Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal 20:48 - Dec 6 with 717 viewsMalcolmBlue

The vast majority of this oven ready deal was actually negotiated by Olly Robbins and Theresa May...last time I checked they were remainers. So if they can deliver and produce this now "brilliant deal," why can't someone who is "neutral"?

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 20:51 - Dec 6 with 691 viewsgordon

That's the kind of clever response that would be lovely to hear from the opposition leader.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 20:51]
Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 20:53 - Dec 6 with 677 viewsWD19

Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 20:51 - Dec 6 by gordon

That's the kind of clever response that would be lovely to hear from the opposition leader.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 20:51]

Don’t worry, one way or another we will have a competent one in a few weeks time.
Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 21:07 - Dec 6 with 634 viewsgordon

Christ - When Johnson says Brexit is a drag-anchor on the British economy, why on earth doesn't Corbyn point out that Johnson is responsible for the whole thing?

That was a Ronny Rosenthal-esque open goal missed.
Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 21:11 - Dec 6 with 617 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

In fairness, it did take ages to get that deal though, and Corbyn promised it in 3 months...

But yes it’s a fairly nonsense line of attack

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 21:24 - Dec 6 with 579 viewsMalcolmBlue

Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 21:07 - Dec 6 by gordon

Christ - When Johnson says Brexit is a drag-anchor on the British economy, why on earth doesn't Corbyn point out that Johnson is responsible for the whole thing?

Exactly this whole situation is infuriating. Johnson has somehow managed to get away with creating an alternative reality where the Conservatives aren't responsible for anything even though they're in power and have been for the best part of a decade...and people are so blinded by Brexit they overlook this fact in order for Brexit to happen. (The greatest irony of all is that these same Brexit cheerleaders are even willing to see the break up of the union yet in the next breath they claim to also support the Conservative and Unionist Party).

Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 21:32 - Dec 6 with 558 viewsfactual_blue

I think you meant to say 'Sir Oliver Robbins is an impartial Senior Civil Servant, interested only in delivering Government policy'*

*Whilst making clear to politicians what Government policy actually means for longer-term British interests.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 21:54 - Dec 6 with 517 viewsWicklowBlue

Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 21:07 - Dec 6 by gordon

Imho if we compare the debate to boxing Corbyn had numerous chances to land a knockout blow or at least put Johnson on the backfoot. Just in terms of this singular debate I don't think Corbyn managed it, felt he was playing safe or simply put not aggressive enough.

Also I felt the debate was heavily sided in terms of air time for Boris. For example the Islamaphobia question posed to Boris, then following his answer a different question was posed to Corbyn namely anti-Semitism. Surely a well chaired debate poses the same question to all the participants not incorporating elements of one Leaders answer to another.
Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 21:55 - Dec 6 with 514 viewsMalcolmBlue

Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 21:54 - Dec 6 by WicklowBlue

Imho if we compare the debate to boxing Corbyn had numerous chances to land a knockout blow or at least put Johnson on the backfoot. Just in terms of this singular debate I don't think Corbyn managed it, felt he was playing safe or simply put not aggressive enough.

Also I felt the debate was heavily sided in terms of air time for Boris. For example the Islamaphobia question posed to Boris, then following his answer a different question was posed to Corbyn namely anti-Semitism. Surely a well chaired debate poses the same question to all the participants not incorporating elements of one Leaders answer to another.

Spot on

Login to get fewer ads

Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 22:06 - Dec 6 with 492 viewsLeoMuff

And the fact that every economist says we will be worse off economically for years at best after brexit.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 01:18 - Dec 7 with 419 viewsBlueBadger

People occasionally wonder why, despite 99% of my expressed views on here, I don't rate the Dear Leader - this is why. In his tenure, we've had progressively more incompetent Tory PMs and he's never, ever landed a knockout blow on any of them or gained an approval rating within the general public Bearing in mind he's faced off against a public schoolboy who f*cked a pig, a vicar's daughter lacking any kind of christian generosity to her fellow humans and a barefaced lying incompetent who's conspired with foreign nazis, that's quite the achievement.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 01:19 - Dec 7 with 417 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 01:18 - Dec 7 by BlueBadger

People occasionally wonder why, despite 99% of my expressed views on here, I don't rate the Dear Leader - this is why. In his tenure, we've had progressively more incompetent Tory PMs and he's never, ever landed a knockout blow on any of them or gained an approval rating within the general public Bearing in mind he's faced off against a public schoolboy who f*cked a pig, a vicar's daughter lacking any kind of christian generosity to her fellow humans and a barefaced lying incompetent who's conspired with foreign nazis, that's quite the achievement.

I'm drunk, angry and had a f*cker of a dayshift, why won't anybody fight me?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 07:06 - Dec 7 with 366 viewsWD19

Johnson asking how can Corbyn on how can he deliver on negotiating a deal on 01:19 - Dec 7 by BlueBadger

I'm drunk, angry and had a f*cker of a dayshift, why won't anybody fight me?

Because you are entirely right and there is nothing to dispute.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024