Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Minute's silence - Blue Action 19:09 - Nov 9 with 7428 viewsuefacup81

Don't know if it was because it was poorly announced within the stadium or what, but the silence today seemed particularly poorly observed within the SBR.

Blue Action guys had to be shushed into silence, and even then there was still a pretty audible murmur coming from them throughout the silence.

Very poor form.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Minute's silence - Blue Action on 11:07 - Nov 10 with 1388 viewsBlue_Order

Minute's silence - Blue Action on 10:53 - Nov 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

Letting blue flares off during the minutes silence..... shame on you!

They really added to the effect of all the hissing we were doing.
Minute's silence - Blue Action on 11:34 - Nov 10 with 1355 viewsNewcyBlue

James McClean/Poppies/Royal British Legion by uefacup81 2 Nov 2019 18:07
Given that Poppy Season (tm) is now well and truly upon us, and anything that moves must be emblazoned with as big a poppy as possible lest it be deemed unpatriotic, and guilty of "NoT supPOrrETinG aRE Lads", I'm sure it's not long until James McClean starts receiving his annual not-at-all-ironic abuse from certain sections of society for not doing what they demand he must do.

I was pondering earlier - surely the RBL should come out and perhaps just say something reinforcing the fact that whether or not to wear a poppy is a personal choice, and everyone's opinion is valid regardless?

Or would highlighting the fact that poppy-wearing is not mandatory severely damage their trade in poppy-branded sh*te?

I’m surprised you weren’t walking round slapping poppies off of people’s lapels whilst declaring your disdain for “poppy branded sh!te”.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Minute's silence - Blue Action on 14:19 - Nov 10 with 1296 viewsmaccyd9

Blue action are still waiting for their apology......
Minute's silence - Blue Action on 15:49 - Nov 10 with 1233 viewsBlue_Moses

I was sitting about 10 seats away from them and couldn't hear anything. There was noise coming from under the stand but those people wouldn't have been aware of what was going on.
Minute's silence - Blue Action on 16:02 - Nov 10 with 1213 viewsTractorWood

Minute's silence - Blue Action on 21:41 - Nov 9 by BlockJJ

What an overaction from another cheese melt.

There was noise coming from under the stand and fair play to one steward who rushed down and stopped people from coming up the steps and informed people the minutes silence was starting.

As soon as the last post was being played there was silence.

In the 25+ years I have been going to FPR there has always been some murmurs/noises from people who are not yet in the stands, this is not out of any rudeness...but because they're unaware!

Also to link this to Blue Action (Who I don't stand with) is a joke!

Melts everywhere.

This.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Minute's silence - Blue Action on 17:09 - Nov 10 with 1190 viewsstonojnr

I was in section 5 SBR I thought it was impeccably observed,didn't hear anyone during the 'period of silence' I think there was some minor confusion at what point it began as some people started before it was announced, but I only heard a couple of phones went off which I thought what are the chances you are at a football game and someone texts you at 3pm,but one of those things.
Minute's silence - Blue Action on 17:19 - Nov 10 with 1187 viewsTractorCam

I was in the SBRL and didn't hear a peep. Also interesting to note you've instantly pinned it on Blue Action.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Minute's silence - Blue Action on 17:22 - Nov 10 with 1172 viewsTractorCam

Minute's silence - Blue Action on 20:29 - Nov 9 by BackToRussia

No doubt you'll be offering BA an apology now you've had it confirmed from multiple non BA members that it wasn't them.

Don't be silly, there's a clear agenda here. Probably the same guy who has the fictional son who hates the chants in the upper co-op.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Minute's silence - Blue Action on 18:49 - Nov 10 with 1126 viewsEwan_Oozami

Minute's silence - Blue Action on 17:22 - Nov 10 by TractorCam

Don't be silly, there's a clear agenda here. Probably the same guy who has the fictional son who hates the chants in the upper co-op.

Chants in the Upper Co-op?? Blimey, he is deluded!!!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Minute's silence - Blue Action on 23:42 - Nov 10 with 1051 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Seems that Blue Action have a Salford branch.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-50367340

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Minute's silence - Blue Action on 10:03 - Nov 11 with 983 viewsMartus

I was in the Sir Bobby stand on Saturday and the noise was coming inside the stand concourse - they obviously werent to know the minutes silence was being observed. It was a shame - but was excelently respected by everyone in the stand at the time.

"Bobby conquered Europe!!! And we won the FA cuuuuup!"

Minute's silence - Blue Action on 10:38 - Nov 11 with 963 viewscaught-in-limbo

People still don't get it.

Paying respect, whether it's wearing a poppy or observing silence, is about what you yourself do, not what anybody else does. If you're bothered about others, then you're completely missing the point.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Minute's silence - Blue Action on 13:41 - Nov 11 with 907 viewsmaccyd9

Minute's silence - Blue Action on 10:38 - Nov 11 by caught-in-limbo

People still don't get it.

Paying respect, whether it's wearing a poppy or observing silence, is about what you yourself do, not what anybody else does. If you're bothered about others, then you're completely missing the point.

I get your point but it is annoying.

Our office had a 2 minutes silence this morning yet I could still hear 1 or 2 clicking their mouse or typing. It's just ignorant in the extreme.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024