Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did 06:04 - Jan 29 with 2139 viewstextbackup

Admit I didn’t watch it, only had the radio to go by, but after reading many comments of those that did watch it the long ball bo11ocks reared it’s ugly head. I don’t think I’ve seen jackson successfully play that role so why did PL think that would be a good idea.
Stick to our game, and if we then lose then fair play.
Frustrating as ever supporting Town

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 06:39 - Jan 29 with 2074 viewsFixed_It

It was awful. But PLsays it wasn't the game plan to play the long ball to Jackson. Think we were pressured into it by Rotherham. But it is a worry.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 06:57 - Jan 29 with 2018 viewsHerbivore

It was quite possibly the worst Town performance I've seen. We were dreadful. Top of the table clash and we just didn't show up, didn't do the basics, and just aimlessly booted it long for most of the match. We defended okay to keep it to 1-0, with a bit of luck thrown in, but that aside it was utterly terrible. It's all well and good pinching wins against sides who are 17th and 21st in the table, but we've got to start actually performing against the sides we're meant to be competing with for promotion.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 06:59 - Jan 29 with 2020 viewsbrogansnose

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 06:39 - Jan 29 by Fixed_It

It was awful. But PLsays it wasn't the game plan to play the long ball to Jackson. Think we were pressured into it by Rotherham. But it is a worry.

It is a big worry because P'boro didn't get pressured or 'bullied' into a long ball game against them last Saturday. Lambert had plenty of time to change the way the game was going.

Like Texty says, let's play our game, although I'm not overly certain what our game is right now.
I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 07:18 - Jan 29 with 1991 viewsBluefish

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 06:39 - Jan 29 by Fixed_It

Did he really say that? It was very obviously the game plan from minute 1

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 07:23 - Jan 29 with 1955 viewsSteve_M

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 06:59 - Jan 29 by brogansnose

It is a big worry because P'boro didn't get pressured or 'bullied' into a long ball game against them last Saturday. Lambert had plenty of time to change the way the game was going.

Like Texty says, let's play our game, although I'm not overly certain what our game is right now.

Equally my mate, a Rotherham fan, said they didn't turn up on Saturday and were really disappointing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 07:31 - Jan 29 with 1914 viewsReuser_is_God

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 06:57 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

It was quite possibly the worst Town performance I've seen. We were dreadful. Top of the table clash and we just didn't show up, didn't do the basics, and just aimlessly booted it long for most of the match. We defended okay to keep it to 1-0, with a bit of luck thrown in, but that aside it was utterly terrible. It's all well and good pinching wins against sides who are 17th and 21st in the table, but we've got to start actually performing against the sides we're meant to be competing with for promotion.

When was the last time we showed up in a ‘big’ game? Forest at home 14/15?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 07:41 - Jan 29 with 1866 viewsSteve_M

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 07:31 - Jan 29 by Reuser_is_God

Beating Rotherham last January?

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 07:42 - Jan 29 with 1864 viewsHerbivore

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 07:31 - Jan 29 by Reuser_is_God

I think possibly when we beat Burton in 2016/17, a defeat there would have seen us right in the relegation dogfight but the win, followed up by beating Newcastle, pulled us clear. Definitely nothing I can think of since then though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 07:42 - Jan 29 with 1855 viewsReuser_is_God

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 07:41 - Jan 29 by Steve_M

Beating Rotherham last January?

Yeah that’s a fair shout.

Evans out

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 07:43 - Jan 29 with 1849 viewsReuser_is_God

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 07:42 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

I think possibly when we beat Burton in 2016/17, a defeat there would have seen us right in the relegation dogfight but the win, followed up by beating Newcastle, pulled us clear. Definitely nothing I can think of since then though.

Yeah good shout.

How depressing though.

Evans out

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 07:45 - Jan 29 with 1841 viewsSteve_M

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 07:42 - Jan 29 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah that’s a fair shout.

I also think that, however crap they were, beating Accrington earlier this month was important. Had we not performed in that one the drift would have continued.

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 07:56 - Jan 29 with 1805 viewsFixed_It

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 07:18 - Jan 29 by Bluefish

Did he really say that? It was very obviously the game plan from minute 1

There is a difference between gameplan and panic. Unfortunately we panicked all over the park.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 09:05 - Jan 29 with 1653 viewsGuthrum

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 07:56 - Jan 29 by Fixed_It

There is a difference between gameplan and panic. Unfortunately we panicked all over the park.

I think we're still a team which is fragile under pressure. If the opposition is also fragile, we stand a chance of re-imposing ourselves. If not, as last night, we struggle.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 09:20 - Jan 29 with 1598 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Fleetwood away should probably be considered a big game too

Christ, there really are the days

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 09:21 - Jan 29 with 1593 viewsBluefish

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 09:20 - Jan 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Fleetwood away should probably be considered a big game too

Christ, there really are the days

Did we really show up? We almost threw it away

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 10:08 - Jan 29 with 1506 viewstextbackup

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 09:21 - Jan 29 by Bluefish

Did we really show up? We almost threw it away

I mean we won, so that’s atleast something

However - if we finish in playoffs I have 15% belief we’ll win them

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 10:14 - Jan 29 with 1493 viewsBluefish

I can handle losing, but not in the manner we did on 10:08 - Jan 29 by textbackup

I mean we won, so that’s atleast something

However - if we finish in playoffs I have 15% belief we’ll win them

I honestly don't think we will do it. When the going gets tough we just don't have the strategy and the organisation to pull through. The well drilled organised teams find us out. We still haven't consistently played well this season, we just have the best squad so we are close. I think swapping our scummer for the one last night would make a big difference. You could just see he was on it, everything about him and his team was intensity and looked like a plan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024