Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. 10:14 - Jan 18 with 7192 viewsnoggin

Should be nowhere near the Labour Party leadership contest.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 15:41 - Jan 20 with 975 viewsDarth_Koont

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 13:37 - Jan 20 by SuperKieranMcKenna

100%. Why obsess on this one subject, with all the other Human Rights abuses around the world..odd

Which ones do you care about James? I'll almost certainly agree with you.

And on a related note, maybe you can tell me why right-wingers, nationalists, evangelical Christians etc. like Tommy Robinson, Viktor Orban, Trump and the hard-core Republicans are so obsessed with supporting Israel? They seem to hate every other country or have no interest but here they can't be more partisan. Is it because they hate Muslims so much?

Pronouns: He/Him

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 15:50 - Jan 20 with 936 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 13:57 - Jan 20 by monytowbray

They cared about it when the press went in heavy with anti-Semitism accusations in the election buildup.

Good to see you’ve all finally come clean and admitted you don’t really care about racism though. Still not seen any Tory voters demanding the Islamophobia Enquiry is launched on the Tories. Odd.

They cared about British Jews being subjected to vile antisemitic abuse that was completely unrelated to Israel. Stop muddying the waters by conflating the two.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 15:55 - Jan 20 with 929 viewsDarth_Koont

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 15:50 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

They cared about British Jews being subjected to vile antisemitic abuse that was completely unrelated to Israel. Stop muddying the waters by conflating the two.

I'm glad that Berger's abuse was dealt with by the CPS. Same for the vile stuff Smeeth and Hodges received.

I'm also glad that this wasn't muddied by those trying to weaponise antisemitism and say that it was "in Corbyn's name" ... oh.

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 16:01 - Jan 20 with 903 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 15:55 - Jan 20 by Darth_Koont

I'm glad that Berger's abuse was dealt with by the CPS. Same for the vile stuff Smeeth and Hodges received.

I'm also glad that this wasn't muddied by those trying to weaponise antisemitism and say that it was "in Corbyn's name" ... oh.

And yet when Luciana Berger was on the receiving end of vile antisemitic abuse by Corbyn's army of hate, all you could say was that "I don't trust Luciana Berger as a person. Politically or ethically" and that "she has a tendency to editorialise comments and incidents to make more out of them".

Iron Lion Zion

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 16:09 - Jan 20 with 890 viewsDarth_Koont

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 16:01 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

And yet when Luciana Berger was on the receiving end of vile antisemitic abuse by Corbyn's army of hate, all you could say was that "I don't trust Luciana Berger as a person. Politically or ethically" and that "she has a tendency to editorialise comments and incidents to make more out of them".

But it wasn't from Corbyn's "army of hate", was it? The death threats were from neo-Nazis and the "abuse" she got from her CLP was because people didn't think she was very good at representing them or the Labour party.

But conflating that all into "vile antisemitic abuse by Corbyn's army of hate" serves your slimy purposes better.

I didn't trust Berger because she was also happy to keep the same conflation going. She of course didn't deserve any of the threats against her and on a personal level she has my sympathy for that. But her not getting elected was one of the few bright spots on election night. We need more honest politics.

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 16:10 - Jan 20 with 887 viewsmonytowbray

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 15:50 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

The two were conflated from day one of the press jumping on it.

I just find it amusing so many people (including posters on here) showed their objection to racism by voting for an even more racist and open-about-it party into power.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 16:20 - Jan 20 with 854 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 16:09 - Jan 20 by Darth_Koont

But it wasn't from Corbyn's "army of hate", was it? The death threats were from neo-Nazis and the "abuse" she got from her CLP was because people didn't think she was very good at representing them or the Labour party.

But conflating that all into "vile antisemitic abuse by Corbyn's army of hate" serves your slimy purposes better.

I didn't trust Berger because she was also happy to keep the same conflation going. She of course didn't deserve any of the threats against her and on a personal level she has my sympathy for that. But her not getting elected was one of the few bright spots on election night. We need more honest politics.

I have linked plenty of vile abuse aimed at Luciana Berger from Labour members with the JC4PM hashtag. One of them hoped that her unborn baby suffered the same fate as the Palestinian babies bombed by Israel.

The police are currently prosecuting five Labour members who directed violence, rape threats and death threats towards Berger and Hodge.

The Labour party didn't even bother to inform either of them that their lives had been threatened.

Stop defending the indefensible.

Iron Lion Zion

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 16:43 - Jan 20 with 827 viewsJ2BLUE

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 11:16 - Jan 18 by baxterbasics

And?

Labour need to realise at some point that the vast majority of the British electorate couldn't give two squits about Israel either way. The lefts obsession with it only makes them look even more looney and out of touch, and always vulnerable to the antisemitism attack line.

Agree with this. Rightly or wrongly, most people don't care either way. Politicians from both sides seem pretty obsessed with Israel though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 16:50 - Jan 20 with 818 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 16:20 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

I have linked plenty of vile abuse aimed at Luciana Berger from Labour members with the JC4PM hashtag. One of them hoped that her unborn baby suffered the same fate as the Palestinian babies bombed by Israel.

The police are currently prosecuting five Labour members who directed violence, rape threats and death threats towards Berger and Hodge.

The Labour party didn't even bother to inform either of them that their lives had been threatened.

5....what between them....endemic! So between Berger and Hodges....5 Gobby twitterati.....heaven help us. I am fairly sure the sky was falling in at the time.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 16:58 - Jan 20 with 802 viewsDarth_Koont

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 16:20 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

You should really go for accuracy and quality over ridiculously OTT volume bulked out with smears. Then we could address these as they come up.

I'm not denying that some people in Labour are antisemitic and some of the abuse against Berger and Hodge was antisemitic and/or criminal in another way. It was the conflation of everything including the death threats that were from neo-Nazis and which was why she had police protection ... outside the party conference, not in it where all the dangerous antisemites supposedly were.

You know all this though. And you knew what you were doing at the time.

All I'm asking for is that you don't conflate, smear or lie to weaponise antisemitism. I won't defend the indefensible: there's no place in the party for antisemitism or criminal abuse like that. Or civilized society for that matter which is why they should be prosecuted.

Jess Phillips, friend of Israel. on 10:31 - Jan 21 with 671 viewsGlasgowBlue

Your views on this Noggin?

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024