Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Happy clapper” is now an insult 21:33 - Mar 4 with 1322 viewsWickwar_Blue

I have just been called a “happy clapper” on the Evans out page.

I’m not entirely sure what one of those is.

Is it millennial speak for a w@nker?
“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 21:37 - Mar 4 with 1285 viewsjeera

It's been around for quite some time.

Usually it tends to mean you've tried to speak some sense but it fell on deaf ears.

Take it as a compliment.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 21:38 - Mar 4 with 1276 viewssparks

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 21:37 - Mar 4 by jeera

Usually it tends to mean you've tried to speak some sense but it fell on deaf ears.

Take it as a compliment.

It means you support your team on the day, regardless of what criticisms or reservations you may have about particular players, tactics, management or performances.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 21:41 - Mar 4 with 1256 viewsWickwar_Blue

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 21:37 - Mar 4 by jeera

Take it as a compliment.

Ah. I asked who they thought would pay the bills in the event they forced Evans out.

A “new owner”.... hmmm they’re queuing up!
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 21:43]
“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 22:11 - Mar 4 with 1172 viewsSwansea_Blue

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 21:38 - Mar 4 by sparks

It means you support your team on the day, regardless of what criticisms or reservations you may have about particular players, tactics, management or performances.

What, no booing, commenting on the size of black players’ cocks or calling opposition players paedos? That’ll never catch on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 22:26 - Mar 4 with 1149 viewsCoco

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 21:41 - Mar 4 by Wickwar_Blue

Ah. I asked who they thought would pay the bills in the event they forced Evans out.

A “new owner”.... hmmm they’re queuing up!
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 21:43]

Don't start listening to Adrian Durham!

Agree with your sentiment but never the condescendence. Just wish Evans would spend some money on a football expert at the top of the club.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 22:29 - Mar 4 with 1141 viewscoolcat

I've been called that before. However, today I was called a 'deluded fan' on twitter by a fellow Ipswich fan. Despite our losing last night, which was disappointing of course, I mentioned I was impressed with Tyreece Simpson when he came on.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 22:39]
“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 22:30 - Mar 4 with 1135 viewsDeano69

It means you don’t boo and swear at the players and staff of the football club you say you support, even if they are struggling, having a hard time and desperately need your support.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 22:35 - Mar 4 with 1125 viewsWickwar_Blue

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 22:30 - Mar 4 by Deano69

It means you don’t boo and swear at the players and staff of the football club you say you support, even if they are struggling, having a hard time and desperately need your support.

To be honest it got better. I said I didn’t understand how “getting the bedsheets out”, protesting etc would attract a new owner.

The reference to “bedsheets” led me to being labelled as a “TWTD boomer”.

Brilliant!
Login to get fewer ads

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 22:38 - Mar 4 with 1113 viewsDeano69

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 22:35 - Mar 4 by Wickwar_Blue

To be honest it got better. I said I didn’t understand how “getting the bedsheets out”, protesting etc would attract a new owner.

Brilliant!

Amazing.

Because the booing and ridiculing our players last night worked out really well.

Personally, I don’t have a lot of time for Evans, but as I don’t have a spare £100mill to burn, it’s not something I can do a great deal about. Just try to play my bit by supporting the club and team.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 22:41]

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 22:45 - Mar 4 with 1083 viewsfooters

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 22:35 - Mar 4 by Wickwar_Blue

Brilliant!

The saddest thing on that group is that you can see they're middle-aged men, not kids, who should all know a lot better.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 22:47 - Mar 4 with 1075 viewssparks

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 22:38 - Mar 4 by Deano69

Amazing.

Because the booing and ridiculing our players last night worked out really well.

Personally, I don’t have a lot of time for Evans, but as I don’t have a spare £100mill to burn, it’s not something I can do a great deal about. Just try to play my bit by supporting the club and team.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 22:41]

Here's the thing:

I get the booing. Its about the only way we can make our frustrations heard and feel like we might be having an influence and impact on what is an atrocious situation.

However, it is plainly counter productive at games- and especially during games. Players who are nervous to take responsibility or play positively, do not make a succesful team. And players who are expecting to be abused if they make a bad pass, make safe passes. Players who are considering offers from other clubs, are impacted by the way they feel about the club they are at- their emotive instinctual thoughts about the club. If those thoughts are negative- they are far more likely to look elsewhere.

People who say they have the right to boo having paid their money, are utterly oblivious to the right of other people who have paid their money, not to suffer a toxic atmosphere, or to have the team they have paid to watch negatively affected by abuse and booing.

The last game I attended with a season ticket was under Magilton. The toxic atmosphere, the mindless abuse being directed at players and managers and the confrontation(s) I had with the ignorant twot behind me who repeatedly shouted "magilton you irish c----" every time a move broke down, or a pass went astray, had an awful lot to do with not renewing. It stopped being an enjoyable prospect to attend- irrespective of results or performances.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 01:05 - Mar 5 with 1002 viewsBlueBadger

It means you think that you're not prepared to accuse our manager of being a paedophile.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 06:16 - Mar 5 with 908 viewsDeano69

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 22:47 - Mar 4 by sparks

Here's the thing:

I get the booing. Its about the only way we can make our frustrations heard and feel like we might be having an influence and impact on what is an atrocious situation.

However, it is plainly counter productive at games- and especially during games. Players who are nervous to take responsibility or play positively, do not make a succesful team. And players who are expecting to be abused if they make a bad pass, make safe passes. Players who are considering offers from other clubs, are impacted by the way they feel about the club they are at- their emotive instinctual thoughts about the club. If those thoughts are negative- they are far more likely to look elsewhere.

People who say they have the right to boo having paid their money, are utterly oblivious to the right of other people who have paid their money, not to suffer a toxic atmosphere, or to have the team they have paid to watch negatively affected by abuse and booing.

The last game I attended with a season ticket was under Magilton. The toxic atmosphere, the mindless abuse being directed at players and managers and the confrontation(s) I had with the ignorant twot behind me who repeatedly shouted "magilton you irish c----" every time a move broke down, or a pass went astray, had an awful lot to do with not renewing. It stopped being an enjoyable prospect to attend- irrespective of results or performances.

Totally agree. I probably should have added ‘while the game is in progress’ I can understand booing at the half and full time whistle, not that I join in, but it can be considered a form of protest or show of real dissatisfaction it the effort.

I can even get a well worded ‘banner’ of protest. But can’t accept that berating and abusing individuals and the club as a whole during a game as beneficial or acceptable.

Yes, there is an expectation that the players rise to the occasion and ‘play for the shirt/badge’, and going one behind against burton the crowd responded very differently and we came away comfortable 4-1 winners. That was never going to happen Tuesday, you could see the despondency in the players, especially when the anti Evans, anti Lambert and sarcastic cheering started.

Not only will the toxic atmosphere not help the players, it is most likely the reason I will consider whether I renew my season ticket next season. I am fed up when we don’t play well and don’t win, frustrated when a player or players seem to lack effort or indeed care. I am also disappointed and perhaps angry at the lack of investment and genuine ambition of the owner, but it will be the horrible atmosphere that finally stops me coming, I don’t want to be part of that.

Sad sad times at the club I love and have done for 40 years.

“Happy clapper” is now an insult on 07:04 - Mar 5 with 858 viewshampstead_blue

How things change.

A Happy Clapper was always someone who went to church and bopped around clapping and singing.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024