Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) 21:40 - Nov 20 with 12717 viewsSwailsey

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:16 - Nov 21 with 4359 viewsNo9

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:43 - Nov 20 by Swailsey

From the sounds of it, a smart ball across the box from El and a tidy finish from Judge.

Brenner shouting about it.

But it did seem to take him by surprise
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:17 - Nov 21 with 4361 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 09:59 - Nov 21 by Cotty

Personally I'd be much more annoyed if the commentating was overly Ipswich biased. Commentary is meant to tell you what's going on, not what you want to hear. Co-commentary is where the bias can quite justifiably creep in.

Depends what you mean by biased, I suppose. I simply wish that he was not as enthusiastic about the opposition attacks or goals as he is about those of the Town.
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:18 - Nov 21 with 4356 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:07 - Nov 21 by Swailsey

When Mathie makes mistakes does that make him anti-Ipswich?

No that makes him a drunken Scot!
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:40 - Nov 21 with 4343 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:09 - Nov 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

If you mute him then you don't have to listen to him, if he is as bad as you describe I don't know why you haven't already.

He is a commentator, his job is to reflect the mood of the match. As I said in my post I understand that he reacts to opposition goals and I understand the criticism. However, when I listen to Commentary on Suffolk I wouldn't say that I have ever heard him make vast amount of mistakes. Maybe mixing players up who look similar from a height, but that happens to commentators across the world.

To say that he doesn't have a great depth of feeling for Town is just absolute balls. Did you listen to that Swansea game. I have a great depth of feeling for Town and am a season ticket holder of many years and he reacted in a way that even I or probably a lot of fans didn't, he lost his voice for god sake I thought he was going to explode. There are numerous other games you can pull up which demonstrate it. Of all the things to criticise Brenner for, of which there are few, he isn't perfect. Not having passion for Town is not one of them .

There has been the odd game on iFollow where the commentary has failed and they are better games to watch. Muting means missing out on the crowd atmosphere though, otherwise that would be a valid solution.

You cannot notice the mistakes by listening to him on the radio. You have to SEE that he missed something by watching the game.

As I have written previously, he is able to show enthusiasm for Town, but he certainly shows equal enthusiasm for the opposition most of the time. I personally wish that he didn't do it, but I do not pretend that he doesn't.
Don't be silly on 10:46 - Nov 21 with 4345 viewsDyland

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 21:43 - Nov 20 by 44_not_out

I genuinely think he has an issue when we win. He is so negative. The first thing he says after the final whistle.... “don’t deserve it”

Bore off Brenner

He quite clearly wants Ipswich to do well. This is reality. Truth.

Anyway, it's not his job to be an Ipswich cheerleader. He's a commentator ffs, and a pretty good one, relatively at the very least.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:52 - Nov 21 with 4329 viewsGeoffSentence

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:17 - Nov 21 by FrankfurtBlue

Depends what you mean by biased, I suppose. I simply wish that he was not as enthusiastic about the opposition attacks or goals as he is about those of the Town.

That's the trouble isn't it. He does sometimes sound like he is urging the opposition on.

I think you are right in your initial assessment, he's from the North-East I believe, is not from Suffolk or historically connected to the area so I think he gets carried away with the football in general. Sometimes that excitement is for the opposition forgetting who his audience is.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:54 - Nov 21 with 4327 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:40 - Nov 21 by FrankfurtBlue

There has been the odd game on iFollow where the commentary has failed and they are better games to watch. Muting means missing out on the crowd atmosphere though, otherwise that would be a valid solution.

You cannot notice the mistakes by listening to him on the radio. You have to SEE that he missed something by watching the game.

As I have written previously, he is able to show enthusiasm for Town, but he certainly shows equal enthusiasm for the opposition most of the time. I personally wish that he didn't do it, but I do not pretend that he doesn't.

Where has anyone pretended that he doesn't though, I think every Ipswich fan can appreciate that he reacts when the opposition score.

But you are painting him out to be a bad commentator. Which he is not, he is a good football commentator.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 11:08 - Nov 21 with 4316 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:54 - Nov 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

Where has anyone pretended that he doesn't though, I think every Ipswich fan can appreciate that he reacts when the opposition score.

But you are painting him out to be a bad commentator. Which he is not, he is a good football commentator.

"Where has anyone pretended that he doesn't though, I think every Ipswich fan can appreciate that he reacts when the opposition score."

Sorry. That comment was not specifically aimed at you. I think you appreciate the argument, and many others do too, but some on here do not want any criticism of BW at all.

I believe he is a bang average football commentator, but I am just one of "the great unwashed"
Login to get fewer ads

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 11:18 - Nov 21 with 4301 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 11:08 - Nov 21 by FrankfurtBlue

"Where has anyone pretended that he doesn't though, I think every Ipswich fan can appreciate that he reacts when the opposition score."

Sorry. That comment was not specifically aimed at you. I think you appreciate the argument, and many others do too, but some on here do not want any criticism of BW at all.

I believe he is a bang average football commentator, but I am just one of "the great unwashed"

That wasn't his finest moment it must be said.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 13:16 - Nov 21 with 4257 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:40 - Nov 21 by FrankfurtBlue

You're talking nonsense mate. He definitely shows more enthusiasm for Town goals. I think your disappointment at the time is clouding your judgement.

A neutral listening would definitely say he favours Town.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 13:28 - Nov 21 with 4229 viewsJimmyJazz

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 13:16 - Nov 21 by BrixtonBlue

You're talking nonsense mate. He definitely shows more enthusiasm for Town goals. I think your disappointment at the time is clouding your judgement.

Not sure i agree that commentators must be unbiased, when it's commentary from a localised source. For example when England play do you want the commentators to be unbiased. The commentators want England to win, as do the majority of viewers. So it's surely the same for a local radio station to have commentators who want the local team to win - and therefore the commentary is better if that bias is reflected

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 13:31 - Nov 21 with 4228 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 13:16 - Nov 21 by BrixtonBlue

You're talking nonsense mate. He definitely shows enthusiasm for Town goals. I think something is definitely clouding your judgement.

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 13:36 - Nov 21 with 4218 viewsjonbull88

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:17 - Nov 21 by FrankfurtBlue

He is a football commentator working for the bbc who before taking on the job more than 10 years ago had no affiliation to ITFC. I think if you don’t like BW you need to listen to other local commentators, IMO BW is excellent compared to some. After all he wasn’t originally a town fan but has seen most games over the last 10+ years. Not many fans can even claim that.
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 13:43 - Nov 21 with 4206 viewsSwailsey

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 13:31 - Nov 21 by FrankfurtBlue

You're talking nonsense mate. He definitely shows enthusiasm for Town goals. I think something is definitely clouding your judgement.

Ok.

I’ve been able to name countless examples of how he has been excited, happy and ‘for’ Ipswich.

I keep hearing about all these other cases where he isn’t, so please, list them.

Give specific examples. Games. Goals. Players. As I have been able to do.

If he’s so much more against town than for them, I imagine it would be easier for you than it was for me, so I expect 15+ examples peeze.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 14:34 - Nov 21 with 4180 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 13:43 - Nov 21 by Swailsey

Ok.

I’ve been able to name countless examples of how he has been excited, happy and ‘for’ Ipswich.

I keep hearing about all these other cases where he isn’t, so please, list them.

Give specific examples. Games. Goals. Players. As I have been able to do.

If he’s so much more against town than for them, I imagine it would be easier for you than it was for me, so I expect 15+ examples peeze.

Isn't communication great? The use of common enough words and expressions doesn't seem to inhibit some people from misunderstanding what you actually wrote, does it?

So, chrisswailes, please go back through my posts here and point out to me where I wrote about "all these other cases where BW wasn't excited, happy and 'for' Ipswich", and where I wrote that "BW is so much more against Town than for them".
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 14:42 - Nov 21 with 4175 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 13:36 - Nov 21 by jonbull88

He is a football commentator working for the bbc who before taking on the job more than 10 years ago had no affiliation to ITFC. I think if you don’t like BW you need to listen to other local commentators, IMO BW is excellent compared to some. After all he wasn’t originally a town fan but has seen most games over the last 10+ years. Not many fans can even claim that.

Never wrote that I didn't like him. I simply don't think he is a great football commentator and he gets too excited for the opposition for my liking. Fans pay to go to games, whereas he gets paid. Hardly a valid comparison, is it?
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 14:46 - Nov 21 with 4169 viewsSwailsey

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 14:34 - Nov 21 by FrankfurtBlue

Isn't communication great? The use of common enough words and expressions doesn't seem to inhibit some people from misunderstanding what you actually wrote, does it?

So, chrisswailes, please go back through my posts here and point out to me where I wrote about "all these other cases where BW wasn't excited, happy and 'for' Ipswich", and where I wrote that "BW is so much more against Town than for them".

So that’s a no then. Gotcha.

Arguments need evidence do they not?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 14:52 - Nov 21 with 4157 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 14:46 - Nov 21 by Swailsey

So that’s a no then. Gotcha.

Arguments need evidence do they not?

Not sure how I can make this any clearer for you, but using your own point, "Arguments need evidence do they not?", could you show me where I actually wrote what you think I wrote?
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 14:57 - Nov 21 with 4153 viewsSwailsey

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 14:52 - Nov 21 by FrankfurtBlue

Not sure how I can make this any clearer for you, but using your own point, "Arguments need evidence do they not?", could you show me where I actually wrote what you think I wrote?

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not, but apologies if my paraphrasing of you before wasn't acceptable.

Please can you provide evidence for the following points, which you raised:

"simply gets excited whenever there is a goal or goal action in a match, regardless of which team?"

"he gets as enthusiastic about the opposition as he does about Town"

"go back to the commentaries of Terry Baxter or Bryan Knights for evidence of how a commentary sounds from someone that truly cares about "their" club"

"his enthusiasm for the opposition, leads me to wishing..."

"I think he is equally capable of showing similar emotions for the opposition"

" I simply wish that he was not as enthusiastic about the opposition attacks or goals as he is about those of the Town"

"he certainly shows equal enthusiasm for the opposition most of the time"

For each of the above, please can you name specific examples, which have caused you to feel this way, or are you just peddling a lazy myth which I am yet to see any evidence or justification for?

Can you find any examples of him being as enthusiastic about an opposition goal, as the examples I gave on page 1?

I don't know why I'm doing this.

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 15:47 - Nov 21 with 4133 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 14:57 - Nov 21 by Swailsey

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not, but apologies if my paraphrasing of you before wasn't acceptable.

"simply gets excited whenever there is a goal or goal action in a match, regardless of which team?"

"go back to the commentaries of Terry Baxter or Bryan Knights for evidence of how a commentary sounds from someone that truly cares about "their" club"

" I simply wish that he was not as enthusiastic about the opposition attacks or goals as he is about those of the Town"

For each of the above, please can you name specific examples, which have caused you to feel this way, or are you just peddling a lazy myth which I am yet to see any evidence or justification for?

Can you find any examples of him being as enthusiastic about an opposition goal, as the examples I gave on page 1?

So, you will note that the common theme from me was that he gets too enthusiastic about opposition attacks and goals. Contrary to what you stated, I did not write that BW is not enthusiastic about Town. Got it now?

One that stuck in my memory from this season was the Posh away game.
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 15:51 - Nov 21 with 4128 viewsSwailsey

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 15:47 - Nov 21 by FrankfurtBlue

So, you will note that the common theme from me was that he gets too enthusiastic about opposition attacks and goals. Contrary to what you stated, I did not write that BW is not enthusiastic about Town. Got it now?

One that stuck in my memory from this season was the Posh away game.

Whatever helps you sleep at night baby.

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 16:07 - Nov 21 with 4117 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 15:51 - Nov 21 by Swailsey

Whatever helps you sleep at night baby.

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 16:19 - Nov 21 with 4108 viewsPositivelyPortman

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 22:27 - Nov 20 by BrixtonBlue

Maybe it's true and maybe you need to grow a pair.

Ooooooooo hard man Brixton.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 17:15 - Nov 21 with 4081 viewsGeoffSentence

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 14:57 - Nov 21 by Swailsey

Haha!

Why are you doing it?

It does seem slightly odd to me that there are people who defend a football commentator from a little bit of criticism with such passion.

I guess that is the beautiful, quirky side of the internet.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 17:18 - Nov 21 with 4076 viewsSwailsey

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 17:15 - Nov 21 by GeoffSentence

Haha!

Why are you doing it?

It does seem slightly odd to me that there are people who defend a football commentator from a little bit of criticism with such passion.

I guess that is the beautiful, quirky side of the internet.

Just a bug-bear of mine.

I have no idea why, but I will die on this hill.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024