Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keiffer Moore 08:32 - Feb 27 with 6959 viewsPippin1970

Doing the business for Wigan . Another player sold for peanuts.
Keiffer Moore on 13:25 - Feb 27 with 2040 viewsNo9

Keiffer Moore on 11:37 - Feb 27 by Herbivore

Murphy played out wide for a large number of those appearances in his early stints here and his goal average over that run of games is still better than Moore's.

Subtract the 27 - one season - goals & the picture doesn't look so good?
Keiffer Moore on 13:42 - Feb 27 with 2028 viewsHerbivore

Keiffer Moore on 13:25 - Feb 27 by No9

Subtract the 27 - one season - goals & the picture doesn't look so good?

No, but why would you subtract 27 goals from his tally? Murphy only really consistently played as a centre forward for us in his last 3 years here under Mick and his return in that time was good. To compare him with Kieffer Moore is bizarre. I get that your brain is wired so that anything is associated with Mick must be bad, but this is taking it a step too far.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Keiffer Moore on 13:47 - Feb 27 with 2021 viewsNo9

Keiffer Moore on 13:42 - Feb 27 by Herbivore

No, but why would you subtract 27 goals from his tally? Murphy only really consistently played as a centre forward for us in his last 3 years here under Mick and his return in that time was good. To compare him with Kieffer Moore is bizarre. I get that your brain is wired so that anything is associated with Mick must be bad, but this is taking it a step too far.

What I did in response to your comment about KM not being prolific was to point out he isn't the only one & to do so stuck with ITFC
You don't have to accept what is a matter of record do you?
Keiffer Moore on 13:51 - Feb 27 with 2016 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Keiffer Moore on 10:57 - Feb 27 by No9

However there are a lot of footballers in the diviosn with no better record who are considered to be good strikers as an example wiki shows Daryl Murphy put in 207 apperanced for ITFC & scored 61 goals, 27 of them in one season.

I like the way you try and illustrate that point by highlighting a player with a far better goal per game record, and that they once scored nearly double as many goals in a single Championship season as Moore has managed at that level in his entire career...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Keiffer Moore on 13:53 - Feb 27 with 2012 viewsHerbivore

Keiffer Moore on 13:47 - Feb 27 by No9

What I did in response to your comment about KM not being prolific was to point out he isn't the only one & to do so stuck with ITFC
You don't have to accept what is a matter of record do you?

In the three seasons with us where Murphy played as a central striker for us consistently he scored 50 goals in 132 Championship matches. And you're really trying to compare him to Kieffer Moore who has 6 goals in 25 this season and 4 goals in 20 in his last stab at the Championship?

Keiffer Moore on 13:53 - Feb 27 with 2013 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Keiffer Moore on 13:42 - Feb 27 by Herbivore

The last bit works really well when Fred’s argument is basically that Murphy was rubbish apart from those seasons under McCarthy when he was suddenly banging them in for fun

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Keiffer Moore on 14:06 - Feb 27 with 1999 viewsHerbivore

Keiffer Moore on 13:53 - Feb 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The last bit works really well when Fred’s argument is basically that Murphy was rubbish apart from those seasons under McCarthy when he was suddenly banging them in for fun

Well quite. Mick and TC turned him from a rugged but limited left winger/left sided forward into a top Championship striker. Good on them I say. I'm not sure what that has to do with Kieffer Moore, but there we go.

Keiffer Moore on 14:41 - Feb 27 with 1979 viewsNo9

Keiffer Moore on 13:53 - Feb 27 by Herbivore

In the three seasons with us where Murphy played as a central striker for us consistently he scored 50 goals in 132 Championship matches. And you're really trying to compare him to Kieffer Moore who has 6 goals in 25 this season and 4 goals in 20 in his last stab at the Championship?

Well maybe you can show where you got that but as far as I can see between season 2011/12 & 2016/17 Daryl Murphy, ecluding 2014 /14 when he scored 27 goals his tally was 34 goals in 155 aappreances. (2067 app inc total & 61 goals)
I am howeve,open to you showing your different stats with origin.
Login to get fewer ads

Keiffer Moore on 15:03 - Feb 27 with 1962 viewsDoctor_Earman

Keiffer Moore on 10:12 - Feb 27 by TheTrueBlue1878

He was bought for 10k and sold for £2.5m after playing 11 games for us and never scoring for us.

For all of Marcus Evans faults, and there are certainly a list of them, selling players on the cheap isn't one of them. In fact, he tends to do very well when it comes to the selling side of the business.

Utter nonsense. Just look at the amount of players the club has paid decent fees for only to see them then leave on free transfers:

Gareth McAuley
David Norris
Luciano Civelli
Tamas Priskin
Jason Scotland
Damien Delaney
Lee Martin
Michael Chopra
Carlos Edwards
Scott Loach
Anthony Wordsworth
Jonas Knudsen
Grant Ward

That's not to mention the players who have been sold for peanuts or let go and are now worth tens of millions e.g. Adam Webster, Conor Hourihane, Jack Marriott, Matt Clarke etc. Terrible decision making from Evans.
Keiffer Moore on 15:03 - Feb 27 with 1960 viewsHerbivore

Keiffer Moore on 14:41 - Feb 27 by No9

Well maybe you can show where you got that but as far as I can see between season 2011/12 & 2016/17 Daryl Murphy, ecluding 2014 /14 when he scored 27 goals his tally was 34 goals in 155 aappreances. (2067 app inc total & 61 goals)
I am howeve,open to you showing your different stats with origin.

Keiffer Moore on 15:09 - Feb 27 with 1945 viewsPecker

Keiffer Moore on 11:33 - Feb 27 by Harlestonblue

Which manager sold him?

Bl00dy MM. Not interested in a lump up front. Wanted to play it on the deck and cut through teams rather than going over them. Clueless.
Keiffer Moore on 15:13 - Feb 27 with 1932 viewslondontractorboy57

Keiffer Moore on 10:33 - Feb 27 by PhilTWTD

Was £750,000 plus another £175,000 when he moved on to Wigan, minus whatever Forest Green's percentage of that was. He cost us £20,000, according to MM.

Fourth Sell-On Windfall for Blues as Moore Completes Wigan Move 5th Aug 2019 18:37
Town are set to receive a small sell-on windfall after former striker Kieffer Moore completed his move from Barnsley to Wigan Athletic. 40

Another MM gem of transfer business still we are in a better position without him
Keiffer Moore on 15:30 - Feb 27 with 1912 viewsPecker

Keiffer Moore on 15:13 - Feb 27 by londontractorboy57

Another MM gem of transfer business still we are in a better position without him

Tyrone will forever be the best bit of business by any Town Manager/Owner. Brought for £10,000 + pre-season friendly, sold for £7-8 million. So much for Evans selling on the cheap.
Keiffer Moore on 16:07 - Feb 27 with 1891 viewsTractorCam

Keiffer Moore on 15:30 - Feb 27 by Pecker

Tyrone will forever be the best bit of business by any Town Manager/Owner. Brought for £10,000 + pre-season friendly, sold for £7-8 million. So much for Evans selling on the cheap.

We rejected £8m for McGoldrick too, a player deemed 'greedy and lazy' by a good chunk of Town fans.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Keiffer Moore on 09:19 - Feb 28 with 1830 viewsitfcjoe

It was silly not having another look at him after he had ripped up L1 on loan at Rotherham.

He struggled here initially, but had moved up from the Conference South to the Championship mid season, a massive jump just in terms of fitness and conditioning let alone the ability.

He then had a full pre season at a pro club and was excellent and hasn't looked back since - now a key man for Wales too. At the time we had decent strikers on the books in McGoldrick, Garner and Waghorn but seemed shortsighted to sell that quickly.

I think one of the issues was we had signed him on peanuts and he was being offered big money at Barnsley on a permanent deal so we had to basically give him a new contract to stay.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Keiffer Moore on 09:57 - Feb 28 with 1805 viewsRadlett_blue

Keiffer Moore on 09:19 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

It was silly not having another look at him after he had ripped up L1 on loan at Rotherham.

He struggled here initially, but had moved up from the Conference South to the Championship mid season, a massive jump just in terms of fitness and conditioning let alone the ability.

He then had a full pre season at a pro club and was excellent and hasn't looked back since - now a key man for Wales too. At the time we had decent strikers on the books in McGoldrick, Garner and Waghorn but seemed shortsighted to sell that quickly.

I think one of the issues was we had signed him on peanuts and he was being offered big money at Barnsley on a permanent deal so we had to basically give him a new contract to stay.

And when we did give Moore a go, it was generally a 10 minute cameo in a game in which we were struggling. Long balls would be lumped in his general direction. Most strikers would have looked poor under those circumstances.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Keiffer Moore on 10:30 - Feb 28 with 1792 viewsBiGDonnie

Keiffer Moore on 10:12 - Feb 27 by TheTrueBlue1878

He was bought for 10k and sold for £2.5m after playing 11 games for us and never scoring for us.

For all of Marcus Evans faults, and there are certainly a list of them, selling players on the cheap isn't one of them. In fact, he tends to do very well when it comes to the selling side of the business.

He wasn't sold for anywhere near £2.5m. Less than £1m.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Keiffer Moore on 10:50 - Feb 28 with 1786 viewsjayessess

The issue is planning, isn't it? We sold Moore in January 2018 and by August we had no strikers who'd ever played at a higher standard than Moore was.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Keiffer Moore on 16:01 - Feb 28 with 1742 viewsFacefacts

He wanted to leave. It was circumstances and timing. The only thing 'Ipswich' about him was this was his parent club. We had a look at him, judged his ability at that point in time, and sent him on loan. I just couldn't believe the improvement in him, on being set free. Fair play to him, he settled down, but I suppose we can only ask, why did he not receive the environment at Ipswich Town where he could thrive and improve? Our coaches and managers make a judgment and stick to it. We can debate about other players who left and suddenly became worth a whole lot more money. Jack Marriott, whose exit from Ipswich is well known and understandable. If he was ripping it up and banging in the goals he would not have come back in the summer stupidly overweight.
We are not very good at giving young players a chance at the right time. Players are then not happy here and want to leave, and that is a general point, I know, without proof, but I am sure there is something in it.
Keiffer Moore on 16:15 - Feb 28 with 1732 viewsHerbivore

Keiffer Moore on 16:01 - Feb 28 by Facefacts

He wanted to leave. It was circumstances and timing. The only thing 'Ipswich' about him was this was his parent club. We had a look at him, judged his ability at that point in time, and sent him on loan. I just couldn't believe the improvement in him, on being set free. Fair play to him, he settled down, but I suppose we can only ask, why did he not receive the environment at Ipswich Town where he could thrive and improve? Our coaches and managers make a judgment and stick to it. We can debate about other players who left and suddenly became worth a whole lot more money. Jack Marriott, whose exit from Ipswich is well known and understandable. If he was ripping it up and banging in the goals he would not have come back in the summer stupidly overweight.
We are not very good at giving young players a chance at the right time. Players are then not happy here and want to leave, and that is a general point, I know, without proof, but I am sure there is something in it.

Moore would have been fourth or fifth choice here when he came back from his loan. He wanted to go and play regularly, which is fair enough. He got 4 goals in 20 games in the Championship for Barnsley whilst Waghorn continued banging them in for us. He only has 6 in 25 this season. Let's not make out we let a top Championship player go for peanuts. He's a League 1 striker really and we weren't planning on becoming a League 1 side at the time we sold him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024