Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bearded 80k shouty bloke on question time last night 13:00 - Nov 22 with 9286 viewsIllinoisblue

Where do they find these people?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bearded 80k shouty bloke on question time last night on 19:48 - Nov 22 with 404 viewsm14_blue

Bearded 80k shouty bloke on question time last night on 14:31 - Nov 22 by Bluefish

I would expect the top 5% to be 150-200k+ and 80k to be more like the top 15 or 20%

You’re either taking the p1ss or utterly, utterly detached from reality.
Bearded 80k shouty bloke on question time last night on 20:08 - Nov 22 with 386 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bearded 80k shouty bloke on question time last night on 16:53 - Nov 22 by Butterbing

you would have to look at the person earning £90000 and their circumstances. I’m assuming, although it had not been mentioned so far, that this person has a spouse or partner that doesn’t utilise their personal allowance. It is there to be used. Why could they not work and earn some tax-free income? It’s not great tax-planning but you also have to consider circumstances might mean that they are unable to work.

They may chose not to work because they maybe wouldn’t have to, what with £80k being a substantial salary and all that and plenty for two to live off modestly. Not that it would go far looking after a family of 4 in middle England. I could buy Merthyr with £80k though!

I do find it strange we’re have a discussion around whether £80k is a top salary. It obviously is. Household income is important too of course, but a slightly different issue.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024