Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
not a pen and og 22:44 - Nov 26 with 1409 viewsgazzer1999

Just seen the highlights on Sky, it was an og and not off Jackson so should have stood, depending on if the the lino flagged before it hit the defender. The trip by Chambers was outside the box so not a pen, however he could have and probably should have got a red as last man.
not a pen and og on 22:47 - Nov 26 with 1365 viewslmfcblue

The lino didn’t flag at all, Wycombe complained so much that the ref went to talk to the Lino about a good minute after the goal
not a pen and og on 22:48 - Nov 26 with 1342 viewsbluejacko

not a pen and og on 22:47 - Nov 26 by lmfcblue

The lino didn’t flag at all, Wycombe complained so much that the ref went to talk to the Lino about a good minute after the goal

Did we actually have a ref?
not a pen and og on 22:49 - Nov 26 with 1331 viewslongtimefan

I thought it went off both the defender and Jackson. But saying that I’m not convinced it was offside anyway. Freezing the video as the ball leaves Chamber’s head there is a pair of defenders boots on the 6 yard line behind those two. Jackson’s pink boots are also on the line at that instant.

Their penalty was definitely a foul outside the area.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 22:50]
not a pen and og on 22:50 - Nov 26 with 1315 viewscarlisleaway

not a pen and og on 22:48 - Nov 26 by bluejacko

Did we actually have a ref?

Did not see a flag from the Lino , you would get a quicker decision using VAR !!!!
not a pen and og on 22:51 - Nov 26 with 1308 viewsSuffolktractor

The Lino never did flag until 2 minutes later when told by the ref he was disallowing it. As you say their pen was outside the box, again the ref seemed totally unsure where the foul happened. The ref and linesman were the only two people in the ground not to see their player stop a goal bound shot with his hand in the first half. A more obvious penalty I am yet to see.
Yet in the second half when their defender cannons the ball against Jackson’s arm from about a foot away to leave Jackson through on goal, guess what? The ref saw that one!!
11 bookings in a game with hardly any bad tackles, what a joker.
not a pen and og on 22:51 - Nov 26 with 1308 viewsRegencyBlue

The referee was diabolical but the linesman in front of the Cobbold stand had a mare as well tonight!

I wouldn’t let either of them near a professional game again personally.
not a pen and og on 22:53 - Nov 26 with 1267 viewsSomethingBlue

The linesman did nothing for about half a minute — seems him and the ref invented their own League One version of VAR. Absolutely awful and they should be stood down for a couple of weeks after tonight. None of which is to excuse the other issues Town had tonight, obviously.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

not a pen and og on 22:53 - Nov 26 with 1247 viewsFtnfwest

not a pen and og on 22:51 - Nov 26 by Suffolktractor

The Lino never did flag until 2 minutes later when told by the ref he was disallowing it. As you say their pen was outside the box, again the ref seemed totally unsure where the foul happened. The ref and linesman were the only two people in the ground not to see their player stop a goal bound shot with his hand in the first half. A more obvious penalty I am yet to see.
Yet in the second half when their defender cannons the ball against Jackson’s arm from about a foot away to leave Jackson through on goal, guess what? The ref saw that one!!
11 bookings in a game with hardly any bad tackles, what a joker.

With the handball incident that means we did have a shot on target as well as the wrongly disallowed goal then?
Login to get fewer ads

not a pen and og on 22:54 - Nov 26 with 1242 viewsGeoffSentence

And Wycombe actually seemed to be complaining about a handball which there clearly wasnt.

If the ref and lino couldnt give an offside at the time the goal was scored I dont see how they could decide that it was a minute later.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

not a pen and og on 23:10 - Nov 26 with 1158 viewsEastTownBlue

The next time anyone says "you can tell by the reaction of the players", just think of this incident.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024