Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On my way to the New White Hart Lane... 15:13 - Oct 1 with 5039 viewsitfcjoe

....a new ground to tick off, and looking forward to seeing the new stadium - anyone been yet? Everyone I know who has says it is stunning.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 08:48 - Oct 2 with 1156 viewsBiGDonnie

On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 17:09 - Oct 1 by chicoazul

So weird how loads of people still say you guys arent Spurs fans.

I didn't go

Although I'm back to actively promoting the Town with Default Junior now we're winning!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 08:57 - Oct 2 with 1128 viewsyorkshireblue

I'm going to the NFL (Bucs vs Panthers) there in a couple of weekends time. I've never made it to the old White Hart Lane.

Any recommendations of good places to eat/drink beforehand?
On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 10:26 - Oct 2 with 1065 viewslinhdi

On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 08:57 - Oct 2 by yorkshireblue

I'm going to the NFL (Bucs vs Panthers) there in a couple of weekends time. I've never made it to the old White Hart Lane.

Tottenham High Road has a vast array of kebab and chicken joints, plus McDonald's for a more upmarket experience. A few Jamaican places too. If you take the train to Northumberland Park, there is a really good chippy by the station (10 mins walk to the ground).
Stadium has decent food options and Beavertown craft beers at all bars, at (London) pub prices. I can't recommend pubs around the ground as I haven't been in any for over 2 years.

Being NFL, you can possibly take a beer to your seat, which reduces the temptation to pre-load?
On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 10:33 - Oct 2 with 1054 viewsPrideOfTheEast

On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 17:09 - Oct 1 by chicoazul

So weird how loads of people still say you guys arent Spurs fans.

Sorry but this has annoyed me.

Linhdi is openly a Spurs fan who does an awful lot of good work for ITFC and attends plenty of town games.

Mrs Linhdi is probably the biggest town fan I know and also does a huge amount of good stuff at the club.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 10:34]
On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 10:42 - Oct 2 with 1027 viewschicoazul

On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 10:33 - Oct 2 by PrideOfTheEast

Sorry but this has annoyed me.

Linhdi is openly a Spurs fan who does an awful lot of good work for ITFC and attends plenty of town games.

Mrs Linhdi is probably the biggest town fan I know and also does a huge amount of good stuff at the club.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 10:34]

Thank God we have Spurs fans running the ITFC supporters clubs.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 10:44 - Oct 2 with 1018 viewsPrideOfTheEast

On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 10:42 - Oct 2 by chicoazul

We don't.
On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 10:48 - Oct 2 with 1003 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 08:57 - Oct 2 by yorkshireblue

Well it’s in London, so...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 10:56 - Oct 2 with 987 viewsyorkshireblue

On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 10:48 - Oct 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well it’s in London, so...

I meant specifically near the ground... but thanks.

In all likelihood I'll head to Beavertown, which I believe is near by.
Login to get fewer ads

On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 10:59 - Oct 2 with 974 viewsBoardPolice

On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 16:52 - Oct 1 by Fixed_It

I'm guessing they are beer cups...which fill up at the bottom. I'm sure Joe will elaborate later.

edit: redacted as beaten to it by the estimable Factual.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 11:00]
On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 11:09 - Oct 2 with 944 viewshaynes_toe1

On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 10:42 - Oct 2 by chicoazul

What is wrong with you?
On my way to the New White Hart Lane... on 15:06 - Oct 2 with 840 viewsitfcjoe

Full report

Get there if you can, an unbelievable stadium - transport links were pretty easy (if Greater Anglis weren't completely inept), about 15 minutes from Liv St to Northumberland Park, got away quickly despite staying until the very end unlike a lot of the Spurs fans after 5th, 6th and 7th goals went in.

Got back to Liv St bang on 22:30, actually got across to the 22:30 train but guard wouldn't let me on, I didn't end up leaving Liv St until 00:20 on a train that chugged along at a snails pace and got back to Ipswich at 02:10, brilliant.

The stadium is stunning, and there is plenty there to do, good bars in the ground, lots of food options, all queues were relatively short and wasn't an issue getting anything - I had a beer from the Beavertown craft pub, which has the brewery in the back of house, and then some chicken from a chicken restaurant and a beer that filled from the bottom of the cup, as it had to be done. Was all reasonably priced, was cheaper there than at the Merchant on Liverpool Street and clear they are making a big attempt to get people into the ground early and give them stuff to entice them there. Everywhere takes contactless, even programme sellers walking around and the stadium experience is great.

Also the whole back of house is open plan, so you can walk around it all and see the view from other areas, I went down when they Bayern players walked into the stadium, then up to top tier on one side and then back of 'The Wall' as wanted to see where my NFL ST seats are.

The build up with light show is good, and the acoustics in the stadium make it seem louder than it is - the game was good - Spurs felt very unfortunate to be behind at the break, kane had rounded Neuer and he had made 2 good saves from Son and NDombele, I was right behind this goal - so saw a lot of action in the second half!!

5 goals in front of me after half time, 4 for Serge Gnabry and the quality was out of this world - everything done at such pace, and then players going cold in front of goal to finish perfectly, simila to when I saw Salah for Liverpool recently - being low down to the pitch (which I was) is a great experience as gives you a viewpoint that is impossible to capture on the TV, the sheer pace these games play at in certain areas is light years away.

I think it's the first CL game I've been to, and if anyone gets a chance to go to one I'd urge them to as under the lights it is always a bit special

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024