don't align with theirs in any way"

You say this, but many country folk are brought up with the mantra that Labour hate them, and will vote Tory forever regardless of the evidence. I wonder whether Brexit could be the catalyst for this to start happening in worse-off urban areas too.

Maybe but I don't think so.

In order to stay relevant in the deprived urban areas they would have to change the identity of their party to such an extent that they would cease to appeal to the traditional support you cite.
Well done Agent Cummings on 15:34 - Sep 5 with 1035 viewsBlueBoots

Well done Agent Cummings on 10:40 - Sep 5 by flimflam

The Tories will gain half the vote as long as BJ and NF work together which appears will be the case.

The rest of the traitor parties will have to share the other half between them.

The last few days will make them stronger not weaker.

You dont think they have not taken all possibilities into account and made plans accordingly.

You do understand what it would take for BJ and NF to work together? NF has already said that unless the Tories promise to deliver a No-Deal Brexit as part of any election campaign, they will run Brexit Party candidates against the Tories...

So the Tories are damned if they do (lose Conservative voters opposed to a no-deal Brexit) and damned if they don't (lose Conservative voters to the Brexit Party)

The Conservative party is falling apart with defections, ejections, in-fighting and incompetence - the other parties are in no rush for a General Election because they don't need one to destroy a political party that's doing it perfectly well by itself!
[Post edited 5 Sep 2019 15:41]

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Well done Agent Cummings on 00:24 - Sep 6 with 954 viewsClapham_Junction

Well done Agent Cummings on 15:12 - Sep 5 by m14_blue

Maybe but I don't think so.

In order to stay relevant in the deprived urban areas they would have to change the identity of their party to such an extent that they would cease to appeal to the traditional support you cite.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/09/03/number-10-accused-weaponise-transgender-ri

Sadly it looks like they may be trying to find a way to do so.....
Well done Agent Cummings on 07:57 - Sep 6 with 893 viewsTractorWood

Well done Agent Cummings on 10:30 - Sep 5 by m14_blue

The tories are spent as a force already I reckon.

Even if they win this election as a rebadged Brexit Party, they have permanently alienated all the sensible middle ground voters who they will need again when Brexit is finally resolved.

The fabled Labour voting, Brexit supporting, masses may go blue as a one off but they'll soon realise that the values of the tories don't align with theirs in any way.

Obviously this will be exacerbated still further if the unicorns don't have sparkly horns after we've left.

Agree. Any Tory voter with a shred of integrity can't vote for them after the Boris horror show.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Well done Agent Cummings on 08:05 - Sep 6 with 883 viewsDarth_Koont

Well done Agent Cummings on 00:24 - Sep 6 by Clapham_Junction

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/09/03/number-10-accused-weaponise-transgender-ri

Sadly it looks like they may be trying to find a way to do so.....

Wow! It's incredible to think our politics might still hit new lows.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024