Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What frightens me about this Hull question time... 23:20 - Dec 5 with 1253 viewsunstableblue

..... is that quite a number of the audience keep saying we voted to leave, and leave means leave, and berating the Labour for not executing 'the will of the people'.... "the ballot paper said leave or remain, I voted leave, now implement it"

And yet none of the panel, or Fiona, don't SHOUT back at them and say "its not f@ckin binary", and "its really f@ckin complex", "you're f@ckin stupid" - "did you vote for the break up of the union", "did you vote for a border in the irish sea", "do you think that we've even begun the exit process"

Arghhhh

I'm not fan of a federal Europe, but this pandering and acceptance of these people who were duped into thinking Project Leave was some easy thing to implement is just getting tiring. Why is everyone so scared of calling out the truth of the matter.

Especially as its now all about new massive funding for NHS, that will rely on a buoyant economy and health workers being incentivised to come to the UK.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What frightens me about this Hull question time... on 23:24 - Dec 5 with 1217 viewsElderGrizzly

Even worse is those saying we know what we voted for and the details of what leave meant.

Even now we don’t know what leave means so how did Bob from Hull know 3 years ago?

F*ckwits
What frightens me about this Hull question time... on 23:37 - Dec 5 with 1169 viewsHARRY10

I think that many have given up on tryiong to ppoint out the sheer stupidity of constantly bleating out 'leave means leave'.

It is like trying to reason with someone who believes we can speak to the dead. That Uncle Percy has just said that he is ok, but he has to go now....

....before anyone starts to ask more probing questions.

A few quotes from Josheph Goebbels might point to how these sheep have been so easily manipulated

"Arguments must therefore be crude, clear and forcible, and appeal to emotions and instincts, not the intellect. Truth was unimportant and entirely subordinate to tactics and psychology."

"There is no need for propaganda to be rich in intellectual content."

" ...the rank and file are usually much more primitive than we imagine. Propaganda must therefore always be essentially simple and repetitious".

Rather disturbing how close it is to the current form of propaganda.
What frightens me about this Hull question time... on 23:47 - Dec 5 with 1131 viewsJ2BLUE

Quite a few don't understand what democracy means either.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What frightens me about this Hull question time... on 23:57 - Dec 5 with 1113 viewsmo_itfc

What frightens me about this Hull question time... on 23:47 - Dec 5 by J2BLUE

Quite a few don't understand what democracy means either.

Let's say a few years ago the question was asked:
Should we sack Mick McCarthy?
There would be a time where the majority would yes, we should sack him.
How about instead, asking:
Should we sack Mick McCarthy and replace him with me?
I'd expect a huge majority in favour against that...

This isnt an issue about understanding democracy...
This is an issue with asking a simple question when the answer needed isnt simple!

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

What frightens me about this Hull question time... on 00:43 - Dec 6 with 1028 viewsRoyal_Blue

What frightens me about this Hull question time... on 23:57 - Dec 5 by mo_itfc

Let's say a few years ago the question was asked:
Should we sack Mick McCarthy?
There would be a time where the majority would yes, we should sack him.
How about instead, asking:
Should we sack Mick McCarthy and replace him with me?
I'd expect a huge majority in favour against that...

This isnt an issue about understanding democracy...
This is an issue with asking a simple question when the answer needed isnt simple!

Nobody voted for Brexit. Was not on the ballot paper. Johnson and mogg et al voted against leave as agreed by Theresa. That was leave, that the quitters voted for.
What frightens me about this Hull question time... on 06:53 - Dec 6 with 848 viewsBlueBadger

The problem is that Brexit is now a religion for some and simply saying 'it's a lot more complicated than that' is tantamount to blasphemy. Plus, no-one wants to admit they've been conned, do they?

I've patiently explained to people what it's already doing to NHS staffing for example and they've nodded along and made appalled noises and gone 'blimey, I never thought of that' and then declared, even though sometimes, that lack of staffing is proving detrimental to their loved ones, still carried on insisting 'we need to leave, we had a vote'.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 6:56]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What frightens me about this Hull question time... on 07:01 - Dec 6 with 823 viewsm14_blue

What frightens me about this Hull question time... on 06:53 - Dec 6 by BlueBadger

The problem is that Brexit is now a religion for some and simply saying 'it's a lot more complicated than that' is tantamount to blasphemy. Plus, no-one wants to admit they've been conned, do they?

I've patiently explained to people what it's already doing to NHS staffing for example and they've nodded along and made appalled noises and gone 'blimey, I never thought of that' and then declared, even though sometimes, that lack of staffing is proving detrimental to their loved ones, still carried on insisting 'we need to leave, we had a vote'.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 6:56]

It’s back to that great Mark Twain quote:

“It’s easier to fool someone than to convince them they’ve been fooled.”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024