Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion Favourites 11:47 - Feb 11 with 1455 viewsBeattie78

I see the bookies currently have us as 6th favourites for promotion. Rotherham, Portsmouth and Coventry are top 3. Accurate or not?

LexdenBlue62

Promotion Favourites on 11:51 - Feb 11 with 1427 viewsclive_baker

Not sure too much can be read into bookies odds.

Personally I've said it before and will again that the best 2 sides I've seen at this level are Rotherham & Coventry. I would put Peterborough ahead of Portsmouth personally, although both are in great form. We just need to get our heads down and start winning matches. I would say we'll probably need 11 wins from 14 if we're going to finish top 2, which I can't see happening.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Promotion Favourites on 13:36 - Feb 11 with 1247 viewsOsborneOneNil

I had Rotherham in my acca before a ball was kicked. Along with Liverpool and Plymouth. My only let down at the mo is Cardiff.
Promotion Favourites on 14:14 - Feb 11 with 1196 viewskizaitfc

The mere fact we were favourites for so longs, tells you all you need to know about bookies odds.

I do however think Rotherham will pull clear now

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Promotion Favourites on 14:17 - Feb 11 with 1187 viewsPecker

Rotherham and Us, with Coventry going up through the play offs.
Promotion Favourites on 14:23 - Feb 11 with 1175 viewsHARRY10

spot on

as bookies odds are set by what money has been bet, not on what they think might or should happen

remember when they stopped taking bets on Redknapp joining us

did they 'know something' or were they just responding to a large number of punters piling in who thought others 'knew something'
Promotion Favourites on 15:55 - Feb 11 with 1096 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Promotion Favourites on 14:23 - Feb 11 by HARRY10

spot on

as bookies odds are set by what money has been bet, not on what they think might or should happen

remember when they stopped taking bets on Redknapp joining us

did they 'know something' or were they just responding to a large number of punters piling in who thought others 'knew something'

You’ve said this before. And you’re incorrect.

It’s influenced by money taken but the odds compilers decide the odds. Results change the prices predominantly. We’ve drifted in the last three weeks because we’ve lost three times. Not because the public have backed five teams more than us in that time.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Promotion Favourites on 18:38 - Feb 11 with 935 viewsjas0999

Considering we’ve only won 5 of last 19 league games - no real surprise.
Promotion Favourites on 18:48 - Feb 11 with 903 viewsNthsuffolkblue

They are 3 at the top of the last 10 form table. That is probably what has put the money on them.

I think Rotherham as favourites is about right. Can't be all that much between the next 5 or 6. I can't see Wycombe staying the pace and yet they are still clinging to 2nd at the moment.

We really need our second wind.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Promotion Favourites on 19:12 - Feb 11 with 870 viewsHARRY10

Promotion Favourites on 15:55 - Feb 11 by The_Romford_Blue

You’ve said this before. And you’re incorrect.

It’s influenced by money taken but the odds compilers decide the odds. Results change the prices predominantly. We’ve drifted in the last three weeks because we’ve lost three times. Not because the public have backed five teams more than us in that time.

Whereas P'Boro who have won their last 3 games have not seen their odds coming in but P'mouth and Rotherham have.

In fact P'Boro have won their last 5 games, R'Ham haven't

Lincoln who have lost their last four games but are still seeing their odds coming in - where as Tranmere who have lost their last 5 have not moved.

Doesn't suggest some 'odds complier' is at work... unless it is with a dart aimed at a dart board.

I would stick to your thought " Results change the prices predominantly" but change the last word.
Promotion Favourites on 19:20 - Feb 11 with 843 viewsJDB23

Gillingham are unbeaten in 11, GILLINGHAM. Really don't know why we're finding this league so hard, 6th favourites is about right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024