Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here it is........some love for us. 08:11 - Jan 22 with 3649 viewshampstead_blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51201885

No doubt some will, once more call this a waste of money.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Here it is........some love for us. on 19:53 - Jan 22 with 615 viewsMullet

Here it is........some love for us. on 16:51 - Jan 22 by hampstead_blue

I don't think it's used as a diversion.

We've been years behind the US on how veterans are looked after post discharge. This is one small step in catching up and doing small things to help.

There is a mental health service called TILLS for veterans. They don't queue like in a civvy hospital but have a dedicated treatment path with specially trained head people.

You can't compare the Armed Forces to the civvy emergency services. Very different on so many levels.

You mean the glorification surely? Don't the US have massive amounts of homelessness, drug issues and violence amongst ex-vets which is incredibly taboo still?

As for your last part, that's highly offensive and wrong. If someone swapped those around you'd be livid and rightly so.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Here it is........some love for us. on 19:54 - Jan 22 with 612 viewsjeera

We've been years behind the US on how veterans are looked after post discharge. This is one small step in catching up and doing small things to help.

There is a mental health service called TILLS for veterans. They don't queue like in a civvy hospital but have a dedicated treatment path with specially trained head people.

You can't compare the Armed Forces to the civvy emergency services. Very different on so many levels.

Retrieving people from burning buildings isn't heroic enough?

Having to cope with collecting burnt crisped bodies of say, children, risking their lives for others.

Saving lives daily, enduring gore, rescuing the likes of your colleagues and helping them to recovery.

Keeping the streets safe [as far as funds allow!].

Can't compare them to your constant self-congratulatory vision of importance of yourself?

That's true enough.

Humble people are appreciated. Those who bang on repeatedly about themselves, not so much.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Here it is........some love for us. on 20:05 - Jan 22 with 589 viewshampstead_blue

Here it is........some love for us. on 19:53 - Jan 22 by Mullet

You mean the glorification surely? Don't the US have massive amounts of homelessness, drug issues and violence amongst ex-vets which is incredibly taboo still?

As for your last part, that's highly offensive and wrong. If someone swapped those around you'd be livid and rightly so.

Please don't make the assumption I'm belittling the civvy emergency services. I am not.

Just saying they are very different. No need to run ahead and make false assumptions.

With regard to Vets, there is huge discrimination even now which needs to be addressed. I deal with it at work on a daily basis. Today I was with a global car manufacturer developing a veterans program to ensure they are treated fairly.

Jaguar Land Rover have a full time person working on just that.

No need to join in with the likes of Herbi and Jeera and make false and poor assumptions. They are very good at that themselves.

:-)

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Here it is........some love for us. on 20:07 - Jan 22 with 585 viewsMullet

Here it is........some love for us. on 20:05 - Jan 22 by hampstead_blue

Please don't make the assumption I'm belittling the civvy emergency services. I am not.

Just saying they are very different. No need to run ahead and make false assumptions.

With regard to Vets, there is huge discrimination even now which needs to be addressed. I deal with it at work on a daily basis. Today I was with a global car manufacturer developing a veterans program to ensure they are treated fairly.

No need to join in with the likes of Herbi and Jeera and make false and poor assumptions. They are very good at that themselves.

The fact you've just mentioned two people completely unnecessarily suggests I was nowhere near wrong.

You're pretty transparent frankly. I'm glad none of my vet mates talk like you do about it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Here it is........some love for us. on 20:07 - Jan 22 with 585 viewshampstead_blue

Here it is........some love for us. on 19:47 - Jan 22 by BrixtonBlue

As always, you can't explain when challenged.

I can't see any reason why ex-service personnel are more deserving of free trains than, say, nurses, but I'm open to any explanation.

It's really not bleedin' obvious, so please do explain.

Bunkum.

You just want me to post something to which you will simply throw bricks at.

If you can't see the differences then that's your lack of intellectual horsepower. It's not difficult cupcake!

Here it is........some love for us. on 20:08 - Jan 22 with 582 viewsBrixtonBlue

Here it is........some love for us. on 20:05 - Jan 22 by hampstead_blue

"Please don't make the assumption I'm belittling the civvy emergency services. I am not. Just saying they are very different."

Why?

it's a simple question.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Here it is........some love for us. on 20:12 - Jan 22 with 576 viewsBrixtonBlue

Here it is........some love for us. on 20:07 - Jan 22 by hampstead_blue

Bunkum.

You just want me to post something to which you will simply throw bricks at.

If you can't see the differences then that's your lack of intellectual horsepower. It's not difficult cupcake!

I may well be stupid. I'd be grateful if you can help me. I'm open to any explanation, if you have one.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Here it is........some love for us. on 10:49 - Jan 23 with 517 viewsCrawfordsboot

Im not sure that I get your point. Certainly I think you can compare our armed forces to the civvy emergency services, and indeed to many other employees or individuals who undertake work that contributes to society.

On a wider front I find the frequent use of the word "veterans" irritating when it is used to conjure up the image of a dedicated hero defending us against threats to our existence and way of life. The term could be applied to all those poor conscripts who fought in the last world war but in my book more recent volunteer regular members of the armed forces have willingly signed on and put themselves in a situation where they might be used by the Govt. in power plays that have nothing to do with an existential threat to our country or our way of life. (Afghanistan and Iraq for example)

On the question of mental health - the armed forces, as an employer, should be picking up the full bill for mental or physical injury incurred in employment. Instead, and because of their failings, a whole voluntary support industry has grown up to support our "veteran heroes", playing on our debt to our "brave defenders". There should be no need for charities in this sector or for this sort of appeal packaging.

You mention TILLS for veterans. I am now retired but as a senior manager in quite large organisations I employed a number of ex military people and I have to say that many found life after service quite difficult. Not because of PTSD (though some will have that) but simply living outside the protective military bubble.
Login to get fewer ads

Here it is........some love for us. on 15:49 - Jan 23 with 443 viewshampstead_blue

Here it is........some love for us. on 10:49 - Jan 23 by Crawfordsboot

Im not sure that I get your point. Certainly I think you can compare our armed forces to the civvy emergency services, and indeed to many other employees or individuals who undertake work that contributes to society.

On a wider front I find the frequent use of the word "veterans" irritating when it is used to conjure up the image of a dedicated hero defending us against threats to our existence and way of life. The term could be applied to all those poor conscripts who fought in the last world war but in my book more recent volunteer regular members of the armed forces have willingly signed on and put themselves in a situation where they might be used by the Govt. in power plays that have nothing to do with an existential threat to our country or our way of life. (Afghanistan and Iraq for example)

On the question of mental health - the armed forces, as an employer, should be picking up the full bill for mental or physical injury incurred in employment. Instead, and because of their failings, a whole voluntary support industry has grown up to support our "veteran heroes", playing on our debt to our "brave defenders". There should be no need for charities in this sector or for this sort of appeal packaging.

You mention TILLS for veterans. I am now retired but as a senior manager in quite large organisations I employed a number of ex military people and I have to say that many found life after service quite difficult. Not because of PTSD (though some will have that) but simply living outside the protective military bubble.

My point is that they are different. Very different. There something called the https://www.bluelightcard.co.uk/

Armed Forces can get this as well, I've one.

I don't see your point about the use of the term 'veteran'? Are you implying that it's too heroic or just rings the wrong bell for you? No annoyance in my question, just looking for context.
Many youngsters who signed-up probably didn't fully comprehend what they would see or do in a conflict. I certainly didn't and was terrified for while on my first tour of Northern Ireland.

So far as mental health responsibility is concerned it's hard to pin it down. You're a servant of the Queen employed by the Government via the MoD. Who should pick up the bill for ongoing medical needs? The NHS provides a decent service through TILLS.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024