Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A 1-0 BATTERING 21:52 - Jan 28 with 4678 viewsMrTown

Fecking waste of my time.

It’s almost impossible to be that bad, the technique of the Town players was inexcusable! You play like that you will never, ever deserve to win a football match no matter the level.

A bad day at the office, on to Saturday.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

A 1-0 BATTERING on 21:54 - Jan 28 with 4639 viewsJDB23

Don't worry, we'll get 1 point out of the next 2 games but we'll beat Wimbledon 2-0 and Lambert will be free from criticism again.
A 1-0 BATTERING on 21:57 - Jan 28 with 4581 viewsTheBoyBlue

A 1-0 BATTERING on 21:54 - Jan 28 by JDB23

Don't worry, we'll get 1 point out of the next 2 games but we'll beat Wimbledon 2-0 and Lambert will be free from criticism again.

Or eventually win again in a cagey 1-0 victory against Bolton on Good Friday and everyone will be going on about how wonderful it is we're only 4 points off the play-offs with a game in hand and questioning why everyone's still moaning after a win.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

A 1-0 BATTERING on 21:57 - Jan 28 with 4567 viewsMrTown

A 1-0 BATTERING on 21:54 - Jan 28 by JDB23

Some of the things that were going on out there in terms of the genuine technical ability of professional footballers made it irrelevant whether we had Lambert or Klopp on the touch line tonight.

A 1-0 BATTERING on 22:01 - Jan 28 with 4509 viewspointofblue

A 1-0 BATTERING on 21:57 - Jan 28 by MrTown

Some of the things that were going on out there in terms of the genuine technical ability of professional footballers made it irrelevant whether we had Lambert or Klopp on the touch line tonight.

Klopp would have made tactical changes and substitutions to temper what was happening. Lambert did his usual - nothing.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A 1-0 BATTERING on 22:02 - Jan 28 with 4481 viewsJDB23

A 1-0 BATTERING on 21:57 - Jan 28 by MrTown

The players were abysmal, there is no getting away from that. Having said that, I refuse to believe they went out onto the pitch with that game plan/mentality without it being passed down to them from the management team. At the very very least Lambert should have seen we were getting rolled, admitted he got it wrong and made changes at half time, he wasn't even capable of that.
A 1-0 BATTERING on 22:15 - Jan 28 with 4405 viewsMrTown

A 1-0 BATTERING on 22:01 - Jan 28 by pointofblue

Klopp would have made tactical changes and substitutions to temper what was happening. Lambert did his usual - nothing.

Sometimes you can do nothing, was just a bad bad night at the office.

A 1-0 BATTERING on 22:32 - Jan 28 with 4324 viewspointofblue

A 1-0 BATTERING on 22:15 - Jan 28 by MrTown

Sometimes you can do nothing, was just a bad bad night at the office.

It was a bad half - Lambert did nothing to try and change the tide like sub Huws and/or Judge, bring Norwood on, change the set up, ANYTHING. He just sent them out, same as before.

He says it's about players and not systems so try some other players if the one's on the pitch aren't performing. 67 minutes until the first sub when we were being, for all intents and purposes, thrashed!
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 22:33]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A 1-0 BATTERING on 23:16 - Jan 28 with 4150 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

But when other fans have called it poor in recent weeks we have wanted town to fail or something like that....

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

A 1-0 BATTERING on 09:29 - Jan 29 with 3844 viewsMrTown

A 1-0 BATTERING on 23:16 - Jan 28 by TRUE_BLUE123

But when other fans have called it poor in recent weeks we have wanted town to fail or something like that....

Lambert Out whilst we were sitting 3rd, never forget my friend, never forget.

A 1-0 BATTERING on 09:31 - Jan 29 with 3835 viewsSouperJim

A 1-0 BATTERING on 23:16 - Jan 28 by TRUE_BLUE123

The difference being that last night we actually were poor, so it's perfectly reasonable to say so.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

A 1-0 BATTERING on 09:33 - Jan 29 with 3827 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

A 1-0 BATTERING on 09:29 - Jan 29 by MrTown

Lambert Out whilst we were sitting 3rd, never forget my friend, never forget.

Oh I haven't forgot believe me. And performances like that remind me why.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

A 1-0 BATTERING on 09:35 - Jan 29 with 3819 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

A 1-0 BATTERING on 09:31 - Jan 29 by SouperJim

The difference being that last night we actually were poor, so it's perfectly reasonable to say so.

So we weren't poor vs Lincoln or Gillingham or Bristol Rovers or Pompey or Exeter

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:51 - Jan 29 with 3776 viewsMrTown

A 1-0 BATTERING on 09:35 - Jan 29 by TRUE_BLUE123

So we weren't poor vs Lincoln or Gillingham or Bristol Rovers or Pompey or Exeter

To the level as we were no where near as bad no.

The over the top bed wetting from individuals such as yourself was and still is hilarious. Having said that, Lambert himself suggested such 'idiots' knew nothing about the game.

I would suggest he is right.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 10:11]

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:31 - Jan 29 with 3620 viewsEireannach_gorm

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:51 - Jan 29 by MrTown

The over the top bed wetting from individuals such as yourself was and still is hilarious. Having said that, Lambert himself suggested such 'idiots' knew nothing about the game.

... or maybe not.

Paul own tactical knowledge of the game could also be flawed. It is quite possible to disagree with someone and have quite an extensive knowledge of football and not to be an idiot either.
Agree with this on 15:44 - Jan 29 with 3593 viewsDyland

A 1-0 BATTERING on 22:32 - Jan 28 by pointofblue

It was a bad half - Lambert did nothing to try and change the tide like sub Huws and/or Judge, bring Norwood on, change the set up, ANYTHING. He just sent them out, same as before.

He says it's about players and not systems so try some other players if the one's on the pitch aren't performing. 67 minutes until the first sub when we were being, for all intents and purposes, thrashed!
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 22:33]

Has Lambert ever actually just held his hands up and admitted he's got it wrong?

Fans at the game and fans watching on iFollow alike were all saying the same thing. But Lambert couldn't see that Huws needed subbing? Or to get Bishop on for either Huws or Judge, with Skuse maybe, and getting Norwood on earlier?

The fans were right, as it turned out.

Put on a good performance against Posh and it's just a bad day at the office, but the doubts are all still there aren't they, and if we put on such a lame display as last night I can't see us challenging for top two at all.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:28 - Jan 29 with 3514 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:51 - Jan 29 by MrTown

Last night was worse. But those others still fall in to the dire category

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:36 - Jan 29 with 3487 viewsMrTown

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:28 - Jan 29 by TRUE_BLUE123

Last night was worse. But those others still fall in to the dire category

Dire category.... that would fit your agenda so I can see why you would suggest so.

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:44 - Jan 29 with 3454 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:36 - Jan 29 by MrTown

Dire category.... that would fit your agenda so I can see why you would suggest so.

Or you could rightfully realise that the performance at Lincoln away was dire.. thats not an agenda, it was, the players admitted as did the staff.....
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 16:49]

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:50 - Jan 29 with 3424 viewsMrTown

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:44 - Jan 29 by TRUE_BLUE123

Or you could rightfully realise that the performance at Lincoln away was dire.. thats not an agenda, it was, the players admitted as did the staff.....
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 16:49]

We haven't been good in some games this season, don't know how many more times I can say that.

Never forget that haven't dropped out the play-offs all season.

But Lambert Out and all that right

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:39 - Jan 29 with 3372 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:50 - Jan 29 by MrTown

We haven't been good in some games this season, don't know how many more times I can say that.

Never forget that haven't dropped out the play-offs all season.

But Lambert Out and all that right

Lets see where we are come end of the season

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:41 - Jan 29 with 3369 viewsTractorCam

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:39 - Jan 29 by TRUE_BLUE123

Lets see where we are come end of the season

My favourite line is when we dropped down to 5th and it was "I would have taken this at the start of the season", despite being 12 points clear of 5th just 2 months earlier.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024