Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I feel for Skuse 22:40 - Feb 1 with 1375 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Wonderful guy, great servant and he’s been a hell of a player for us but it’s quite obvious that he’s now at that point where it’s almost cruel to involve him.

Especially in a division where many teams have youngsters that are fit, sharp and technically on point. He looks like a middle aged dad joining in with a group of teenagers.

His decline has been severe and sharp. It’s harsh on him but he’s quite simply not up to this standard now even after a relegation.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

I feel for Skuse on 01:43 - Feb 2 with 1202 viewsBlueBadger

I fully expected Skuse to have been phased out last season. As it was, we had not one, but TWO inept managers keeping us in a relegation 'fight' all season so his experience was needed on the pitch. What we're seeing now is his phasing-out being managed poorly.

There's probably a metaphor for ITC at large here, but I can't work it out.

For what it's worth, we should keep him on the payroll as he's intelligent, professional and was a half-decent player on his day and will make an excellent coach. Given how ITFC are being run at the moment, after this season, we'll probably be reading about him being a key part of the management team that overseas Bristol City's promotion to the Premier League next season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I feel for Skuse on 03:49 - Feb 2 with 1155 viewsbraveblue

He has been too deep and lacking in any pace for over two years. Only here would he still be in the team.
I feel for Skuse on 06:43 - Feb 2 with 1077 viewsTractorWood

I think we are a bit too accommodating. Him and Chambers have not looked good in what is a very poor league. Both great servants but it's tough watching them jog around 3 seconds behind play.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I feel for Skuse on 07:30 - Feb 2 with 1022 viewsJuggsy

How’s he been one helluva player?

Been one of the mainstays in our decline for years ....
I feel for Skuse on 08:29 - Feb 2 with 918 viewsReuser_is_God

“Been hell of a player”

How our standards have dropped.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I feel for Skuse on 08:33 - Feb 2 with 896 viewstextbackup

I feel for Skuse on 08:29 - Feb 2 by Reuser_is_God

“Been hell of a player”

How our standards have dropped.

1 fcking goal in 800000000000000 games, and a tshirt made after it. we are so fckin tinpot it hurts

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I feel for Skuse on 09:36 - Feb 2 with 807 viewsMullet

Once he stopped coming back from minor knocks it was clear he wouldn't be a regular. But its more worrying that without him we've been done for 5 at Lincoln too, seen a big lump trundle through us at Rotherham etc.

If we lose Huws/Garbutt in these games we seem so vulnerable and unable to create so often. The balance is way off. Judge has done barely anything all season but enough to keep being picked. Jackson is great against flat backlines when they let the ball bounce, but in terms of supply and creativity we're little different to the team that got relegated.

Relying on Skuse and Chambers to get us promoted isn't really logical, but we also have Downes and Woolfenden too alongside them who stand up against any of these teams' youngsters so it must be more than that. Mainly the inability of Lambert to change games.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024