Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lamberts biggest fault 19:40 - Jan 10 with 2239 viewsTerra_Farma

He fails to acknowledge that we are totally bypassing our midfield, game in and game out.

It goes straight from defence and lumped up in a hopeful way into our forwards.

I'm not suggesting we play from the back at all times as we lack the quality, but at least pass some balls through to the midfield.

[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 19:41]
Lamberts biggest fault on 10:52 - Jan 11 with 374 viewsDubtractor

Lamberts biggest fault on 10:49 - Jan 11 by Herbivore

First half to an extent we tried to pass, but not that effectively. As the game wore on we were trading hoofs with them.

Which is pretty much what happened in the home game against them too.

First half I thought we played some really good football. Second half was terrible.

All reinforces the view that we do try to play passing football, we just aren't very good at it!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lamberts biggest fault on 10:56 - Jan 11 with 371 viewsBlue_Moses

Lamberts biggest fault on 23:33 - Jan 10 by Terra_Farma

You must have been watching a different game to me then

And me, midfield was just watching the ball going over them
Spot on on 11:00 - Jan 11 with 363 viewsunstableblue

Lamberts biggest fault on 10:03 - Jan 11 by Ely_Blue

the issue with our midfield is we have no players who will pick the ball up and either have pace or a quick presence of mind to get things going quickly, hence why we tend to have 55-60% possession in lots of our recent games without really creating anything as we allow teams to get men back behind the ball as our build up is so slow

That is why we have missed KVY and Bishop can be so important.

I also think The Wolf in a three needs to be bringing the ball forward into midfield.

We need pull opposition players off the front two

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Lamberts biggest fault on 11:05 - Jan 11 with 356 viewsHerbivore

Lamberts biggest fault on 10:52 - Jan 11 by Dubtractor

Which is pretty much what happened in the home game against them too.

First half I thought we played some really good football. Second half was terrible.

All reinforces the view that we do try to play passing football, we just aren't very good at it!

I was referring to the home game actually! Away game we probably had our best spell early in the second half but then it all got very bogged down and turgid in the final half an hour.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lamberts biggest fault on 11:44 - Jan 11 with 346 viewsBramidan

Lamberts biggest fault on 11:05 - Jan 11 by Herbivore

I was referring to the home game actually! Away game we probably had our best spell early in the second half but then it all got very bogged down and turgid in the final half an hour.

I was at the Wycombe game, we did play the better football.
When their man mountain came on in the second half there was a noticeable lift not only in the Wycombe team but the crowd as well.
It was his header on which led to the goal but our defending was poor.
I'm actually hoping that we do better against "footballing teams" Oxford will prove if I'm right!
Lamberts biggest fault on 12:00 - Jan 11 with 335 viewsHerbivore

Lamberts biggest fault on 11:44 - Jan 11 by Bramidan

I was at the Wycombe game, we did play the better football.
When their man mountain came on in the second half there was a noticeable lift not only in the Wycombe team but the crowd as well.
It was his header on which led to the goal but our defending was poor.
I'm actually hoping that we do better against "footballing teams" Oxford will prove if I'm right!

I'm less convinced. Donny and Coventry came to Portman Road to play football and they passed rings around us.

Lamberts biggest fault on 12:14 - Jan 11 with 328 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Lamberts biggest fault on 10:56 - Jan 11 by Blue_Moses

And me, midfield was just watching the ball going over them

Even though I've actually posted the passing stats which show we passed it? 130 more passes then they played.

I think because we struggle to open teams up at times and we eventually lose it and then they knock one up that we clear we get frustrated and we think we're playing more hoof then is reality. i don't know. we tried and we did pass a hell of a lot more then them but it can be frustrating without end product at the moment.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Lamberts biggest fault on 12:20 - Jan 11 with 316 viewsHerbivore

Lamberts biggest fault on 12:14 - Jan 11 by Terry_Nutkins

Even though I've actually posted the passing stats which show we passed it? 130 more passes then they played.

I think because we struggle to open teams up at times and we eventually lose it and then they knock one up that we clear we get frustrated and we think we're playing more hoof then is reality. i don't know. we tried and we did pass a hell of a lot more then them but it can be frustrating without end product at the moment.

Every side in the league passes more than Wycombe, it doesn't make us a passing side. Home game we went long the whole second half. Away game we were hoofing for the last half hour and a spell in the first half. We tried, but mostly failed, to play a bit of football in both games.

I guess ultimately it comes down to whether or not you view passing it sideways slowly across the halfway line for thirty seconds before launching it into the channels counts as passing football.

Login to get fewer ads

Lamberts biggest fault on 13:47 - Jan 11 with 289 viewsbackwaywhen

He is unable to construct a team together on the pitch , and that is why all the changes , he just has not got any tactical nouse !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024