Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) 21:40 - Nov 20 with 12718 viewsSwailsey

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 18:32 - Nov 21 with 2158 viewstiptreeblue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 09:47 - Nov 21 by FrankfurtBlue

It is his job. He has been paid to watch Ipswich over the last 5+ years. That doesn't necessarily imply any great depth of feeling for Town, does it?

I think he is capable of showing emotions towards Town, but I think he is equally capable of showing similar emotions for the opposition. Am I and others imagining it all?.

Do you think he makes no mistakes then?

If I mute him, does that suddenly make him a good Town commentator?

Your point about him making mistakes, have you NEVER made a mistake doing your job?, Also, his job is off the cuff, whereas i am pretty sure you would be able to evaluate things before you make a decision.Also i am happy with him as a commentator, because i really don`t want somebody who is biased towards the town too much. as you wouldn`t really get the true picture of what is going on
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 18:47 - Nov 21 with 2146 viewsbaxterbasics

Downvoted thinking you were being serious.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 18:55 - Nov 21 with 2145 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Brenners good. absolutely no issue with his commentary. I can handle him not putting on a sad voice when opposition score. He loves Town. But he does his job properly. makes the times when he gets all passionate about a last min goal all the better that he is not just pure biased in his commentary.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 18:59 - Nov 21 with 2136 viewswkj

Brenner is a weird one for me, some times he just makes a game more miserable than it already is and sometimes seems more excitable when the opposition is on attack. My main source of criticism is when he has been negative in commentary about the game or games, but never seems prepared to convey that as a tough question in a press conference.

I wouldn't say he doesn't care, but think that there could be better people for the job in the local area.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 01:25 - Nov 22 with 2084 viewsCaptMickMills

As I live far from Ipswich I listen to many games via follow. I just don't get the criticism of Brenner who I think is an excellent local radio commentator. I have heard a lot worse.
Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 08:14 - Nov 22 with 2048 viewsitfcjoe

I think Brennar is really good, well informed and gets the picture across well. And often he is working with co-comms who don't offer much and he has to eke it out of them.

He clearly cares passionately about the town, and enjoys the wins and suffers the losses.

When you hear a lot of other local commentaries they can be really poor - I don't think Brennar ever is to that level from what I hear.

If I can't make an away game, I'll always listen on Suffolk, or watch on iFollow and neither leave me frustrated with the commentry

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 08:25 - Nov 22 with 2028 viewsSwailsey

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 08:14 - Nov 22 by itfcjoe

I think Brennar is really good, well informed and gets the picture across well. And often he is working with co-comms who don't offer much and he has to eke it out of them.

He clearly cares passionately about the town, and enjoys the wins and suffers the losses.

When you hear a lot of other local commentaries they can be really poor - I don't think Brennar ever is to that level from what I hear.

If I can't make an away game, I'll always listen on Suffolk, or watch on iFollow and neither leave me frustrated with the commentry

Very valid point re. co-commentators. I enjoy listening to Anderson but Brenner was having to nudge him a lot on Wednesday. I have a hard enough time knowing who my players are on Fifa, let alone a live match where you’re having to give your opinion and commentary.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:20 - Nov 22 with 1992 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 13:28 - Nov 21 by JimmyJazz

Not sure i agree that commentators must be unbiased, when it's commentary from a localised source. For example when England play do you want the commentators to be unbiased. The commentators want England to win, as do the majority of viewers. So it's surely the same for a local radio station to have commentators who want the local team to win - and therefore the commentary is better if that bias is reflected

Not for me, I just want to know what's happening.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:28 - Nov 22 with 1978 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 06:57 - Nov 21 by bluelagos

I'll never get tired of that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:30 - Nov 22 with 1978 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 17:18 - Nov 21 by Swailsey

Just a bug-bear of mine.

I have no idea why, but I will die on this hill.

Yeah, I'll come and die with you.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:47 - Nov 22 with 1966 viewsitfcjoe

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:30 - Nov 22 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah, I'll come and die with you.

See you there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:56 - Nov 22 with 1957 viewsSwailsey

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 18:47 - Nov 21 by baxterbasics

Downvoted thinking you were being serious.

You can always up-vote it to balance it and my brain out.

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:57 - Nov 22 with 1954 viewsSwailsey

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:47 - Nov 22 by itfcjoe

See you there

We can form a club.

So there's you, me, Dolly....anyone else?

I'll print t-shirts.

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:58 - Nov 22 with 1954 viewsWeWereZombies

I keep glancing at this thread title and wondering why Yul Brynner doesn't care...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 11:59 - Nov 22 with 1929 viewsGeoffSentence

Yeah Brenner doesn’t care... (n/t) on 10:28 - Nov 22 by Swansea_Blue

I'll never get tired of that.

Yeah, me too, love that. They think they have snatched a last second equaliser and then straight from the kick off - boom!.

What a great ball from Jamie Peters too.

Though even in that clip Brenner is urging Coventry on to have that one last chance

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024