Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It is frustrating to watch but.... 09:47 - Mar 1 with 5546 viewspennblue

We are close, just watch those highlights back.

We just need to be more clinical in both boxes, I am sure we just need to tweak the mentality a bit more and we would look very very good.

The football is 100% better under Lambert. We are now a football team once more.

Downes needs to evolve into a Lampard / Gerrard player. Nolan and Judge can already do that, they just need to start scoring more goals.

Lets bring Ndaba, Simpson, Cotter and Dobra into the 1st team now, and build for the next 2 seasons. We are not ready for the Championship yet, this is still a work in progress.

We can't judge Lambert, it is far too early, he has not had enough transfer windows to assemble his team yet.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 09:55 - Mar 1 with 5518 viewsGuthrum

How long have we been saying that? At what point do we draw the conclusion that we are simply unable to do that extra bit of tightening up?

As regarding the squad, he has had three transfer windows, has brought in some players of decent pedigree, but not managed to forge a system which works consistently. There are financial constraints, yes. But McCarthy managed to keep us in the Championship with similar (albeit with sometimes grim tactics).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 09:55 - Mar 1 with 5515 viewsjayessess

Paul Lambert has been in post longer than the majority of bosses in League One.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 10:55 - Mar 1 with 5410 viewsbraveblue

It will never be better under Evans. We could have won that easily yesterday but needed a finisher. Got £500k in Jan and did not spend a penny. We needed striker cover. Look at us now.
It is frustrating to watch but.... on 10:57 - Mar 1 with 5393 viewsBluebell

Both goals were easily avoidable.

The first one if two of our players hadn't gone for the ball and kicked it well away, the second I feel Holy should have saved.

But it is happening all the time.
It is frustrating to watch but.... on 10:59 - Mar 1 with 5378 viewsclive_baker

Hi Paul.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

A couple of issues with your post..... on 11:04 - Mar 1 with 5377 viewsBloots

…..we aren't close, we're miles off.

The football isn't 100% better under Lambert, it's crap.

Downes will be gone long before he "Evolves"

Nolan and Judge are crap.

Ndaba isn't good enough.

Cotter is injured.

We can judge Lambert, watch me...…..he's crap, there you go.

Apart from that you're spot on.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 11:09 - Mar 1 with 5344 viewsTrequartista

There's truth to that but there's also myopia. Which team in the last two games hit the woodwork (i.e. came closest to scoring again) and which team didn't, answers a) Oxford and Blackpool b) Ipswich, and Lambert conveniently ignores this in his bleating.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 11:30 - Mar 1 with 5297 viewsWeWereZombies

I have just watched the highlights too and my most abiding impression is that for their first goal Huws is wandering around on the edge of our box like a lost child. That would be bad enough but then he goes and gets involved to make things worse. It seems that only four or five months ago he was desperately awaited to bring quality to the team. What had gone wrong? Was he put off his usual game to make way for Bishop? Really odd.

But not to be completely negative I thought Keane showed a lot of ability and determination to set up Sears for our goal.

We will never know the full story of what goes on behind the scenes but the mystery of why Lambert got a five year deal is going to exercise us for a while. Did he have a better offer from another club or did he just need placating because funds were not available for the January transfer window? And has the legacy become that Lambert is losing the dressing room and/or the dressing room are losing Lambert...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 11:39 - Mar 1 with 5256 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

We are close, execution has been horrendous, maybe less so preparation, that must lay at the players door steps, not Lamberts?

Missed chances, time after time after time. Stupid individuals errors time after time.

I don’t see how that can be placed at Lamberts doorstep.

I don’t think the bulk of the players are anywhere near as good as people see through blue tinted glasses.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 11:39]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 11:42 - Mar 1 with 5236 viewsCoco

Lol

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 11:57 - Mar 1 with 5195 viewsblueconscience

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 11:42 - Mar 1 by Coco

Lol

The comedians on here have been great lately!!!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 12:21 - Mar 1 with 5139 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Isn't he meant to "coach" the players.....? on 12:36 - Mar 1 with 5105 viewsBloots

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 11:39 - Mar 1 by TheTrueBlue1878

We are close, execution has been horrendous, maybe less so preparation, that must lay at the players door steps, not Lamberts?

Missed chances, time after time after time. Stupid individuals errors time after time.

I don’t see how that can be placed at Lamberts doorstep.

I don’t think the bulk of the players are anywhere near as good as people see through blue tinted glasses.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 11:39]

…..you know, make them "better"??

It's a strange concept to some people (including the knobhead himself) obviously.

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 13:02 - Mar 1 with 5050 viewsPJH

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 11:30 - Mar 1 by WeWereZombies

I have just watched the highlights too and my most abiding impression is that for their first goal Huws is wandering around on the edge of our box like a lost child. That would be bad enough but then he goes and gets involved to make things worse. It seems that only four or five months ago he was desperately awaited to bring quality to the team. What had gone wrong? Was he put off his usual game to make way for Bishop? Really odd.

But not to be completely negative I thought Keane showed a lot of ability and determination to set up Sears for our goal.

We will never know the full story of what goes on behind the scenes but the mystery of why Lambert got a five year deal is going to exercise us for a while. Did he have a better offer from another club or did he just need placating because funds were not available for the January transfer window? And has the legacy become that Lambert is losing the dressing room and/or the dressing room are losing Lambert...

Their first goal was because Garbutt tried a silly flick on the edge of our area, we had almost got away with that but then Downes tacked Huws...

Personally I think Garbutt, Downes and maybe Holy were more at fault for that goal that Huws was.

I thought so at the time and also think so after seeing it again.

Before the game yesterday I thought that the team selection was brave and possibly on paper the best starting eleven that we have had all season.

If Freddie had scored at the end or even possibly if it had finished 1-1 I think that starting team might have still achieved something this season-I know that Downes cannot play the next two games.

Trouble is I am not sure that Sears and Bishop will be able to start on Tuesday, doubt if both of them will anyway.

Dobra looked good and Simpson impressed in his few minutes.
Isn't he meant to "coach" the players.....? on 13:06 - Mar 1 with 5033 viewsjeera

Isn't he meant to "coach" the players.....? on 12:36 - Mar 1 by Bloots

…..you know, make them "better"??

It's a strange concept to some people (including the knobhead himself) obviously.

He's not a coach though is he, by his own admission.

But yes that's exactly what's needed.

At our level we can't afford the luxury of someone in charge of the team who is just a manager. You need someone who knows their stuff and shows the players how it's done.

Some actual, hands-on inspiration.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Yeah, he's only here for.... on 13:11 - Mar 1 with 5016 viewsBloots

Isn't he meant to "coach" the players.....? on 13:06 - Mar 1 by jeera

He's not a coach though is he, by his own admission.

But yes that's exactly what's needed.

At our level we can't afford the luxury of someone in charge of the team who is just a manager. You need someone who knows their stuff and shows the players how it's done.

Some actual, hands-on inspiration.

….his tactical prowess I guess.

Oh well.

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 13:13 - Mar 1 with 5011 viewsHerbivore

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 11:30 - Mar 1 by WeWereZombies

Huws would have had the ball away if Downes hadn't toe poked it away from him. That was on Downes if you watch it again.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 13:14 - Mar 1 with 4999 viewsPJH

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 13:13 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

Huws would have had the ball away if Downes hadn't toe poked it away from him. That was on Downes if you watch it again.

I think so too, as I have just said.
It is frustrating to watch but.... on 13:16 - Mar 1 with 4991 viewsHerbivore

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 13:14 - Mar 1 by PJH

I think so too, as I have just said.

Yes, hadn't seen your post when I replied. Not sure what Downes was thinking. That goal was a comedy of errors.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 13:41 - Mar 1 with 4946 viewsr2d2

100% better, what planet are you on? The football is crap.
It is frustrating to watch but.... on 14:32 - Mar 1 with 4895 viewsWeWereZombies

It is frustrating to watch but.... on 13:02 - Mar 1 by PJH

Their first goal was because Garbutt tried a silly flick on the edge of our area, we had almost got away with that but then Downes tacked Huws...

Personally I think Garbutt, Downes and maybe Holy were more at fault for that goal that Huws was.

I thought so at the time and also think so after seeing it again.

Before the game yesterday I thought that the team selection was brave and possibly on paper the best starting eleven that we have had all season.

If Freddie had scored at the end or even possibly if it had finished 1-1 I think that starting team might have still achieved something this season-I know that Downes cannot play the next two games.

Trouble is I am not sure that Sears and Bishop will be able to start on Tuesday, doubt if both of them will anyway.

Dobra looked good and Simpson impressed in his few minutes.

OK, I have had another few looks at it and the Downes poke is clearly what makes the Blackpool goal but I stand by my point about Huws not being at 100% attention during the move, and quite slow in this defensive move and in the previous attack from the highlights. If it had been Douglas towards the end of his time at Town it would have been the stuff of Twitter feeds. I can't fully comment because I was not at the game but I am wondering about confusion on his part of where exactly he was expected to play.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024