Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB 18:19 - Dec 14 with 1186 viewsSouperJim

Yes he has played there, but in a narrow 4-3-3, with nobody in front of him on that side of the pitch, he's about the least capable player in our squad of getting up and down the pitch. Skuse would have struggled to do that job 10 years ago. Utterly ridiculous to put him through that.

Compare him to Garbutt in terms of athletic ability. Utterly ridiculous. The only player capable of actually doing that job justice in a 4-3-3 is KVY. Even if Donacien had been fit, it would have been a very tough day for him. But Skuse? Play anybody there but Skuse. Play the boy. Play Wolfie. Hell, even play Nsiala.

Absurd. Terrible terrible decision from Lambert and he needs to take some responsibility. The players are doing their best for him but his decision making at the moment is awful.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 20:50 - Dec 14 with 1099 viewsWickets

Yup as i have said on another thread after about 5 seasons of playing defensive midfield he has suddenly got to turn himself into a wingback at the drop of a hat . Toto in at centre back Wolfie over to wingback Simples .
Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 20:51 - Dec 14 with 1094 viewspointofblue

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 20:50 - Dec 14 by Wickets

Yup as i have said on another thread after about 5 seasons of playing defensive midfield he has suddenly got to turn himself into a wingback at the drop of a hat . Toto in at centre back Wolfie over to wingback Simples .

I don’t think we would have been any better off playing Nsiala at centre back to be fair - not defensively anyway. Not sure if Woolfenden can cross?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 20:55 - Dec 14 with 1075 viewsWickets

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 20:51 - Dec 14 by pointofblue

I don’t think we would have been any better off playing Nsiala at centre back to be fair - not defensively anyway. Not sure if Woolfenden can cross?

Not saying it would have been ideal but as Donacian dropped out late must have been the better option for me as Toto is a centre back and Wolfie played many games at right back last season for Swindon .
Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 21:13 - Dec 14 with 1050 viewsbazgammon

i'm not Skuse's biggest fan but he was hung out to dry Lambert playing him at RB, serves Lambert right for giving Emmanuel to Bolton for nothing when he was more than capable of being KVD's stand in. Lambert is showing himself totally unsure of his best team or formation. This is a terrible league and we are making a pigs ear out of it because of the manager messing and tinkering.. Wycombe are 7 points clear! We should be the ones walking this but reality is due to Lambert's Russian roulette we might not even make the playoffs. Cue, we are still 2nd comments, fact is we should be winning the league with this squad after the August and September we had. it will be interesting where we are in January with the run we are currently in.

Poll: Lambert

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 21:16 - Dec 14 with 1039 viewspointofblue

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 20:55 - Dec 14 by Wickets

Not saying it would have been ideal but as Donacian dropped out late must have been the better option for me as Toto is a centre back and Wolfie played many games at right back last season for Swindon .

If Cotter hadn’t had a horrendous performance on Tuesday I wonder if he’d have been given a chance today?

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 21:20 - Dec 14 with 1024 viewsWickets

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 21:16 - Dec 14 by pointofblue

If Cotter hadn’t had a horrendous performance on Tuesday I wonder if he’d have been given a chance today?

Actually my son said that on the way home and must say i agree.
Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 21:31 - Dec 14 with 981 viewsKeaneish

I’d rather he started than bring Nsiala in and push Wolfenden out there. That was the only real alternative given KVY, Donacien and Edwards were all out. Not much PL could do is there other than play 3-4-3

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 21:38 - Dec 14 with 956 viewsWickets

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 21:31 - Dec 14 by Keaneish

I’d rather he started than bring Nsiala in and push Wolfenden out there. That was the only real alternative given KVY, Donacien and Edwards were all out. Not much PL could do is there other than play 3-4-3

Well that fine if thats what you would do , i see it different but the annoying point for me is the stick the bloke is getting .
Login to get fewer ads

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 21:40 - Dec 14 with 948 viewsPilgrimblue

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 21:31 - Dec 14 by Keaneish

Yes play 352 and give some width so support the TWO strikers. We were far too narrow and relied on two strikers to feed Keane. When crosses were delivered there was only one to receive them. Actually Jackson isn’t that bad out wide as he can get past the RB and cross but he’s not a 9.
Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 21:44 - Dec 14 with 934 viewspointofblue

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 21:40 - Dec 14 by Pilgrimblue

Yes play 352 and give some width so support the TWO strikers. We were far too narrow and relied on two strikers to feed Keane. When crosses were delivered there was only one to receive them. Actually Jackson isn’t that bad out wide as he can get past the RB and cross but he’s not a 9.

The issue is none of our wingers are much good, even counting the suspended Edwards and injured Rowe. Georgiou disappeared in his last start, Judge is out of position there... we might as well try Dobra and El Mizouni at this rate. And we tend to be outnumbered in the box even when we do play wingers with two up front.

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 21:48 - Dec 14 with 917 viewsKeaneish

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 21:40 - Dec 14 by Pilgrimblue

352? Who are the wide-midfielders / wing-backs? Georgiou and Judge were the only options. Doesn’t exactly inspire confidence for me.

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 21:52 - Dec 14 with 906 viewsPilgrimblue

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 21:48 - Dec 14 by Keaneish

352? Who are the wide-midfielders / wing-backs? Georgiou and Judge were the only options. Doesn’t exactly inspire confidence for me.

Well that’s what he’s got!
Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 22:03 - Dec 14 with 884 viewsKeaneish

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 21:52 - Dec 14 by Pilgrimblue

But then who do you change the game with if you need to? I think he called it right today. The painful irony is that with all this resting, we’re down to our 5th choice right-back!

🤣

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 22:12 - Dec 14 with 868 viewsEireannach_gorm

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 21:52 - Dec 14 by Pilgrimblue

McGeady is available but he may be looking for big wages.

https://www.the42.ie/mcgeady-told-he-can-leave-sunderland-4930210-Dec2019/
Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 22:14 - Dec 14 with 864 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I have more issue with him playing 3 strikers than Skuse at RB.

With Donacien unavailable he had to play someone there. Probably it would have been better to go with Kenlock or Garbutt or maybe play Skuse in the centre of a back 3 with the other two as wing backs.

The problem with the 3 up front is that they seemed not to work together and then we didn't have another option on the bench at all.

Also, while our defence lost us the game, we also created more than enough to win it. Garbutt's poor corners, Keane (I think it was) hitting the bar from 3 yards and Nolan failing to get a free header on target all didn't help.

We need to get back to winning ways asap. Our current form is a worry.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 22:23 - Dec 14 with 836 viewsKeaneish

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 22:14 - Dec 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

With Donacien unavailable he had to play someone there. Probably it would have been better to go with Kenlock or Garbutt or maybe play Skuse in the centre of a back 3 with the other two as wing backs.

The problem with the 3 up front is that they seemed not to work together and then we didn't have another option on the bench at all.

Also, while our defence lost us the game, we also created more than enough to win it. Garbutt's poor corners, Keane (I think it was) hitting the bar from 3 yards and Nolan failing to get a free header on target all didn't help.

Was Norwood offside when he hit the bar? The link had his flag but wasn’t sure if that was for the next phase of play or not.

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 22:24 - Dec 14 with 829 viewspointofblue

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 22:14 - Dec 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think the three up front will grow if they're given the chance to work together and grow and understanding - there were hints of their abilities today and familiarity will help. With the lack of wide options in midfield I think Jackson, Keane and Norwood are our best options at the moment.

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 22:42 - Dec 14 with 777 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 22:24 - Dec 14 by pointofblue

I think the three up front will grow if they're given the chance to work together and grow and understanding - there were hints of their abilities today and familiarity will help. With the lack of wide options in midfield I think Jackson, Keane and Norwood are our best options at the moment.

Fair enough if they are training that way (which they gave no impression of today) but they also need another option on the bench, be that Roberts, Sears or Morris if they are soon fit or something else. It is no good throwing all our options in from the start without any plan for how to change things.

I might have preferred if Jackson had played wide and the other two together up top. The problem then would be who goes wide on the other side - Rowe or even Judge instead of Nolan, perhaps?

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 22:52 - Dec 14 with 747 viewspointofblue

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 22:42 - Dec 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Fair enough if they are training that way (which they gave no impression of today) but they also need another option on the bench, be that Roberts, Sears or Morris if they are soon fit or something else. It is no good throwing all our options in from the start without any plan for how to change things.

I might have preferred if Jackson had played wide and the other two together up top. The problem then would be who goes wide on the other side - Rowe or even Judge instead of Nolan, perhaps?

Unless you risk Jackson on the right, Garbutt on the left and putting Kenlock at left back in a 4-4-2. But then you have the latter's struggles of late, albeit he looked more stable at the start of the season with Garbutt in front.

I would probably put Roberts on the bench at this stage until Sears is back.

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 23:01 - Dec 14 with 720 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 22:52 - Dec 14 by pointofblue

Unless you risk Jackson on the right, Garbutt on the left and putting Kenlock at left back in a 4-4-2. But then you have the latter's struggles of late, albeit he looked more stable at the start of the season with Garbutt in front.

I would probably put Roberts on the bench at this stage until Sears is back.

Agreed. The players missing give Lambert a headache he could do without but I think he should have been able to come up with a better solution than the one he did.

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 23:12 - Dec 14 with 688 viewspointofblue

Lambo has lost the plot, Skuse is not a RB on 23:01 - Dec 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Agreed. The players missing give Lambert a headache he could do without but I think he should have been able to come up with a better solution than the one he did.

From his post-match comments it looked like Lambert changed more than one thing due to Donacien's absence - it'd be interesting to know what his plan was. I don't think it really affected the performance as I thought it was our best hour, attacking-wise, of the season but defensively we were a shambles.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024