Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC bias (again) 13:16 - Dec 3 with 2741 viewsHerbivore

On the 1 o'clock news just now they broadcast a clip of Boris Johnson saying that Jeremy Corbyn wants to disband NATO. They did not challenge this claim, they simply broadcast it.

Here is the clip on their website: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/election-2019-50643229/boris-johnson-claims-jeremy

Now, it's clear from the text on that clip that they know Johnson's claim to be false. Labour's manifesto has a commitment to NATO in it. How can they then in good faith broadcast Johnson making such a claim on TV with no rebuttal? People watching the news have just been told a clear lie about Labour's position on NATO by the PM and it's been allowed to stand unchallenged. That is not responsible broadcasting.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 16:07]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

BBC bias (again) on 19:22 - Dec 3 with 585 viewslowhouseblue

BBC bias (again) on 19:17 - Dec 3 by Herbivore

You've actually lost it I think. You're incapable of addressing any points people raise anymore and I steady just respond with links to Guido or "but they lost" even though neither of those really relate to the posts you're responding to.

why is the 2017 defeat something to celebrate? and why aren't you more concerned that it looks like there'll be another defeat this time as well?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

BBC bias (again) on 19:28 - Dec 3 with 563 viewsHerbivore

BBC bias (again) on 19:22 - Dec 3 by lowhouseblue

why is the 2017 defeat something to celebrate? and why aren't you more concerned that it looks like there'll be another defeat this time as well?

I'm not celebrating it, but it fundamentally undermines your argument.

BBC bias (again) on 19:29 - Dec 3 with 561 viewsHARRY10

BBC bias (again) on 19:22 - Dec 3 by lowhouseblue

Defeat ?

The Tories entered what some would say was an uneccesary election, with a majority and 25 points ahead in the polls. They lost both, and with the help of Johnson look certain to let another poll lead slip and probably have to face a coalition government, with a possibility that fat boy might not be an MP on 13th Dec.

I expect the progressive parties won't see that as a defeat.
BBC bias (again) on 19:30 - Dec 3 with 563 viewsBackToRussia

BBC bias (again) on 18:33 - Dec 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

This whole BBC bias thing is ridiculous, they’ve regularly posted fact checks contradicting the claims of both major parties. Some coverage by nature is only going to contain snippets and not all will be covered in detailed

This myth seems to stemmed from a clip in which at worst the BBC were trying too hard to be balanced, rather than anything untoward

Rather embarrassing all round

Did you miss where they edited out people laughing at Boris? That's North Koreanesque.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

BBC bias (again) on 19:31 - Dec 3 with 557 viewsBackToRussia

BBC bias (again) on 19:29 - Dec 3 by HARRY10

Defeat ?

The Tories entered what some would say was an uneccesary election, with a majority and 25 points ahead in the polls. They lost both, and with the help of Johnson look certain to let another poll lead slip and probably have to face a coalition government, with a possibility that fat boy might not be an MP on 13th Dec.

Apparently that's not credible opposition somehow. But Milliband was? It's all rather confusing.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

BBC bias (again) on 19:35 - Dec 3 with 544 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

BBC bias (again) on 19:30 - Dec 3 by BackToRussia

Did you miss where they edited out people laughing at Boris? That's North Koreanesque.

That’s what I was referring to with my ‘at worst’ comment

The BBC were hardly shy of highlighting the audience response in any of their other coverage, or indeed Boris’ lies during that debate, so it’s a very strange type of bias if so

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

BBC bias (again) on 19:40 - Dec 3 with 534 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

BBC bias (again) on 19:29 - Dec 3 by HARRY10

Defeat ?

The Tories still ended up with more seats and formed the government, so yes Labour lost. Hilarious than anyone claims otherwise

If Labour are able to get enough seats to form a coalition government this time around then that will of course be a win. However that remains a very hopeful ‘probably’ at this stage

BBC bias (again) on 19:41 - Dec 3 with 530 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

BBC bias (again) on 19:31 - Dec 3 by BackToRussia

Apparently that's not credible opposition somehow. But Milliband was? It's all rather confusing.

When has anyone claimed Milliband was credible opposition? He lost badly and was subsequently ousted as he was a completely uninspiring leader, quite obviously

Login to get fewer ads

BBC bias (again) on 20:05 - Dec 3 with 500 viewsjaykay

BBC bias (again) on 18:38 - Dec 3 by lowhouseblue

let's wait and see.

i'm not sure losing 6 - 1 is really much better than losing 6 - 0. both involve losing.

this is the easiest election for an opposition to win. how can they not beat boris? i know, i know, it's all the fault of the people who refuse to vote for them.

6- 1 you say i would say 1- nil. that was when all the polls , and you and several posters on election night said it was going to be 9- nil. one poster was saying labour were going to be wiped out and lose the election by 100 seats. but next day suddenly you and the other experts on here said labour would have won with a better leader. talk about changing your minds to look as if you knew what you were talking about

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

BBC bias (again) on 20:10 - Dec 4 with 412 viewsGlasgowBlue

BBC bias (again) on 15:49 - Dec 3 by lowhouseblue

there you go:

https://order-order.com/2019/12/03/happy-birthday-nato-jeremy-corbyn/

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

BBC bias (again) on 20:24 - Dec 4 with 398 viewsNthsuffolkblue

BBC bias (again) on 19:40 - Dec 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The Tories still ended up with more seats and formed the government, so yes Labour lost. Hilarious than anyone claims otherwise

If Labour are able to get enough seats to form a coalition government this time around then that will of course be a win. However that remains a very hopeful ‘probably’ at this stage

There is no chance Labour will form a coalition government. Neither Conservative nor LibDem will work with them.

That leaves the likelihood of another Tory coalition or some form of minority government if the Tories do not win.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

BBC bias (again) on 10:56 - Dec 5 with 359 viewsHerbivore

This is interesting from Norman Smith, it's meant to be a brief summary of the parties' latest campaign pledges
There is zero critique of the Conservatives - despite nobody believing that Brexit will be 'done' in any meaningful sense within 100 days - and this is in sharp contrast to Labour and the Lib Dems. There's quite a positive spin on the Tories, focusing on people saving £85 a year in NI, whilst the reporting on Labour and the Lib Dems has a much more negative slant on it. Is this fair and equitable reporting? I'm not so sure it is.

"Conservatives: Within 100 days, it's going to be crash, bang, wallop - they're going to be doing all sorts of things once they've got Brexit done. This will include the first increase in the National Insurance threshold in a "Brexit budget" in February, saving taxpayers £85 a year, introducing a whole load of pieces of legislation, and finally getting on with that review into social care.

Labour: It's interesting they're still bringing out big policy and spending pledges, just a week away from election day. One of the bits of feedback on the doorstep is people are just a bit cautious about all the things Labour are promising. Some Labour folks are saying this is a bit of a confusing message, there doesn't seem to be a simple narrative to say "this is what we're about".

Lib Dems: They're trying to present themselves as the party for business, today, unveiling a £17bn research and development fund for business. But Jo Swinson is having to face questions following on from her BBC Andrew Neil interview last night, in which she apologised for some of the decisions she'd taken during the coaltion years. Some polls have suggested that the more voters see her, the less they like her."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024