Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland went to Wembley 23:30 - Feb 26 with 3059 viewsCoco

Twice last season and narrowly lost both times. Most agreed that it was a disappointing season and the manager replaced.

How on earth can Lambert and Evans justify not even making the play-offs? How can ANY Town fan accept that? It wasn’t long ago we were striving for more than mid table Championship! 🤪 lol

If he was laying some kind of foundation you could maybe understand but it just appears to be a fuddled mess.

The lack of ambition from the top of the boardroom right down to the fans is staggering. We all need to pull together until the end of the season but if on the final home game of the season we’re out of the running - serious hell has the be let loose at those in charge.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Sunderland went to Wembley on 00:32 - Feb 27 with 2984 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It won't.

There will just be a load of fans going, "Thank you saint Marcus" and an equal amount tutting loudly and shaking their heads.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Sunderland went to Wembley on 02:40 - Feb 27 with 2929 viewsDoctor_Earman

Spot on.

Unfortunately ITFC's fan base is a soft touch. There are many who are just 'day-trippers' i.e. just go for the day out, don't care about the result. Until fans in their numbers start taking the club's welfare and performances seriously then the decline will continue. This means that fans have to demonstrate week in week out against Marcus Evans' ownership. Not one-off protests with a few signs and hardly any fans. We need to move like a 'big' club (which is what we are apparently according to Lambert) and demand change in such an overwhelming way that Evans will have no choice but to either sell-up or fundamentally change the way he runs the club. Ask yourself this question: would fans of the likes of Leeds or Sunderland tolerate Marcus Evans as the owner of their clubs? NO! Even fans of smaller clubs like Blackpool and Charlton managed to oust their incompetent and charlatan owners. It can be done, it just needs a united and focused supporter base.
Sunderland went to Wembley on 07:32 - Feb 27 with 2760 viewsGlasgowBlue

“ How on earth can Lambert and Evans justify not even making the play-offs? ”

Surely that’s a question to be asked in May? I’m devastated by the way the season seems to be falling away from us but there is no point in having a post mortem when there are still a lot of points to play for and we are only 3 points behind sixth place.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sunderland went to Wembley on 07:34 - Feb 27 with 2757 viewsTractorCam

Even Paul Hurst managed this same thing with Shrewsbury the season before.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Sunderland went to Wembley on 07:53 - Feb 27 with 2723 viewsChrisd

Sunderland went to Wembley on 07:32 - Feb 27 by GlasgowBlue

“ How on earth can Lambert and Evans justify not even making the play-offs? ”

Surely that’s a question to be asked in May? I’m devastated by the way the season seems to be falling away from us but there is no point in having a post mortem when there are still a lot of points to play for and we are only 3 points behind sixth place.

I think ME hangs his hat on the fact in order to turn things around it is going to take time and long term investment in a manager, hence this ridiculous 5 year deal for PL . However, if ST sales rapidly decline for next season, that'll force ME's hand similar to MM's departure. ME seems completely clueless most of the time, but when it comes to money that seems to spark him into action. Something needs to happen. For all PL's good public relations and the fans' re-connection with Town there appears many now turning against him. It's got that feeling that it's all going a bit Pete Tong at the club.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Sunderland went to Wembley on 08:13 - Feb 27 with 2680 viewsartsbossbeard

Sunderland went to Wembley on 02:40 - Feb 27 by Doctor_Earman

Spot on.

Unfortunately ITFC's fan base is a soft touch. There are many who are just 'day-trippers' i.e. just go for the day out, don't care about the result. Until fans in their numbers start taking the club's welfare and performances seriously then the decline will continue. This means that fans have to demonstrate week in week out against Marcus Evans' ownership. Not one-off protests with a few signs and hardly any fans. We need to move like a 'big' club (which is what we are apparently according to Lambert) and demand change in such an overwhelming way that Evans will have no choice but to either sell-up or fundamentally change the way he runs the club. Ask yourself this question: would fans of the likes of Leeds or Sunderland tolerate Marcus Evans as the owner of their clubs? NO! Even fans of smaller clubs like Blackpool and Charlton managed to oust their incompetent and charlatan owners. It can be done, it just needs a united and focused supporter base.

This seems like a lot of hard work and I've got loads on at the moment.

If you could organise things, keeps us abreast of it on here, I'll see if I can get along at some stage.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Sunderland went to Wembley on 08:20 - Feb 27 with 2668 viewsHerbivore

Spot on.

Cool story, bro.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sunderland went to Wembley on 08:29 - Feb 27 with 2648 viewspennblue

Sunderland went to Wembley on 07:53 - Feb 27 by Chrisd

I think ME hangs his hat on the fact in order to turn things around it is going to take time and long term investment in a manager, hence this ridiculous 5 year deal for PL . However, if ST sales rapidly decline for next season, that'll force ME's hand similar to MM's departure. ME seems completely clueless most of the time, but when it comes to money that seems to spark him into action. Something needs to happen. For all PL's good public relations and the fans' re-connection with Town there appears many now turning against him. It's got that feeling that it's all going a bit Pete Tong at the club.

I can't help think that a lot of the reason it turns sour so quickly, is the supporters are very quick to be critical. There that is that feeling that as soon as we lose a game or two, the fans turn.

This in turn festers an environment where the players start to disconnect. They start 'getting injured' and don't want to play for the club.

Unfortunately, we may just need to hit complete rock bottom first, which may well be League Two.

One thing for sure, is there is no point in moaning about us not going up this season, as we would come straight back down again. The owner is not going to invest enough to build a sustainable championship team, and therein lies our main problem.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland went to Wembley on 08:36 - Feb 27 with 2617 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lots of assumptions made there.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sunderland went to Wembley on 08:50 - Feb 27 with 2583 viewsChrisd

Sunderland went to Wembley on 08:29 - Feb 27 by pennblue

I can't help think that a lot of the reason it turns sour so quickly, is the supporters are very quick to be critical. There that is that feeling that as soon as we lose a game or two, the fans turn.

This in turn festers an environment where the players start to disconnect. They start 'getting injured' and don't want to play for the club.

Unfortunately, we may just need to hit complete rock bottom first, which may well be League Two.

One thing for sure, is there is no point in moaning about us not going up this season, as we would come straight back down again. The owner is not going to invest enough to build a sustainable championship team, and therein lies our main problem.

Couldn't agree more with your last paragraph Pennblue. However, if the fans could see something developing or being built they'd be more patient, I certainly would. PL hasn't done too much to improve us on the pitch from what I can see and that's where the frustrations lie.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 9:21]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Sunderland went to Wembley on 09:19 - Feb 27 with 2536 viewsDoctor_Earman

Sunderland went to Wembley on 08:20 - Feb 27 by Herbivore

Cool story, bro.

Ok boomer.
Sunderland went to Wembley on 09:28 - Feb 27 with 2507 viewsr2d2

We mustnt upset St Evans. Unless you have a buyer in place of course?
Sunderland went to Wembley on 09:36 - Feb 27 with 2488 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I don't think there are any justifiable reason how Lambert can explain the way this season has gone if truth be told, although he will look to spin it accordingly as he has done throughout our decline since Accrington (A).

We've heard so many excuses as fans, but we've seen so little rectification actually on the pitch which is the only place it matters. You never win a trophy in a press room.

You win nothing in December, so many games and points to play for, we'll enjoy being the hunters not the hunted, we'll enjoy playing away from home, it took Sheff Utd, Leeds a couple of seasons to get out. But the reality is it is all smoke and mirrors to shift blame for a really really poor season.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Sunderland went to Wembley on 10:23 - Feb 27 with 2404 viewsBackToRussia

Spot on.

I'm afraid being cool on Twtd trumps actually doing anything about it.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Sunderland went to Wembley on 10:48 - Feb 27 with 2361 viewsRadlett_blue

Spot on.

I think the biggest problem with Evans has been his inability to pick good managers. He has now managed 3 complete duds out of 4. This, coupled with his "let the manager get on with the football" policy, has led to a lack of a coherent football strategy and no real team building, with the exception of Mick, who did manage to fashion a coherent team despite inheriting a mess and being given little money. Allowing Hurst to waste the money he was given on sub-standard lower league players has probably condemned us to a lengthy stay in Divsion 3 and Lambert has shown few signs of being able to mould a decent squad by the standards of this league into an effective team.
However, it's Evans who pays the bills and I see no point in protesting about him. It's up to him when he crystallises his loss on Town and we won't necessarily be better off unless we find a rich man with a bit more football nous than Evans.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sunderland went to Wembley on 10:53 - Feb 27 with 2340 viewsHerbivore

Sunderland went to Wembley on 09:19 - Feb 27 by Doctor_Earman

Ok boomer.

I'm Generation Y or a Xennial, mate. The best of the generations, although techncially it's a sub-generation.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sunderland went to Wembley on 11:08 - Feb 27 with 2309 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Sunderland went to Wembley on 08:29 - Feb 27 by pennblue

I don't think fans have turned sour quickly on Paul Lambert, he came in October 2018. We were relegated pretty poorly, but the fans stuck behind him probably with the belief that the squad needed the backing to turn the rot around, and the fans thought that it would be repaid in League 1, but truth be told, it looks as though we have found our level right now.

But Paul Lambert can never be accused of not having time, we are around 18 months into his tenure now;
what is his philosophy? what is his approach? what has built over 18 months, and I rather to what has he built on the pitch, not off it?

I think fans can deal with bad results, if you can see a project is being built constructively.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 11:09]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024