Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He wont walk out of a 5-year contract 16:36 - Feb 25 with 1369 viewsusm

Why would he?
Hopefully theres a clause in there that lets us get rid of him if we dont get promoted, otherwise I suspect we are stuck with him.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 16:37 - Feb 25 with 1368 viewsSwansea_Blue

If Evans wants him gone, he'll be gone. It'll just cost a bit more than it would have.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 16:54 - Feb 25 with 1326 viewshomer_123

He's got history.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 16:55 - Feb 25 with 1326 viewsPecker

There doesn't need to be a clause. ME can sack him whenever he wishes, but he won't yet.
He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 18:32 - Feb 25 with 1246 viewsBlueBadger

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 16:37 - Feb 25 by Swansea_Blue

If Evans wants him gone, he'll be gone. It'll just cost a bit more than it would have.

I think we'd need some kind of new definition of Banter Era beyond 'Peak' should Evans end up spending more s sacking Lambert this season than he has on players in January.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 18:41 - Feb 25 with 1235 viewsBlueBadger

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 16:54 - Feb 25 by homer_123

He's got history.

Trouble is, he's also got a history of failure going back nearly a decade now. He walks now, he never works as manager again. So he'll stick it out for as long as he can, until it's apparent even to Evans that he's woefully incompetent.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 18:56 - Feb 25 with 1207 viewsBlueBadger

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 16:55 - Feb 25 by Pecker

There doesn't need to be a clause. ME can sack him whenever he wishes, but he won't yet.

As I said below, it would be beyond Peak Banter Era if we spent more on sacking our manager than we did on players in January.

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 18:56 - Feb 25 with 1208 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Of course he won’t.

Nor why would he sign an extension with a break clause when he had another 2 years to run on his current one.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 20:11 - Feb 25 with 1162 viewsFreddy

This
Login to get fewer ads

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 20:19 - Feb 25 with 1140 viewsChrisd

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 18:41 - Feb 25 by BlueBadger

Trouble is, he's also got a history of failure going back nearly a decade now. He walks now, he never works as manager again. So he'll stick it out for as long as he can, until it's apparent even to Evans that he's woefully incompetent.

So for another 4 years?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 20:23 - Feb 25 with 1128 viewsHARRY10

A 'bit' more

Four times the cost, which with the odd coach or two will amount to a fair amount
He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 20:30 - Feb 25 with 1118 viewsWD19

Lamber has been here for 3 transfer windows and he doesn’t yet have a clear narrative developed of whose fault it is when he is inevitably sacked. That’s uncharacteristically poor prep on his part. He has usually got his excuses lined up well in advance.
He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 20:32 - Feb 25 with 1101 viewshamburger_sv

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 20:30 - Feb 25 by WD19

Lamber has been here for 3 transfer windows and he doesn’t yet have a clear narrative developed of whose fault it is when he is inevitably sacked. That’s uncharacteristically poor prep on his part. He has usually got his excuses lined up well in advance.

Lambert: "Brexit, the coronavirus, Storm Ciara and Dennis"
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 20:33]

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 21:08 - Feb 25 with 1054 viewsSwansea_Blue

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 20:23 - Feb 25 by HARRY10

A 'bit' more

Four times the cost, which with the odd coach or two will amount to a fair amount

What’s a couple of million or so when you’ve already wasted 60 or 70?

I’m sure ME won’t see it like that, and he’s ridiculously cautious, so I can’t see him sacking him for some time. I wouldn’t put it past Lambert walking at the end of the season though if he thinks the grief isn’t worth it. But he’s been round the block, so maybe he’s fine with things as they are and fans turning. Who knows.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 21:24 - Feb 25 with 995 viewsMoriarty

He wont walk out of a 5-year contract on 18:32 - Feb 25 by BlueBadger

I think we'd need some kind of new definition of Banter Era beyond 'Peak' should Evans end up spending more s sacking Lambert this season than he has on players in January.

Slightly higher on the graph perhaps if ME sold Downes or Wolf to pay the cost of sacking Lambert. Pondering the imponderable. Would probably be the t!ts for scummers.

I don’t think we’ll make the playoffs. I do think we’ll get another outsider in the Summer who’ll struggle. Again. And in years to come some might wonder why the hell ME just didn’t give the job to GB with Hogg as assistant. Ipswich thru and thru etc.

fka omuircheartaigh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024