Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Extinction rebellion.... 17:36 - Jan 10 with 3104 viewsbluelagos

On train, sh1t WiFi. Can't link.

But appears they were classified by the police as having "extremist" views ref the prevent programme.

Wtf?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 17:47]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Extinction rebellion.... on 10:34 - Jan 11 with 750 viewsmonytowbray

Extinction rebellion.... on 02:08 - Jan 11 by Lord_Lucan

Ok, so let's pick the bones out of this. I accept that there is an environmental issue of sorts but the claims that the earth will be dead anytime soon is off the mark - and you and others have swallowed it hook line and sinker - and as to how much of this issue is man made is debatable.

The picture in the Guardian link of the yummy mummies with their little babies pretty much sums up the ER masses, bored bankers wives!

The solution to the environmental problem will be man made, probably by someone on £80k driving a Range Rover and not some lentil eating weirdo.

IMHO of course.

Edit; I have just been giving this matter some serious thought and I have changed my opinion slightly inasmuch as man is probably doing a fair bit of damage to mother earth. I suppose I get a bit narky when I see all the yuppy protesters because I genuinely believe many of them just want to look cool or they have nothing better to do, it's a lifestyle thing for them.

The problem with the planet isn't so much global footprint and all that b0llocks, the problem is deforestation - particularly the Amazon Rainforest.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 2:57]

Never believe what the press tell you about protesters. ER is a huge movement from all walks of life. Having money doesn’t mean you aren’t allowed to fight for better things or to save things.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Extinction rebellion.... on 10:42 - Jan 11 with 744 viewsLord_Lucan

Extinction rebellion.... on 10:34 - Jan 11 by monytowbray

Never believe what the press tell you about protesters. ER is a huge movement from all walks of life. Having money doesn’t mean you aren’t allowed to fight for better things or to save things.

I don't believe anything I read in the press anyway,

I wash my own brains thank you very much. Give it a go.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Extinction rebellion.... on 11:00 - Jan 11 with 736 viewsNthQldITFC

Ok, so let's pick the bones out of this. I accept that there is an environmental issue of sorts but the claims that the earth will be dead anytime soon is off the mark - and you and others have swallowed it hook line and sinker - and as to how much of this issue is man made is debatable.

The picture in the Guardian link of the yummy mummies with their little babies pretty much sums up the ER masses, bored bankers wives!

The solution to the environmental problem will be man made, probably by someone on £80k driving a Range Rover and not some lentil eating weirdo.

IMHO of course.

Edit; I have just been giving this matter some serious thought and I have changed my opinion slightly inasmuch as man is probably doing a fair bit of damage to mother earth. I suppose I get a bit narky when I see all the yuppy protesters because I genuinely believe many of them just want to look cool or they have nothing better to do, it's a lifestyle thing for them.

The problem with the planet isn't so much global footprint and all that b0llocks, the problem is deforestation - particularly the Amazon Rainforest.

We have more choice though than between 'dead anytime soon' and do nothing. The evidence of accelerated extinction rates across all parts of the tree of life, and the impact of humans directly through habitat destruction, pollution, etc, and indirectly through greenhouse gas emissions is overwhelming.

Any 'solutions' except the really radical and involuntary ones look tenuous to say the least, but we all have to ask ourselves, should we be doing the best we can, with absolutely everything at stake?

Getting wound up by the imagery of who's doing what and how is understandable but egotistical and highly counter-productive.

Deforestation is one major issue, but there are many others, arguably just as critical.

I'm addressing some of these comments back at myself, as well as at your post, because I recognise I need to give this matter some more serious thought too.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Extinction rebellion.... on 11:50 - Jan 11 with 711 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Extinction rebellion.... on 11:00 - Jan 11 by NthQldITFC

We have more choice though than between 'dead anytime soon' and do nothing. The evidence of accelerated extinction rates across all parts of the tree of life, and the impact of humans directly through habitat destruction, pollution, etc, and indirectly through greenhouse gas emissions is overwhelming.

Any 'solutions' except the really radical and involuntary ones look tenuous to say the least, but we all have to ask ourselves, should we be doing the best we can, with absolutely everything at stake?

Getting wound up by the imagery of who's doing what and how is understandable but egotistical and highly counter-productive.

Deforestation is one major issue, but there are many others, arguably just as critical.

I'm addressing some of these comments back at myself, as well as at your post, because I recognise I need to give this matter some more serious thought too.

A little gem from a R4 documentary....the HFC's that replaced CFCs in aerosols etc due to the ozone hole are a greenhouse gas massively worse than CO2....it is almost like scientists, business and governments are winging it.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Extinction rebellion.... on 12:04 - Jan 11 with 703 viewsmonytowbray

Extinction rebellion.... on 10:42 - Jan 11 by Lord_Lucan

I don't believe anything I read in the press anyway,

I wash my own brains thank you very much. Give it a go.

What do I need to wash my brains from exactly?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:31 - Jan 17 with 602 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It gets worse....
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/17/greenpeace-included-with-neo-naz

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:57 - Jan 17 with 587 viewsHARRY10

IMHO of course.

an almost full house of cliches there

the concerns and evidence can be conveniently dismissed because certain groups are supposedly 'jumping on the bandwagon'

thankfully the overwhelmong majority are paying heed to the message, not bleating about who are involved in that message

perhaps you feel this is all being forced upon you so you have to hit back in some way

odd folk, you rightwingers
Extinction rebellion.... on 19:28 - Jan 17 with 570 viewsSwansea_Blue

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:31 - Jan 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

It gets worse....
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/17/greenpeace-included-with-neo-naz

Greenpeace too.

I reckon they should add football stewards - they’re far more vindictive than a few groups on that list!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Extinction rebellion.... on 08:41 - Jan 18 with 496 viewsLord_Lucan

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:57 - Jan 17 by HARRY10

an almost full house of cliches there

the concerns and evidence can be conveniently dismissed because certain groups are supposedly 'jumping on the bandwagon'

thankfully the overwhelmong majority are paying heed to the message, not bleating about who are involved in that message

perhaps you feel this is all being forced upon you so you have to hit back in some way

odd folk, you rightwingers

How come I am a right winger?

You know nothing about me.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024